Stereotype of a loner

Hmm...it's sort of like trying to find a job, especially after being fired or laid off. You send out dozens of applications. Most employers don't respond, but eventually you get an interview. You make it through the interview, but you don't get a job offer. You keep looking, you keep applying. Eventually you get a few more interviews, but most of them won't result in job offers. It can be discouraging, but you only need to get one. You keep at it until you're offered a job. The search can be frustrating, exhausting, discouraging, and depressing. You may be tempted to give up. Keep at it. Improve your resume and cover letter. Prepare for the interview. Send thank you notes after the interview. Follow-up, but don't make a nuisance of yourself, don't harass anyone. Learn when to quit and focus you energies elsewhere.
All true. As I said above about the other topic, that requires a persistent, concentrated and properly done effort. Doing it ENOUGH times, and doing it right, will work. Too many people look through the newspaper, don't see anything, then toss it aside, saying, "Well, that's it. There is nothing out there." That is senseless and lazy.

After reading the posts on this thread, I just want to say to everyone for whom this applies:
Being a loner does NOT make you a loser. Many people are loners by choice, and are far from being a loser.

Honestly, I am 100% the stereotype of a "loser" loner zoophile. The only mitigating factor is, I'm a woman, and not a tremendously ugly woman at that. But every other facet, I fit. I can't attach to people. I don't even have friends... I will NEVER trust them fully. And believe me, I have tried.. but again and again I'm shown that goodness and mercy only comes to me from animals and God. I was unceasingly abused my whole childhood, and that wound carries with me still. I suppose I'm a codependent, or that my "picker" is off and I should work on fixing it.. but why? I love dogs. I lost my virginity to a dog. They're not a consolation prize.. They love truly and fully and will never hurt me on purpose. Goodbye to ulterior motives. Goodbye to lies. Goodbye to not feeling good enough. I'll gladly "settle", if this is the joy I'm settling for.

Someday, I'd like to work with my therapist on getting a (human) friend. But that's all, just a friend. Someone probably also zoo-exclusive, who understands what we feel.
No. Being a loner does not make you a loser. Please remember that?

After reading the posts on this thread, I just want to say to everyone for whom this applies:
Being a loner does NOT make you a loser. Many people are loners by choice, and are far from being a loser.
Amen!
As anyone who follows an alternative or spiritual path knows well, often we are left with ourselves ... and that's fine ❤

Choice? Tell that to those of us whom have always had shitty hands of life dealt to us. Some of us don't choose to be loners, we just know we're god-awful at being human. I'm sure @saddlebum66 would gladly offer such testimony.

Choice? Tell that to those of us whom have always had shitty hands of life dealt to us. Some of us don't choose to be loners, we just know we're god-awful at being human. I'm sure @saddlebum66 would gladly offer such testimony.
You only partially understood what I said. I said many people make the choice of being alone. They WANT it that way. They like it. It works best for them. They don't WANT to have to share their life with anyone. That makes them happy. For all these reasons, they made the choice. Not everyone would or should make that choice.
Does that clear it up for you, or is there something else?

See my other reply to you.
Did you miss where I tried to reassure loners that they are not losers? I think you must have.

Been a loner for 7 years outside the fact I’m sleeping with a dog. Been the best time of my life so far. I’m mildly well off and in time more so down the line. You don’t live to please everyone and labels are just that, tags that are easily popped off.

pillar, old boy....do you ever know what youre talking about? It seem miraculous when anyone else does. If your life is problematic, Change it...or not....but give us all a break and quit whining.

Been a loner for 7 years outside the fact I’m sleeping with a dog. Been the best time of my life so far. I’m mildly well off and in time more so down the line. You don’t live to please everyone and labels are just that, tags that are easily popped off.
Boy
You don't please anyone unless you SUBMIT!

pillar, old boy....do you ever know what youre talking about? It seem miraculous when anyone else does. If your life is problematic, Change it...or not....but give us all a break and quit whining.
How do you change something you do not control?

You control it, dude....but you let it control you because a) youre here, and b) you gave in and gave up. Grow up, pull up your Captain Marvel underoos and get a Flipping life. No amount of external input is going to help....the problem is inside you, along with the answers.

You control it, dude....but you let it control you because a) youre here, and b) you gave in and gave up. Grow up, pull up your Captain Marvel underoos and get a Flipping life. No amount of external input is going to help....the problem is inside you, along with the answers.
What does internal control have to do with controlling the situation a person is in? That doesn't make any sense...

sometimes i wonder whatever his "i'm really stupid" is really just an elaborate act to get attention and/or responses or he really is just this stupid... we'll never know.
Regarding him, I'm torn between the two of those. Maybe a mixture of both.
I didn't used to think those about him.

