The Zeta Chronicles - A pro-active comic for the zoo community

@ZTHorse. How would you portray zoo type relationships in the comic? Would it be casual/dating with animals explaining about consent and stuff or erotic with story?. Would the ferals be talking or teaching us the viewers how body language works?

The coloring looks great though. I just wanna know the "theme/message" you wanna throw out there.

@ZTHorse. How would you portray zoo type relationships in the comic? Would it be casual/dating with animals explaining about consent and stuff or erotic with story?. Would the ferals be talking or teaching us the viewers how body language works?

The coloring looks great though. I just wanna know the "theme/message" you wanna throw out there.
Its tastefully pro-trayed with no erotica. Its SFW.

The consent topic is discussed as well as the moral argumentation. I don't wish to spoil anything, but there is alot of meat in the discussion.

Its tastefully pro-trayed with no erotica. Its SFW.

The consent topic is discussed as well as the moral argumentation. I don't wish to spoil anything, but there is alot of meat in the discussion.
I really want it finished so that it's not one of those incomplete cases you wished it was finished I really want to see the end results I can't wait

I really want it finished so that it's not one of those incomplete cases you wished it was finished I really want to see the end results I can't wait
The writing and sketches are completed. So even if there were delays, we could still release the black and white versions. Its the color that takes time.

The writing and sketches are completed. So even if there were delays, we could still release the black and white versions. Its the color that takes time.
Thanks for the assurances I appreciate the effort despite what anyone says

So where are you going to release it? Where is a safe place for it, where it does reach people outside of this community? And you're not scared antis will use it to launch an attack on ZV OR have them attack the creators, or get any accounts associated with posting / supporting the comic banned on their platforms, or worse, when the feds trace it all the way back to here? I mean, what the fuck are you even doing.

How are you guaranteeing the safety and anonymity of anyone involved, while you're so happy to post links to their Twitter accounts.
They are proud of their work and volunteered their contributions. So I gave them their credits. Its a SFW comic and there is little risk in such.

Methods of release will be disclosed later. There is a strategy.

Because it's a sincere question regarding the safety of the people on this site. He's going to release something to the wide world that can and will put a bullseye on this site and its members.
Isnt a sfw comic just a informative comic?

sfw = Safe for work

it can convey any kind of message. And ZTHorse wants to get zoo acceptance out into the world.
There's nothing wrong with words people don't know the difference between positive and negative zoo stuff. Sadism vs rape vs Pedophilia vs actual zoo consent ( I'm sure the comic is going to focus on the consent piece).

There's nothing wrong with words people don't know the difference between positive and negative zoo stuff. Sadism vs rape vs Pedophilia vs actual zoo consent ( I'm sure the comic is going to focus on the consent piece).
Trying to convince anti zoos that we're not raping animals is like trying to convince an avalanche not to bury you in snow; pointless, stupid, and you're better off just taking precautions to avoid the avalanche in the first place. Precautions being not starting the avalanche in the first place, which is exactly what this comic is going to do.

I've already been considering just dipping from the site for a few years just because there's been nothing really catching my interest, but this is scaring me into actually taking that leap. I might talk to another site admin and see if some of my fears can be assuaged, but yeah. Maybe in the future we can convince people to accept us, but it's not happening now, and it's not happening with this.

You are asking for acceptance and normalization through a comic that looks like a color mat you give kids at Fridays. It screams grooming to that random dude that comes across it. Your better off vesting real cash back in the medical sectors for studies done in person with a pool of people. Like that survey that didn’t do much of any explanation to the issue.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Probably with this woke culture lately he's trying to get his voice in.
Not sure how well thats gonna work given how most people tend to avoid excessively woke material, why would anyone waste their time on something that is actively going to preach at them for its duration?
They'll take one look see its about some dudes equal rights and drop it to go watch john wick again.

They'll take one look see its about some dudes equal rights and drop it to go watch john wick again.
You say that like it's a bad thing?

I've long, and sometimes quite vocally, been a proponent of the "out of sight, out of mind" concept. Yeah, the straights (mostly - some are truly clueless) know we exist, but most of them don't THINK ABOUT US unless something happens to rub our existence in their collective faces. Then they get batshit about it. Trying to educate them about us, especially with a comic book (Is it just me, or does anybody else suspect a "Look! Those animal-boinking (We're staying SFW/PG-13, remember) freaks are trying to recruit our kids!" reaction from the mundanes?) is a great way to start the "rubbing" process.

On the other hand, as I think I said someplace that didn't get whacked, I actually kinda like the artwork I've seen.
On the gripping hand: but the reading so far... Oy vey! <CRINGE> When does the hurting stop?

Oh, and side-note: if the fox needs glasses, rather than just being an affectation, he needs to get contacts or lasik ASAP! That little detail is (to my tastes, anyway) a big part of the cringe factor. Says somebody who wears bifocals IRL, and thinks Velma was hotter than Daphne on Scooby Doo - That should tell you it ain't an "anti-glasses" prejudice - Just an "anti-glasses on fuchsbau" prejudice :)

Not sure how well thats gonna work given how most people tend to avoid excessively woke material, why would anyone waste their time on something that is actively going to preach at them for its duration?
Nah they'll see it's someone trying to say "just let me rape animals" and blow an artery, light their torches and go for a lynching.

