Safe lubricant on F:Dog

IHeartDogs

Lurker
im trying to find the best lubricant I can use to help keep my Husky girl slippery and happy with the least amount of chance for Allergenic reaction and infection. some of the Hypoallergenic Water based lubricant i find is Aloe Vera Based and i cant find anywhere if that is safe for Doggos ( kinda Hard to google that). Please let me know what you guys have been using with your girls, i just want to be safe and keep her happy

I usually just use AstroGlide with my girl. It's not cheap, and there are other cheaper options like J-Lube. But AstroGlide is easily obtainable through most local drug stores and one bottle will normally last me 3-4 weeks. You'll want to ensure that any lube you choose has "Water" or even better "Purified Water" as the first ingredient. Whatever you do, stay away from petroleum based lubes.

I hear that rashes and other similar reactions can potentially occur from water-based lubes, but from what I understand it is uncommon. As long as your girl has a healthy immune system, most doggy girls are good at self regulating their vaginas.

I would recommended J lube since its veterinarian grade, it would be the safest route, you can either get the powder (you add water) or the pre made liquid in a bottle, both are reasonably priced and can be ordered on amazon

I work in the medical field so I have almost infinite access to medical grade stuff. I believe medline makes it. Works wonderfully. Thick but displaces very well.

i never really looked at brands, just whatever it is water-based and never had an issue. gotta admit that lately we use nothing but my saliva, she enjoys me going down on her very much and i like that too

got a bit of a follow-up question tho: does lube "go bad"? i have a small leftover in a bottle i pretty much only used with the boy and he's.. well, not around anymore. i opened it in february. do i just throw it away to be safe?

I work in the medical field so I have almost infinite access to medical grade stuff. I believe medline makes it. Works wonderfully. Thick but displaces very well.

So where would I get the stuff u have access to. And could you post or send me a picture of the stuff you use so I can try to get some

So where would I get the stuff u have access to. And could you post or send me a picture of the stuff you use so I can try to get some
I’m not sure if you can out right. What I have access too comes from a medical supplier. If I can I will look it up for you if it’s available to general public.

Water based lube is what you should go with.

I use K-lube, supposed to be the same as J-lube minus a deadly event if it gets in your body cavity. Polyethylene Oxide in K-Lube vs. polyethylene polymer as far as I can tell.

The base of all water-based lubricants is identical to a water-based ultrasonic neutral gel. Veterinary lubricants for use are essentially the same. What is the first, that the second position is the most neutral and cheap.

Guys, I don't get why people buy lube, just add water and starch to a pot and stir until it boils, bam you just got 1l of super cheap lube. Of course it should be used within 2 days of being made, but it costs practically nothing and there basically no chance that your k9 will get allergies from it.

Guys, I don't get why people buy lube, just add water and starch to a pot and stir until it boils, bam you just got 1l of super cheap lube. Of course it should be used within 2 days of being made, but it costs practically nothing and there basically no chance that your k9 will get allergies from it.
I kind of do not think it is safe to use.

I kind of do not think it is safe to use.
It's something I had to look up for myself, as I thought the same thing. It turns out that cornstarch boiled in water is a harmless quick and cheap lube alternative. It's safe to use with humans, and it might be safe to use with female dogs as well. Unfortunately, whether or not it's safe with dogs is not something you can exactly search for. But it's not something I intend on trying myself. I'm just going to stick with the stuff I can buy at a drugstore.

I've tried using the stuff from Bad-Dragon, it's water-based. Though hearing no one else suggest that makes me nervous if it's still safe. I don't use it as often anymore, on account of not really having much success going beyond my hand/tongue with my girl.

You can get a gallon jug of "Veterinary Obstetric Lubricant" (under various - or none at all - brand names) for usually about 15-20 bucks from just about any decently stocked livestock/feed/vet-supply operation, either online, or B&M. Usually (not always - usually) labeled as sterile until opened, pH neutral, non-spermicidal, safe in mouth (though why anyone would want to put it there, other than perhaps as a "side-effect" of deciding to lick/suck something it's been applied to is a concept that's beyond me) anus and vagina, slightly sweet-ish, usually with a hint of a generic "chemical overtone" flavor, unscented - Basically, "no frills, but makes things slicker than snot on a doorknob without being significantly toxic/allergenic" K-Y equivalent goop that'll do everything required. (and unless you're over-applying it to the point of ludicrous - a *VERY* little goes a *LONG* way - that lone gallon jug is likely to last you for literally YEARS)

