Should beastiality become more common in society?

Its a finite fraction of the population. The numbers will only grow proportionately. Just as well, because the mundanes are already scared. A jump of any significance in the numbers might be all the impetus they need to take actions against us.

I would like that all people would accept that there are ones who have a very strong relationship with animals, that also includes having sex with animals should be absolutely accepted and tolerated.

Always remember that there is a difference between someone really loving animals and someone who is just out to fuck animals.

I think it is already more prevalent than everyone thinks. It’s just so taboo that no one talks about it. When I started I didn’t even know it was a thing, and I kept it to myself.

Getting into my 20’s I realized there were communities such as this built around it. I would wager a large majority of people have experienced it and then either felt guilt about it and dropped it due to the stigma around it or just had one off encounters.

i think it should become more accepted. i don't think we should force people who wouldn't normally do bestiality to partake, but becoming legal would make more people act on their desires.

I think it is already more prevalent than everyone thinks. It’s just so taboo that no one talks about it. When I started I didn’t even know it was a thing, and I kept it to myself.

Getting into my 20’s I realized there were communities such as this built around it. I would wager a large majority of people have experienced it and then either felt guilt about it and dropped it due to the stigma around it or just had one off encounters.
Numbers dont change. We are a small minority however you add the numbers up.

IMO yes... I am ok if it stayed in some sort of underground and not totally mainstream, but also I wish it weren't such a taboo when admitting you're into it is like admitting you're a serial killer.

I think it should become legal. But if governments want it to stay illlegal then they should tell the main stream movie producers to stop portraying it in comedys, and other type of movies.

I think it certainly oughta be possible to discuss the topic more publicly without moral panic, ultimately however I'm not on board with a whole-hearted embracing, at least not for a long time. While anti-zoos are gravely misinformed about many things, their concern for animal well-being is very valid, and I would be lying if the pro-consent arguments one hears from the zoos themselves wouldn't be, at least to a degree, ideologically or self-interest charged rather than objectively reasoned.

Before any discussion about the society embracing human-animal sexual relations is begun I think what should precede is a broad and unbiased academic and scientific research on the topic, and indeed even prior to that a dismantling of culturally taboo subject matter such as zoophilia and bestiality as valid research questions. What both sides, zoos and antis alike, to a substantive degree are lacking at the moment is hard data and scientific evaluation, hence why the entire discussion hangs on moral and anecdotal arguments rather than on science or open ethical consideration. All the power to people like the owners of this forum who try to bind their positions on whatever research there is available, but it's not enough. Not nearly enough, and in the use of the currently existing papers there is also an uncomfortable element of justifying apriori positions regarding zoo relations with aposteriori evidence. Assuredly it's the best we got to formulate a pro-stance of some sort without falling back on the personal anecdotes but it's just that, a pro-stance that exists in spite of the scientific arguments it makes use of rather than because of them.

So yes, before all that comes to be I sit proudly on the fence. Before my mentioned points change to a reasonable degree I'd keep zoo relations as something one ought to approach from a personal angle, and with great ethical caution. I naturally wish that bestiality could and would be completely ethical yet as it stands at the moment I don't think the appropriateness of human animal sexual relationship should, or in fact even could, be decided on a collective normative level.

Last edited:
Acceptance would be great, but even whether we could go any further than decriminalisation... I fear the worst.

It would be naive to expect wider society suddenly to see the light, sing hallelujah and praise the dog because of a couple of reasons. Firstly, in these days of social media and 24/7 online presence, everybody should take note of everything everywhere all the time, and if you don't provide your (ill-)informed opinion on the matter, you will be castigated. Everybody has to be authentic, yet at the same time if you don't jump on the virtue bandwagon you will get crucified. Only by lashing out towards others you can present your own virtues, whatever you think those are. The result is that you have some very vocal groups, usually online, who simply sit in their trenches, indiscriminately throwing out their opinions and virtue-tolling as hand grenades into no-mans-land without even taking the effort to at least listen to what the other side has to say.

In addition, it's the hooligan principle all over again: between the small but very vocal groups on both sides of the argument, there will be a larger group that doesn't really have an opinion about anything. Yes, they might repeat something that has been spoon-fed to them, but there is a possibility they are not as vehemently condemning of zoosexuality as that vocal minority. Perhaps they will acknowledge the double standards within human-animal relations, or disconnect the abuse stigma from zoosexuality.

So yes, it is possible non-zoo people will change their mind on zoosexuality, but if this will happen and when this will happen very much depends on how zoosexuals behave and talk about the matter. Normally, people only hear about human-animal sexual interactions because of tress-passing and/or because something went horribly wrong and either the human or the animal ended up with injuries. Witnessing only such exploitation, people don't (want to) know about animal consent, about the differences between abuse and zoosexuality (while at the same time condoning the mass-slaughter of animals in abattoirs because that is not considered abusive or exploitation). Anyway, as long as there are people out there who claim to be zoosexuals or zoophiles while doing nothing but using and abusing animals, people will find justifications to reject any initiative towards the acceptance of zoosexuals.

If zoosexuals want more acceptance (to become more common), then they will have to clean out their own house first and show the world there's a difference between them and the abusers.

I don't think so. I like the taboo aspect, and also, we would get a lot of std, I think we're fine as we are.

Back