(Note, that's their thinking from their perspective, not mine)

Pretty much. Our Fearless Leaders forget that we are not too far removed from Tar, Feathers, and Rails, and even less far from lynching, since the last of those happened in the early sixties. That is unless you count the Chick that was killed when the boys found out she was a fella once, or the black men that got drug behind pickup trucks in two separate states. Those are far more recent. They should try reading "Fire in a Cane Break" or take a look at any of a myriad of movies on the subject....

I will confess to being a Nutcake, but Im damned if I want to be "Strange Fruit".

Last edited:
There is a plan in place for strategic placement.
Strategic placement? That sounds so embarrassing, you're talking like this is the secret plan to convince the world zoos are totally fine and just must be accepted at once, as if it was some children's show plot.
This approach feels so incredibly naive and downright dumb.

I love animals as much as the next guy but this is precisely what normal people point at to laugh at zoos, this belief that a furry comic will change minds over a serious topic that has been taboo for most of human history.

Reading the first three pages i could see, i can already tell this will fail by the random capitalization of words, misspells like "butterflys" and the writing level of a AO3 fanfic. If this is using donators money, the project should stop, since this feels more like a personal thing.

Last edited:
Dakeff is unfortunately right. Naive childish and whimsical comes to mind seeing this. If the lgbtq and furry community say hard no to real experiences, the closest group whod understand, I don't know how you think this'll realistically work out with a silly comic. If it was that easy we wouldn't be talking about any of this right now

If its also true they're legitimately using donator money, that'd be extremely gross and disrespectful negligence. That's not your money to play stupid games with.

Yeah I tend to shy away from the whole being a primates relative myself. I am educated enough, seen enough, and experienced enough that I personally believe I did not evolve. Evolution seems to be a way to allow folks to believe they are the most important thing in the universe just as some folks use to believe the sun revolved around the earth and some countries belived they were the center of all things. It also allows folks to do unspeakable things to other humans and never feel guilt or remorse. Folks also want an easy, finite, simple answer to every question instead of not knowing the infinite, incomprehensible, unknown that is the beauty and wonder of creation. They want something concrete and real that they can hold in their hand. I personally am just fine not knowing all the wonderful mysteries that dwell within me and surround me. I know that simply I am a truly amazing, mystifying, marvel.

There most likely are more believers here but they are unwilling to admit it, denial is another way to avoid guilt and remorse. I don't care myself because I have grown beyond all that. It takes a bigger person to believe in something greater than themselves and admit they are but a small part of a greater whole. Plus it allows for hope and happiness knowing that there is something way better coming in the future. What does a denier have? A short life here and than death. Yeah I will take creation and the possibility of eternity and exploration over that any day of the week.

I have no issues with folks believing as they will, that too is a very awesome thing. We were never created to be mindless drones.

Evolution is a scientific theory about how life on earth changes and has changed. It has no moral component and says nothing about the existence or non-existence of anything spiritual or supernatural, and makes no value judgments about our beliefs or actions. When you say you don't think you evolved you are correct if you are referring to yourself as an individual; individual organisms do not evolve, but populations do and humans today are different than our ancestors of 100,000 years ago.

People have used evolution to try to justify many things, just as they have with other scientific theories, but none of those things are part of those theories. Also no scientists "believe" in evolution any more than they believe in gravity. Science is not about Truth, it is a way to to study and understand the observable world, and so far has been the most effective way humans have found to do this. It does not claim complete or final knowledge about the things it studies, and claims no knowledge outside of the things it studies. Of course most individual scientists have beliefs about many things that are not part of science, but they recognize and acknowledge (f they are honest) what is science and what is not.

Yeah I tend to shy away from the whole being a primates relative myself. I am educated enough, seen enough, and experienced enough that I personally believe I did not evolve. Evolution seems to be a way to allow folks to believe they are the most important thing in the universe just as some folks use to believe the sun revolved around the earth and some countries belived they were the center of all things. It also allows folks to do unspeakable things to other humans and never feel guilt or remorse. Folks also want an easy, finite, simple answer to every question instead of not knowing the infinite, incomprehensible, unknown that is the beauty and wonder of creation. They want something concrete and real that they can hold in their hand. I personally am just fine not knowing all the wonderful mysteries that dwell within me and surround me. I know that simply I am a truly amazing, mystifying, marvel.

There most likely are more believers here but they are unwilling to admit it, denial is another way to avoid guilt and remorse. I don't care myself because I have grown beyond all that. It takes a bigger person to believe in something greater than themselves and admit they are but a small part of a greater whole. Plus it allows for hope and happiness knowing that there is something way better coming in the future. What does a denier have? A short life here and than death. Yeah I will take creation and the possibility of eternity and exploration over that any day of the week.

I have no issues with folks believing as they will, that too is a very awesome thing. We were never created to be mindless drones.

Good luck with that, bubba. The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. The sunny opiate outlook is fine, if it gets you through the nights. It may be that we only live once, but once is enough, if you do it right.

Last edited:
Back