Thinking about a new addition

coastalslut

Tourist
I’m thinking about getting a male dog for myself but I have to be careful due to other people in my home. How would I go about having that special relationship while making sure he didn’t try to mount anyone else? Also where could I look for a dog like that? Obviously I want an intact male so unfortunately I can’t rescue from a shelter. Any help is appreciated.

How would I go about having that special relationship while making sure he didn’t try to mount anyone else?
It usually does not happen anyway. You are the only one who is providing this special service. And as long as you dog is reasonably not horny, he is not mounting anyone.
If he does, just tell them to ignore the behavior. It is normal for dogs to sometimes do this, it is not suspicious.

You could buy a dog from someone who is not an official breeder for example. Several threads are dealing with this already. Search is your friend.

You just have to train him, always do things in the same place preferably somewhere you are not going to be all the time. That way he knows what's going on when its time and if he does it somewhere else he gets in trouble. I had a male lab that was awesome he was perfectly fine didn't try to mount anyone else or me until we were in our place and he knew exactly what was happening and he would get really excited.

No. Never punish your dog for asking you for sex somewhere else. That would be confusing. Simply ignore it.

And this approach is not a cure all. I have sex with my dog in once place all the time. And when he has not had sex for 3 days no matter how long we have been having sex in my room, he is going to be horny and will try to ask me for sex anywhere.
Keep your dog sexually satisfied to prevent embarrassing situations.

Teach your people around you that mounting is a normal behavior that sometimes happens. It does not make you zoo. All you have to do it not respond by jerking him off if in that situation it is not appropriate.
Just like you would have to ignore him if you were for example on the bus. Refusing your dog's sexual request does not break him, it happens all the time in the wild to all animals that are a little too horny for the female who is not in the mood.

Last edited:
I don't know where you are, but if you're in North America I would either look at Craigslist/Kijiji or look at your local Humane Society's website. My local one has a page where owners can re-home their dogs and many of them are intact. Craigslist has lots of intact young adult/adult dogs, Kijiji has a few but you have to really look as it's flooded with overpriced, poorly-bred puppies.

You can also explain to your parents or whoever you live with... that jerking a dog off is a technique used for service/show dogs that keeps them calm when they can not be castrated. Find some reference to prove it. And then explain them, that you are going to be doing that for your dog so you do not have to mutilate his genitals and damage his mental and physical development by castration.
Which is what I did (the explaining part).

And depending on how you get on with them, you can even mention that he is horny and this is what he is doing.
Your dog, your rules.

Last edited:
I feel like if it came down to explaining to my family that 'the dog needs to be jerked off' they would probably just say "That's disgusting just fix him" and my face would be so red. Would have loved to be there in spirit to see you explain that Pes to see how well you handled it. I don't think I could do a good job of it... Explaining things to 'normal' people can be difficult, and the culture of 'fixing' is very strong in the United States. I've already been blasted several times online for offering a different viewpoint.
I did not say it is easy. :D And I am in a better situation probably because neutering is not the default in my country.
But you have to prepare the stage for it. My dog has always been difficult to handle around other male dogs (and is more difficult the hornier he is :D ). So I used that as a starter, how do you solve this problem? Without genital mutilation. And from there you find the reference to base your claims on and suggest that this might work and so you are going to try that.

It is not so ridiculous when you come at it with having a problem you need to solve and a solution you want to apply and a proof that someone has done that before and it works.

It is demonstrably working actually if anyone asks you.

I did not sit my family down, stand in front of them and tell them, well I am going to jerk my dog off. :D

I did not say it is easy. :D And I am in a better situation probably because neutering is not the default in my country.
But you have to prepare the stage for it. My dog has always been difficult to handle around other male dogs (and is more difficult the hornier he is :D ). So I used that as a starter, how do you solve this problem? Without genital mutilation. And from there you find the reference to base your claims on and suggest that this might work and so you are going to try that.

It is not so ridiculous when you come at it with having a problem you need to solve and a solution you want to apply and a proof that someone has done that before and it works.

It is demonstrably working actually if anyone asks you.

I did not sit my family down, stand in front of them and tell them, well I am going to jerk my dog off. :D

Is it bad that the first thing that came to mind was the South Park episode where they jack off their dog in front of all their parents and saying "Red rocket"

The more surprising part was that they actually animated a dog penis.

I’m thinking about getting a male dog for myself but I have to be careful due to other people in my home. How would I go about having that special relationship while making sure he didn’t try to mount anyone else? Also where could I look for a dog like that? Obviously I want an intact male so unfortunately I can’t rescue from a shelter. Any help is appreciated.
Discipline. Keep your play to a specific spot and outfit at home. Have him conditioned for this.

Back