Real-life acquaintances on ZV

TheSeeker

Citizen of Zooville
I haven’t been on here very long and still shy about writing anything that could betray my identity, then I thought well, if someone I know found me out they would have to had been on here themselves so I wondered:
Have any of you eve encountered a user on this forum (or other similar forum) who turned out to be a real-life acquaintance??

I have not. Fyi the personal info thingy is less about people whom you know finding out and more about blackmail artists being able to put an identity on you and hold you to ransom etc

I know a few people here whom I have known from before. But personal stuff should not be taken lightly here.
Read this:

There is a lot you can write on the site without betraying your identity. Naturally, you wouldn't include any personal info about yourself or your location, and there would be no reason to.
If I came across someone on the site I knew in real life, there is no way I would say anything to them on here,
nor would I say anything to them offline upon running into them. What's to be gained from that? Absolutely nothing.

I would think the odds of knowing someone into the lifestyle here are very low. As Seeker said " if someone I know found me out they would have to had been on here themselves".

I would think the odds of knowing someone into the lifestyle here are very low. As Seeker said " if someone I know found me out they would have to had been on here themselves".
We can never write it off as impossible, but, you're right, very low indeed. It would be quite an encounter if anything was said:
"Oh hi...didn't I just see you...um..."
"No. No you didn't...you really didn't..."
"Uh, yeah...you're right..."
Then, they both try to get small and walk off in different directions.

We can never write it off as impossible, but, you're right, very low indeed. It would be quite an encounter if anything was said:
"Oh hi...didn't I just see you...um..."
"No. No you didn't...you really didn't..."
"Uh, yeah...you're right..."
Then, they both try to get small and walk off in different directions.
I had a similar discussion with a guy I met through a fisting site once years ago. At the time I also had a couple self fisting and dildo videos on xtube. He mentioned to me that my face was visible in one of the videos and I just said "well, the odds of anyone I know seeing it are incredibly low, and even if they did '...so you're saying you watch gay fisting videos?'."

I had a similar discussion with a guy I met through a fisting site once years ago. At the time I also had a couple self fisting and dildo videos on xtube. He mentioned to me that my face was visible in one of the videos and I just said "well, the odds of anyone I know seeing it are incredibly low, and even if they did '...so you're saying you watch gay fisting videos?'."
Funny! Yes, a very good thing to say if that happens.

I know a few people here whom I have known from before. But personal stuff should not be taken lightly here.
Read this:
I did see that, thank you.

The thing that I worry most about giving me away would be sometime simple like a particular phrase or expression somewhat unique to me (e.g. ‘rare as hen’s teeth) but yeah, the odds of someone I know being that perceptive let alone actually finding my profile amidst the some 50k people on here are infanticidal (now I did it again lol).

The thing that I worry most about giving me away would be sometime simple like a particular phrase or expression somewhat unique to me (e.g. ‘rare as hen’s teeth) but yeah, the odds of someone I know being that perceptive let alone actually finding my profile amidst the some 50k people on here are infanticidal (now I did it again lol).
Well if that's what you want to fear then it's best not to post anything anywhere. There's AI that can be used to identify individuals by analyzing writing patterns. It's still mostly only good for those with large volumes of published works that the AI can learn their patterns from, but with the high volume of writing most people do across various social media and chat apps it's getting better every day.

Well if that's what you want to fear then it's best not to post anything anywhere. There's AI that can be used to identify individuals by analyzing writing patterns. It's still mostly only good for those with large volumes of published works that the AI can learn their patterns from, but with the high volume of writing most people do across various social media and chat apps it's getting better every day.
Little bit of fear, little bit of thrill but I’m definitely not gonna let that sliver of a possibility keep me off of this site.
Has that type of tech actually been used on a site like this that you know of?

Has that type of tech actually been used on a site like this that you know of?
I think at this point it's mostly been used to help identify if an unknown piece of writing was made by a particular writer. They feed it large samples of works known to have been written by the person in question, then feed it an unknown work and it can give a probability if it matches the style of any of its trained known writers. So in the future it could potentially be used by police in investigations where they need to tie an anonymously written thing to a suspect. They feed it things known to have been written by the suspect then feed it the unknown to see if it is a probable match.

I think at this point it's mostly been used to help identify if an unknown piece of writing was made by a particular writer. They feed it large samples of works known to have been written by the person in question, then feed it an unknown work and it can give a probability if it matches the style of any of its trained known writers. So in the future it could potentially be used by police in investigations where they need to tie an anonymously written thing to a suspect. They feed it things known to have been written by the suspect then feed it the unknown to see if it is a probable match.
Good thing I’m not a criminal because I do love to write! Btw I will soon be posting some writing in the stories

Read this:
Does anyone else think that the fact they think that many of us are rednecks kind of insulting? A Zoo could be standing right next to you and you would not even know it.

Does anyone else think that the fact they think that many of us are rednecks kind of insulting? A Zoo could be standing right next to you and you would not even know it.
Yes and no, I consider myself a hip-neck (hippie/redneck hybrid) so I suppose they’re not too far off in my case ?
But the implication of ignorance is definitely insulting.

Yes and no, I consider myself a hip-neck (hippie/redneck hybrid) so I suppose they’re not too far off in my case ?
But the implication of ignorance is definitely insulting.
There is nothing wrong with that. I grew up in a redneck environment, and I became an educated intellectual. I do have a certain blue collar outlook on life but my mind ponders much deeper things. I have met many rednecks who were intelligent or creative people, and I have met many who fit into the stereotype. However, to see such blatant stereotypes being used to manipulate us is revolting.

Yes.....and though I spent some time talking in a chat with him, I never knew whom it was until several years later, when he asked me about a particular person from that chat in a public face-to face setting. I was shocked, to say the least.

Yes.....and though I spent some time talking in a chat with him, I never knew whom it was until several years later, when he asked me about a particular person from that chat in a public face-to face setting. I was shocked, to say the least.
I’d actually love it if that happened to me. I wish there were more of us out there and that we could be open about our attractions. I really think zoo is the best way to be.

Best way or not there are people out there. Sometimes you have to risk it. Plenty of people here to start with

Last edited:
So what else is new? I wear a Stetson or Resistol every day of my life, and I own and wear any of a dozen pairs of boots. But here in this "community" people assume I do horses, or they do me. Insulting? Yes. Physicians, heal thyselves.... first.

Last edited:
Back