The Official Zoophile's Dictionary 2020

ZTHorse

Retiree
Staff member
09-21-2019, 05:20 PM

Along with the input of several other zoophiles, in combination bringing decades of understanding and observation have come to unite the zoo community with our presentation of the official Zoophile Dictionary. We together hope to end much of the misunderstanding, infighting, and heated debate by giving proper definitions in which we all communicate and in which we can stand behind as our language.

We hope these definitions, alongside with our positions in the zoo community, will become the standard understandings of words used in zoo conversation, discussion and further debate. We strongly believe standardizing these words used within the community will be on par to how Websters dictionary helped define conversations after its creation.

Alongside all those who have aided us in creating these definitions, we hereby declare these as the official zoophiles dictionary to be used with full authoritative power to be referenced as such.

Active - (adj) A zoosexual whom currently is practicing bestiality in the present tense. IE: John is an active zoo with his mare since he acquired her.

Bestiality - The sexual activity between a person and an animal. IE: John enjoyed bestiality with his mare on a regular basis.

Bestialism - A sexual preference which a person has consensual sex with animals but lack's affection or romantic feelings for the animal; A friends with benefits relationship. IE: John sees that bestialism has been growing in the zoo community over the years.

Bestialist - A person who practices bestialism. IE: John has been a bestialist for years.

Bestie - Short for Bestialist. IE: That bestie over there has the prettiest dog i've ever seen.

Exclusive - (adj) A person whom only has sexual relations with animals. IE: John is a exclusive zoophile, he's not into humans.

Inactive - (adj) A Zoosexual whom currently is Not practicing bestiality in the present tense. IE: John doesn't have a mare anymore, he's an inactive zoophile.

Zoophilia: A sexual orientation which a person develops emotional and romantic feelings for animals. IE: More people are accepting zoophilia as more information is released about it.

Zoophile: A person whom forms emotional and romantic feelings for their animals. IE: John knew he was a zoophile when he first saw a mare.

Zoo - Shorten term for zoophile. IE: John is a great zoo.

- [Animal species] Zoo - Clarification of the main (not necessarily only) focus of a zoophile's interest. IE: Your dogs would be super-safe with John, he is a horsezoo only.

NEW *Zooey - Slang term to reference a person, place, practice or idea as zoophilic - IE: You could tell that guy was alittle zooey.

Zoosadism - Sexual pleasure gained from inflicting pain, torture and/or murder on animals. IE: Dave enjoyed killing dogs for his sexual release and he got busted for zoosadism.

Zoosadist - A Person whom practices zoosadism. IE: Dave was banned from zoo groups for being a zoosadist.

Zoosexual - A person whom is sexually attracted to animals; IE: Both zoophiles and bestialists are zoosexuals.

Zoosexuality - Sexual attraction towards animals. IE: Zoosexuality is more common in rural areas than urban.

Last edited:
The word "speciesism" could also be added to the dictionary (for those who don't know what speciesism is, there is a Wikipedia article about it). Speciesism (the prejudice in which humans are viewed as different from non-humans) is part of the reason society views zoo the way it does.

Speciesist attitudes are also why a lot of people are OK with slaughtering and butchering animals for meat -- speciesists see them (non-human animals) as being "below" humans.

Last edited:
The word "speciesism" could also be added to the dictionary (for those who don't know what speciesism is, there is a Wikipedia article about it). Speciesism (the prejudice in which humans are viewed as different from non-humans) is part of the reason society views zoo the way it does.

Speciesist attitudes are also why a lot of people are OK with slaughtering and butchering animals for meat -- speciesists see them (non-human animals) as being "below" humans.

Dogs are carnivores, seeing everything they can catch and eat as less than themselves. Cats are carnivores, seeing everything they can catch and eat as less than themselves.

Are dogs and cats prejudiced? Or are they being 'speciesist'? Or are they just being what they are born to be...carnivores, predators?

We are all here typing crap on the internet specifically because our big brains allowed us to survive and thrive amongst the myriad predators out in the wild. We ARE above them. We are better than them. If we were on the same playing field as them, calling you a dumb bitch wouldn't be an insult. Do you feel insulted? Embrace your superiority!

Dogs are carnivores, seeing everything they can catch and eat as less than themselves. Cats are carnivores, seeing everything they can catch and eat as less than themselves.

Are dogs and cats prejudiced? Or are they being 'speciesist'? Or are they just being what they are born to be...carnivores, predators?

We are all here typing crap on the internet specifically because our big brains allowed us to survive and thrive amongst the myriad predators out in the wild. We ARE above them. We are better than them. If we were on the same playing field as them, calling you a dumb bitch wouldn't be an insult. Do you feel insulted? Embrace your superiority!

In terms of morality, humans are not "above" other animals, and humans are not "superior" to other species. It is arrogant and speciesist to think of humans as being "better" than other species. This planet has many species, and humans are only one of them. Some species are "better" than humans in various ways -- for example, dolphins can use echo location in a manner that humans can't. Another example: cats and dogs can smell things better than humans.

Humans ought to give members of other species moral consideration (the same moral consideration that humans give to each other). Humans are capable of thinking in moral terms (something dogs/cats can't do) -- this doesn't mean humans are "better" than these species, but it does mean that humans should not kill other animals (because they are capable of that moral thinking).

What does ZGTOW mean?

I think it means, "Zoos going their own way" -- it's based on the phrase "Men going their own way" (MGTOW) -- you can search for "Men going their own way" on an Internet search engine.

I think "Zoos going their own way" and "Men going their own way" are about men (or potentially women in the case of ZGTOW) becoming independent and not having a human partner. @ZTHorse has a ZGTOW blog:

What does ZGTOW mean?

