Socks on paws?

Never used socks, sometimes I wish I have. I have been questioned about scratches left on my hips before. I have a few scars that are over ten years old.

Chasing the dog around and fighting with him to get the socks on, finding the end of the tape, trying to get the socks BACK on again, only for them to stay on for only a few minutes......kills the romance. She likes the scratches he gives her plus as he's getting older, he's calming down a lot 😉. Also, regular claw clipping especially the dew claws helps. Part of the price one pays to play.

I get it, but there are other ways to prevent claw marks or anything like that.

When I was super active, I usually wore a big t-shirt for one of the dogs since he scratched a lot. The other one didn't hurt me with his claws much at all.

But I'm weird and kinda like the pain they caused, really kept me in the headspace I needed.

In the vids I watch, it seems uncomfortable for the dog. Plus, socks on my partner is absolutely a turn off for me. Unless they’re lingerie socks, that is. If I really want to avoid scratches, I’ll wear something, but I prefer full nude sex. Skin-on-skin or fur-on-skin is a big turn on. Then again, I’m very much a nudist so it makes sense, I suppose.

I don't let the boys take me from behind, I prefer them in the other end. ;) Still, I have received scratches on my arms or the sides of my chest. I have used an old pull-over sweat shirt and it works fairly well. I try to keep the nails short and smooth.

It's mostly an issue in winter, when we walk and run less and the nails don't get as much wear on hard ground, rocks or pavement. Even in summer, though, the front dew claws are a problem as they don't get much wear. I have a small, battery operated (i. e. quiet) Dremel tool that I use to grind them smooth. It's necessary to do the grinding in short, quick strokes on the low speed setting to avoid heating up the nail excessively.

In the vids I watch, it seems uncomfortable for the dog. Plus, socks on my partner is absolutely a turn off for me. Unless they’re lingerie socks, that is. If I really want to avoid scratches, I’ll wear something, but I prefer full nude sex. Skin-on-skin or fur-on-skin is a big turn on. Then again, I’m very much a nudist so it makes sense, I suppose.
"fur-on-skin"..... Well said!

Never. Harry wears his claws down running around in the world and if he does scratch me, which is rare, I would never complain.

If you find "socks" that are actually made for dogs or just anything your dog is comfortable wearing I can't say I could see it as abusive to the dog or anything as some people seem to suggest, can't say I wear it myself, just keeping a long short on is enough to protect me.

I’m 50/50 scratches are attractive but socks are cheap insurance. When i see socks in videos it’s sort of distracting.

I had a male that mounted, once upon a time, putting socks on him was like trying to take teeth out of an unsedated child's face, just wasn't happening LOL.

People asked about the scratches, but it was easy to dismiss, as I was also into BDSM as a sub at the time exploring the science of pain

Do you use socks on your k9’s paws?
It would be up to you and the dog. Some dogs might be to distracted by the socks, then again if you need or want to avoid scratches it might be a training issue you have to figure out. Like most about with sex dog (animals) there is no best answer, it more case by case. I have mostly kept my dogs claws filed and rounded to lessen the chance of scratching his mate.

I don't know if it's been said here, but doggies sweat a lot through their paws. If it's really necessary to do it that's ok, but avoid it when you can, especially if the temperature is high. Imagine the torment if you are forced to wear a fleece sweater with a scorching sun.

I never use socks on Coopers paws, I tried at first but he never liked to have them on so I just stopped trying and I am happy we can do it more naturally anyhow.
Can’t agree more with “more naturally”! Isn’t that the way it’s supposed to be? I mean let’s face it, socks are only for human convenience, if you’re breeding with your mate it should be the full experience, even if that results in some “battle wounds”😉

Back