sexual behaviour in ewes, goats, llamas

S

satsuma

Anything that's vitally important to know about what gets a sheep, goat, or llama hot and bothered? In nature it often looks like the male just repeatedly harasses the female until they give in, and I would rather be more sympathetic towards any lovers than that!

Doe goats are only in heat for a short period of time, outside of that most aren't very interested in sex. Never been with a ewe but the same thing applies to them as well, in heat they are far more likely to be interested. Llamas don't have a heat cycle as they are forced ovulators, they either allow sex or not.

Someone with more experience with these than I may have more detailed information about getting them in the mood, my expertise is with equines.

Last edited:
Sexual behavior in sheep and goats:

Male: "Are you in heat yet? Smells like you might be! Can I fuck you?"
Female: "Not yet."
Male (6 seconds later): "Are you in heat yet? Smells like you might be! Can I fuck you?"
Male (4 seconds later): "Are you in heat yet? Smells like you might be! Can I fuck you?"
Male (10 seconds later): "Are you in heat yet? Smells like you might be! Can I fuck you?"

<wavery image with text overlay that reads "Four days later">

Female: "Getting closer, but still not yet."
Male (6 seconds later): "Are you in heat yet? Smells like you might be! Can I fuck you?"
Female: "Still no."
Male (3 seconds later): "Are you in heat yet? Smells like you might be! Can I fuck you?"
Female: "I think I MIGHT be..."
Male: "Lemme check! <mounts>"
Female: "Nope, sorry, false alarm. <scoots out from under male>"
Male (5 seconds later): "You gotta be in heat by now! Lemme try again! <mounts> <tries poking around>"
Female: "Still not there yet. <scoots away>"

etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, for hours, if not days, until finally...

Female "Not sure - let's tr... Eep!"
Male: "<Mounts and starts frantically searching for the hole>"
Female: "Hey! That's not it! Lower, you idiot! <scoots out from under>"
Male (10 seconds later): "OK, lemme try again, I'll get it right this time! <mounts> <finds hole> <THRUST> <squirt> <dismount>"
Female: "Is that it?"
Male: "Huh? What you talkin' 'bout? Oh, hey, are you still in heat? Smells like you might be. Can I fuck you?"
Female: "If you must..."
Male: "<Mount> <Seek> <Enter> <THRUST> <squirt> <dismount>"
Female: "<nibbles a leaf> Not very impressive..."
Male (5 minutes later): "Hey, are you still in heat? Smells like you might be. Can I fuck you?"
Female: "Whatev... Eep!"
Male: "<Mount> <Seek> <Enter> <THRUST> <squirt> <dismount>"
Female: "Didn't I just see a nice blade of grass over there?"
Male (5 minutes later): "Hey, are you still in heat? Smells like you might be. Can I fuck you?"
<lather, rinse, repeat for the next day or so>

Haha, ah ok. Thank you both.
I guess is there any particular way to rub or contact them that'll pleasure them, or give them a hint? It'd be better than a human doing the same as a ram and repeatedly attempting to mount the female lol
I'm thinking/hoping human sensitivity could treat lover-livestock more compassionately than males of the same species, and they'd warm up to that more.

Back