Struggling with sexual identity

So I'm a 24 year old male who has a human partner. I've been with this partner for a number of years, and nothing is really bad about our relationship.

However over the past year or so I've been more and more involved in the zoo community, albeit more on telegram than here on ZV. Over the course of this time I've realized I've fantasized in zoo-exclusive relationships on all intimate levels, not just sexually.

This has caused me a great deal of struggle within my current relationship as I find myself less and less interested in human companionship every day. My partner knows that I'm a zoophile, is okay with it, and has expressed some occasional interest in the subject.

My sex drive with human partners is nowhere close to what it used to be. I find it more of a hassle anymore than something to look forward to. While my sex drive with canine partners has nothing but increased.

I figured I would see if anyone has experienced this same issue. I don't want to hurt my partner. I know I still love them. And I'm not sure I could live without them, frankly. But I'm not sure how long I can dedicate myself to them when my intimate desires towards them are slowly fading away.

This is definitely hard for you. I was lucky, I knew when I was a teenager that I only wanted to live with dogs and I did. It's been over 15 years. I am very happy, but difficult a zoo-exclusive life. But egzotic and special and rare.

Hmmm I love when you write real life struggling with this life style.
I know. I have zoofilia interactions from my 13 years old. Of yourse my girlfriends didn't know but I couldn't resist to my zoofile self. When I was alone I watched or had pleasure with dogs but I never told to my girlfriend or anyone I did even I'm interested in. Once my father almost watched me when I was pushed down pants with my dog lover.
You wrote: ,,My partner knows that I'm a zoophile, is okay with it, and has expressed some occasional interest in the subject."
That's great. That is a good starting. Have you ever asked her about what if you have sexual interaction with a dog progressively? A threesome?
I wasn't enough brave to speak about my zoofile self to anyone. I would love a girlfriend too who is into zoophilia. I hope somebody can help more than me but I felt I must comment.

Maybe your interest in humans is fading, @WinterWolfCrew, but did you consider that this could also be a mixture of "the grass is always greener on the other side" and growing a little older?

I guess it is common for many people in partnerships to lose some of their initial excitement. Something that is new or inaccessible will almost always have a special appeal which something that is routine doesn't have anymore to that extent, unless you manage to spice it up. Besides, sex drive in general does fade somewhat with age and the hormonal changes in our bodies that come with it. You are by no means old, if you've been honest about your age here, but you're also not an always-horny teen anymore.

Then again, your zoophile side could indeed have grown. I just wanted to show another perspective anyway. It's always difficult to compare what you don't have to what you do have.

By the way, "zoo-exclusive" is understood to mean that your sexual orientation is only towards non-human animals or at least that you are only sharing intimacy with non-human animals. So you may get more enlightening responses for your situation with a years-long human partnership, if you post this in a different section of the forum (or ask a mod to move the thread).

Yeah, it was very nicely worded. The exclusive zoo is only interested in animals: either originally since childhood (it is very rare for this to change in the direction of humans) or leave human intimacy there afterwards (they may return to human intimacy later, but not necessarily).

What he has now is a slight shift, he wants a human connection, but just as much or a little better an animal. Maybe later again a little more human, less animal and so on back and forth.
Maybe try this.

Kinsey zoo scale

I have been with (and married since legal) a human non-zoo partner for over 20 years (they knew I was zoo before we got together). My experience is that no matter how loving and dedicated your human partner may be there will be times when he or she wonders and can possibly be hurt by the lack of sexual attraction. In my case my parts don't lie when it comes to what I am attracted to and what I am not. As in any relationship tho sex isn't everything, and I am sure you have plenty to offer your human companion in all other areas, I would just encourage you to encourage them to be in more of an open relationship if they are open to that so that they can have their needs met as well. If they are ok with you being in a zoo relationship there is no reason in the world why they should not be having their needs met as well. love transcends all things if we give it the freedom to do so.

I can kind of relate. Although my situation is a bit different. I had no attraction to humans until I met my partner. I went from no attraction to humans to having a attraction to only her. It was small at first, but it has grown over time.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I have a lot on my plate on top of struggling with this. I really think I'm losing interest in human partners and I think that I may end up being zoo exclusive. I've always had struggles with human partners. It's just been a bit more prevalent the more I find myself in the zoo community.

Back