Sad Bastard Club

Walking in it takes a moment, for like all good bars, lights are not bright. The brightest things in a bar should be the faces of friends! At Sad Bastard’s, that’s what you get.

Agreed. I haven't been any further than 10 miles away from my house since the start of the pandemic :confused:
I might have liked that. I’ve worked damn near every day, no “hazard pay” no bonuses, no different than before. Caught the wee bugger twice, got my shot months after released because “not essential” and the stupid gov. screw up been fighting off/on 40 years on bad birth certificate recording,
But… bills to pay, food for tables, asshats needing to eat their teeth, junkies causing mayhem, people who still feel fear being terrorized. So, eh. Worked.

I might have liked that. I’ve worked damn near every day, no “hazard pay” no bonuses, no different than before. Caught the wee bugger twice, got my shot months after released because “not essential” and the stupid gov. screw up been fighting off/on 40 years on bad birth certificate recording,
But… bills to pay, food for tables, asshats needing to eat their teeth, junkies causing mayhem, people who still feel fear being terrorized. So, eh. Worked.
Twice? Yikes! 8 of my family members and a close family friend got it. The family friend was the only one hospitalized though. He also got it twice (and was hospitalized BOTH times). He's overweight and probably has high blood pressure so not a huge surprise. I got my shot back in May. And same here... no hazard pay. I never quit my job and have been there for 3 years so far. I did get a raise but that's only because my boss see's I'm a reliable worker and am rarely sick. Had nothing to do with the virus (at least I don't think it did).

4B191864-CFD5-48C9-A91D-94D130E24448.gif
Ferny McDuff was universally the most Ignored, unseen, not forgotten for to be forgotten one must first be seen, unrecognized, unappreciated, unremarkable lonely creature on two legs in all of the Town. Nobody knew his name, nobody knew where he lived and nobody cared. He walked into the Sad Badtard ordered a whiskey, neat, paid his bill with cash and sighed deeply. Nancy “Hot Pants” Fancy was drying glasses and looked over “How’s the walking today, Ferny?” The sound of her voice, using his name, seeing him, was the sole reason he drank at Sad Bastard’s. He had never told her his name. No one in the state had been told, who, where from, why or how he walked these lanes. But. Here? Nancy? Sad Bastards? such foolishness was unnecessary. It, they, knew.

This place has a pub, AND NOBODY FUCKING TOLD ME?!

I used to have a regular forum, with a regular pub. Actually, it was a coffee shop full of moral philosophers and science fiction writers, but they had a liquor licence, so it was all good. 'til the entire internet changed and everybody stopped visiting.

*sigh*

Gimme a cider. No, make it whiskey. Actually, vodka. Fuck it, give me medical-grade ethanol. I don't really care today.

FB5D59BE-1510-49D8-B91F-38183756BBE3.jpeg
Tyree had passed the old building so often, so numbly it could possibly have sprouted wings and he might not have known. It was late, 3am. It was HOT, breezeless, he sure he could just hear the moisture in the air hiss touching the concrete. Approaching the corner he could hear laughter, far off true, but distinctly laughter. Someone was playing a piano. It was more than a house party, high up tho, like the third floor. When your walking, just walking, walking through life? Well. It does things. Yearnings, envy, needs, those things become truly, truly become. He glanced in the open door knowing this couldn’t be it. It was abandoned, old, the piano built into the bannister literally…the word was decrepit. But there were prints in the dust. Tyree breathed deep “Ok Sad Bastard. Here I come”.

Back