The health of your critters, and you.

I have a question, I am new to this and been in the back of my head for a few years now, but I am scared. How do you guys know if the female dogs don't have brucellosis canis, or any other transmissible desease
Cause you care about her health, and if you suspect you check with your vet?

There are brucelosis tests available and are quite common if you have to breed her 🤷

I have a question, I am new to this and been in the back of my head for a few years now, but I am scared. How do you guys know if the female dogs don't have brucellosis canis, or any other transmissible desease
Cause you care about her health, and if you suspect you check with your vet?

There are brucelosis tests available and are quite common if you have to breed her 🤷
I love that @Richard1998 is asking about such things as "brucellosis canis" as it shows a concern around health in general, and more specifically, the health of his dog and himself. (y)

@Goattobeloved 's response dovetails beautifully into this with sound advice of going to a good vet to get answers.

Now, I've said all this to say:
1st, you do NOT have to be having sex with you dog in order to contract this disease. While it is less common to be transmitted by non-sexual contact, it can happen, simply by saliva.

2nd, people like me who've been doing this for decades, simply don't find this as a problem... just as long as you take very good care of your dog's health as well as your own. Case in point: I have been sexually active for a little over 51 years with dogs, and have never had a single encounter with this disease. So, it is a fairly rare occurrence in dogs.

Hope this helps... 🐕

I love that @Richard1998 is asking about such things as "brucellosis canis" as it shows a concern around health in general, and more specifically, the health of his dog and himself. (y)
Must be something in the water, it is the second time I see someone worried about that specific (and rare) desease in a few days. 🤷

(btw: Sort of offtopic. Lets see if I get a mod to kove this to the appropiate health section)

I can't speak for others, but for me I know because the parents were tested before the pairing and she hasn't been with another dog so there's not realy any way she cold have contracted it; here it is common practice to have a brucellosis test before mating. When it comes to other dogs, it's a matter of understanding how prevalent it is which will vary based on your location. Google "canine brucellosis [your area]" to start the task of figuring out the relatve risks. This is more a problem for fencehoppers who might be mating with strays or other random dogs; if it's a dog in your care, you can have them tested.

I can't speak for others, but for me I know because the parents were tested before the pairing and she hasn't been with another dog so there's not realy any way she cold have contracted it; here it is common practice to have a brucellosis test before mating. When it comes to other dogs, it's a matter of understanding how prevalent it is which will vary based on your location. Google "canine brucellosis [your area]" to start the task of figuring out the relatve risks. This is more a problem for fencehoppers who might be mating with strays or other random dogs; if it's a dog in your care, you can have them tested.
Spot on! (y) 🐕

It seems from this group of people with extremely close contact with animals the occurrence of zoonosis is extremely low.

Though one thing I did notice from kissing my dog was that the spot on flea treatment affected the taste of her kisses for 2 months. This told me it was too harsh on her body affecting her taste for food and permeating her body in ways it should not.

I don't think the pharmaceutical company did enough kiss testing on their trial dogs.
There should be mandatory kiss testing prior to approval, I think very. 👍

hello! How's everybody? My question today is, how dangerous is it to have sex with a dog? If there is a risk of having an infection, it is latent. I understand that oral is very dangerous but I don't know about penetrating a dog's vagina, maybe I would like to know how informed they are, it would be super satisfying to have objective information on this! greetings!

Back