[QUOTE = "SilverServal, publicación: 544970, miembro: 20002"]
Intenté usar el material de Bad-Dragon, es a base de agua. Aunque no escuchar a nadie más sugerir, me pone nervioso si todavía es seguro. Ya no lo uso tan a menudo, debido a que realmente no tengo mucho éxito yendo más allá de mi mano / lengua con mi chica.
[/CITA]
Probaste pasarle el miembro bien bien lubricado por su exterior, luego de juegos previos pero sin tocarle la vulva ?

im trying to find the best lubricant I can use to help keep my Husky girl slippery and happy with the least amount of chance for Allergenic reaction and infection. some of the Hypoallergenic Water based lubricant i find is Aloe Vera Based and i cant find anywhere if that is safe for Doggos ( kinda Hard to google that). Please let me know what you guys have been using with your girls, i just want to be safe and keep her happy
Its called hot sauce and you put it on your cock and rub it in.

Water based lube is what you should go with.
I use K-lube, supposed to be the same as J-lube minus a deadly event if it gets in your body cavity. Polyethylene Oxide in K-Lube vs. polyethylene polymer as far as I can tell.

That is unfortunately not quite true. Concerning potential death if you get it into the abdominal cavity: All lubricants will do that. In fact a glass of tap water would do the same - that space is designated for your organs only.

As for J vs. K: The actual lubricating agent is different in name only, J-Lube is just more specific what kind of polymer it is. There may be a difference in additional ingredients, some sources claim that K-Lube contains a preserving agent. My recommendation would be X-Lube which contains only the lubricant and nothing else - this is important for contact with females of all species as J-Lube contains sucrose as a dispersing agent for easier mixing. [I do not know if K-Lube contains any.] Since this is a form of sugar it generates great conditions for yeast infections that I'm sure we'd all like to avoid both for our as well as our partners' sake. [That also means X-Lube is 4 times as effective with the same amount of dry lube!]

does any of these ingredients harm dog ? Aqua, Propylene glycol, Glycerin, Carbomer, Xanthan gum, Sodium hydroxide, Benzoic acid, Citric acid

Aqua: A trendy way to say "water" (might be spelled agua, depending on where the product is being sold.)

Propylene Glycol: Commonly used human-grade food ingredient. Harmless, though if you slurp down enough (LOTS) of it, you might get a transient case of the drizzling shits.

Glycerin: About as harmful as water, but a lot slicker. Like Propylene glycol, swallow enough (meaning "lots") and it could give you the runs for a day or two.

Carbomer: Depends on exactly which one - there are several. None are likely to be a problem.

Xanthan Gum: Another commonly used human-grade food ingredient. Thickener. Makes something more like lotion than like water. Eat a boatload of it, and depending on your personal quirks, it might plug you up for a day or two, or it might give you the runs.

Sodium Hydroxide AKA "lye": When concentrated, EXTREMELY corrosive. Very basic. WIll eat through skin. In small quantities, or diluted in water or other solution, very useful for bringing the pH of an acidic compound toward neutral. Usually used for exactly that purpose: to make something acidic not so acidic as it started out being.

Benzoic acid: A fairly mild acid often often used as a preservative, pH balancer, or both. Not "pleasant" to eat on its own, but with other ingredients, useful for several purposes. If in concentrated form, COULD cause chemical burns, but it would have to be VERY concentrated. Usually appears in amounts that barely qualify as being there at all. Generally harmless unless present in lab-grade purity/concentration.

Citric acid: AKA "Vitamin C". Added to foods for nutritional value, often used in "other stuff" for pH adjustment. When concentrated, very bad news. Think battery acid. As normally used in foods, toiletries, cosmetics or lube, the concentration and amount is normally so low as to be barely detectable. Acts as an anti-oxidant/preservative. (if you add some to butter, ferinstance, you can store the butter for ages without it going rancid, and never notice anything odd (beyond the butter not going rancid) about it)

Short form: None of what you list is a hazard, except the sodium hydroxide and acids, and those only when in *MUCH* higher concentrations and amounts than you'll likely ever encounter them outside of a laboratory. Most, if not all, products that use them do so at such low levels that you'd need a full-blown chemical analysis to know they were present at all, never mind be harmed (or cause harm) when using the product.

Can't speak to its dog safety, but there's Surgilube. Amazon has it in bulk-packs of small single-use packets. They also make a version with a bacteriostatic chemical in it to prevent infections.

Back