"Zoos going their own way"

Similar [but not like] to MGTOW (see there on the internet); You can search this or the accronym in the search box at the very top right of the page and in the middle to back of the results you should find the start of that accronym.

I have nothing to do with that, I just saw it when scrolling over it.

[Animal species]zoo - Clarification of the main (not necessarily only) focus of a zoophile's interest. IE: Your dogs would be super-safe with John, he is a horsezoo only.

The Official Zoophile's Dictionary 2019

Along with the input of several other zoophiles, in combination bringing decades of understanding and observation have come to unite the zoo community with our presentation of the official Zoophile Dictionary. We together hope to end much of the misunderstanding, infighting, and heated debate by giving proper definitions in which we all communicate and in which we can stand behind as our language.

We hope these definitions, alongside with our positions in the zoo community, will become the standard understandings of words used in zoo conversation, discussion and further debate. We strongly believe standardizing these words used within the community will be on par to how Websters dictionary helped define conversations after its creation.

Alongside all those who have aided us in creating these definitions, we hereby declare these as the official zoophiles dictionary to be used with full authoritative power to be referenced as such.

Active - (adj) A zoosexual whom currently is practicing bestiality in the present tense. IE: John is an active zoo with his mare since he acquired her.

Bestiality - The sexual activity between a person and an animal. IE: John enjoyed bestiality with his mare on a regular basis.

Bestialism - A sexual preference which a person has consensual sex with animals but lack's affection or romantic feelings for the animal; A friends with benefits relationship. IE: John sees that bestialism has been growing in the zoo community over the years.

Bestialist - A person who practices bestialism. IE: John has been a bestialist for years.

Bestie - Short for Bestialist. IE: That bestie over there has the prettiest dog i've ever seen.

Exclusive - (adj) A person whom only has sexual relations with animals. IE: John is a exclusive zoophile, he's not into humans.

Inactive - (adj) A Zoosexual whom currently is Not practicing bestiality in the present tense. IE: John doesn't have a mare anymore, he's an inactive zoophile.

Zoophilia: A sexual orientation which a person develops emotional and romantic feelings for animals. IE: More people are accepting zoophilia as more information is released about it.

Zoophile: A person whom forms emotional and romantic feelings for their animals. IE: John knew he was a zoophile when he first saw a mare.

Zoosadism - Sexual pleasure gained from inflicting pain, torture and/or murder on animals. IE: Dave enjoyed killing dogs for his sexual release and he got busted for zoosadism.

Zoosadist - A Person whom practices zoosadism. IE: Dave was banned from zoo groups for being a zoosadist.

Zoosexual - A person whom is sexually attracted to animals; IE: Both zoophiles and bestialists are zoosexuals.

Zoosexuality - Sexual attraction towards animals. IE: Zoosexuality is more common in rural areas than urban.
I do have to say I agree with all these definitions, it's great to see it all collected here for everyone to read, understand & use properly :)

We got a new word added for 2020!

NEW *Zooey - Slang term to reference a person, place, practice or idea as zoophilic - IE: You could tell that guy was alittle zooey.

@pferdefreund I've also added your defintion to the dictionary.

Last edited:
Dogs are carnivores

Dogs are scientifically classified as omnivores. They can even thrive on a vegan diet. (go vegan)

Are dogs and cats prejudiced? Or are they being 'speciesist'?

Animals don't have mens rea. Adult humans do have mens rea. This is the reason why an animal can't be a bigot/racist but a human can be. Same reason why animals can't be guilty of murder, but humans can be guilty of animal murder (go vegan) or guilty of human murder.

We ARE above them. We are better than them.

If a huge meteor where to hit earth right now or an allien race decided to eradicate us, humans would go extinct, bacteria, bugs and some ground dwelling mammals would still survive the apocalypse. So no, humans are not above several other species when it comes to survivability and passing their genes. Humans are only above other animals when it comes to intelligence, that is the only thing that humans are good at. In anything else that is not intelligence, humans are below them, worse than them.

Embrace your superiority!

Your feelings of superiority are delusional, not based on fact, intelligent humans are humble enough to know how inferior their are.
Also, what is the point of embracing superiority? Sounds like it would only lead to discrimination against other species.

Humans are not better, just different! Every species has certain things that they are capable of doing that others are unable to do as well as they can. Saying humans are superior than everything else is sheer arrogance!
yup i am jealous of other species i mean in comparison they have superhuman speed/strength/hearing plus other categories i havent mentioned. all humans have is super intelligence (adapt to environment kind of intel)/lifespan which is boring/blend imo in terms of evolution we are playing the late game, not the early game. when i feel my dog pull me with such force during my walk or when she "jump paws" push me. i wish i had that strength she has.

It's surprising because in the french community some people are pushing for the use of zoosexual for the sexual orientation and zoophilia for sexual attraction.

I may be mistaking but it could have to do with the fact that, since generally paraphilia ends with -phile and that usual sexual orientations use the suffix -sexual, it would seem more natural to use zoosexual in order to get it accepted as an sexual orientation.
Zoosexuality sounds closer to homosexuality or heterosexuality and unfortunatly zoophilia sounds close to paraphilia.

This is so useful! I’ve always referred to myself as a zoo, but now I know I should be using beastialist.

This takes me back to debate in high-school. Gotta define your terms so everyone's on the same page and can understand whats being said. Then you can have an open discussion. Discovered a couple new terms I was unaware of.

Lemme see if I got this right. Going alphabetically, I'm an exclusive-inactive-zoo/zoosexual? I think that's right.

- [Animal species] Zoo - Clarification of the main (not necessarily only) focus of a zoophile's interest. IE: Your dogs would be super-safe with John, he is a horsezoo only.

Is there a term for either a voyeur or for someone that might be curious?

Back