You can tell when an unhappy person on the site really wants help. If they do, they will listen to your positive words, maybe ask a followup question or two, then thank you. I'm always happy to help out if possible.

The ones who don't want help at all, and in fact are happier without it, will spurn your kind, reassuring words to them, instead, coming back at you with more to top what they told you before, then doing that again, then again, then again.
I've never done this, but it makes me want to finally reply, "Okay! You win! "You're fucked up! Happy now?"
That's sounds mean, but it's exactly what such a person wants.

What does internal control have to do with controlling the situation a person is in? That doesn't make any sense...
If it doesnt make sense, then its in your alley, Pillar. Heres a comic book explanation for you. Superman does not freeze into permanent "Clark Kent" mode because the phone booth has disappeared. Alleys, Storerooms, Closets, rooftops all serve his purposes.

Mammals are problem solvers; thats WHY we have the big brain. Humans are the best of mammals, brainsize wise. Use it.

Jezuzzzz, dude....is krazygluing your zipper shut going to make you wet your pants?

If it doesnt make sense, then its in your alley, Pillar. Heres a comic book explanation for you. Superman does not freeze into permanent "Clark Kent" mode because the phone booth has disappeared. Alleys, Storerooms, Closets, rooftops all serve his purposes.

Mammals are problem solvers; thats WHY we have the big brain. Humans are the best of mammals, brainsize wise. Use it.

Jezuzzzz, dude....is krazygluing your zipper shut going to make you wet your pants?
You're making even less sense now, no one here has the ability to control anything outside of themselves. And changing anything about yourself does not change the external world, so what does trying to control anything accomplish?

You can tell when an unhappy person on the site really wants help. If they do, they will listen to your positive words, maybe ask a followup question or two, then thank you. I'm always happy to help out if possible.

The ones who don't want help at all, and in fact are happier without it, will spurn your kind, reassuring words to them, instead, coming back at you with more to top what they told you before, then doing that again, then again, then again.
I've never done this, but it makes me want to finally reply, "Okay! You win! "You're fucked up! Happy now?"
Call me stupid if you have to, but I don't comprehend what you're saying. It doesn't make sense to me...

I'm not looking for attention, I really just don't see how any type of self-change would result in anything different in reality...

You're making even less sense now, no one here has the ability to control anything outside of themselves. And changing anything about yourself does not change the external world, so what does trying to control anything accomplish?
Its not about absolute control.....its about controlling what you CAN control. Facing the world as an already-defeated wimp isnt going to help you one damn bit. Most people accept others at face value; if the value you place on yourself is low-to-none, no one else will plsce a higher value on you. Worthless is as Worthless does; valued members of society are exactly the same. You love your depression and you adore the attention you're getting here because of it. Find some help....you're wearing out your welcome.

Call me stupid if you have to, but I don't comprehend what you're saying. It doesn't make sense to me...
I'm not looking for attention, I really just don't see how any type of self-change would result in anything different in reality...

"don't see how any type of self-change would result in anything different in reality"
On the contrary, one can easily change what they think is their "reality" by making needed self-changes. Lots of parts of that so-called reality, hell yes, can be changed that way for the better. The reality parts you can't change?
They will then be much easier to deal with.

That said, this reality you think is reality? It isn't reality. It's something your brain has given to you so you'll be nice and comfy.
A corner of the brain does that. It's the same part of the brain which, when you're depressed, perceives that you need a rest, and causes you to be tired and sleepy so you'll take a nap and won't have to deal with the sad stuff. Seriously.

On the other hand, why am I wasting my time writing this? You couldn't care less about any of it.
Maybe someone else will benefit from it, because you decided long ago not to listen to things such as this.

Well said, Miz K....there ARE people who might read this and gain insight....given the person its directed to....its like writing on a wall....the wall gets not one thing from it except little chalk streaks when it rains....but those who have the power to see may well run with the words and find some betterment for themselves.

Sometimes that's the only thing they understand. My oldest sister was like that.

The only thing that got through to her was brutal and sometimes mean honesty.

I loved her dearly and I hated doing that but there were times when it was the only way to get through.

Sometimes that's the only thing they understand. My oldest sister was like that.
The only thing that got through to her was brutal and sometimes mean honesty.
I loved her dearly and I hated doing that but there were times when it was the only way to get through.
Yes, doing that feels pretty rough, but often, it's what it takes.

Back