Random stupid facts!

AngryGoose

Citizen of Zooville
BANNED USER
I like random facts especially if they're stupid af and I'm looking for more to add to my mental collection...

For example, the word "henge" comes from stone henge but by definition stone henge actually isn't a henge even though it's the reason we have that word...

Tbf any fact will satisfy me but bonus points if it's rediculous and makes me question the intelegence of our species

I like random facts especially if they're stupid af and I'm looking for more to add to my mental collection...

For example, the word "henge" comes from stone henge but by definition stone henge actually isn't a henge even though it's the reason we have that word...

Tbf any fact will satisfy me but bonus points if it's rediculous and makes me question the intelegence of our species
Actually, the word Henge is a vert very old word for " Hang".....The Henge in Salisbury is known in Gaelic languages as "The Hanging Stones"

Well... Since we're on the topic of rape for some reason, if you're in the United States you can often find flowers without leaves. It's pretty much just a stem and a flower.

This flowered plant is actually a parasitic plant. Their seeds will lie dormant in the ground for years until an unlucky tree grows its roots near the seeds. The seeds will then sprout and immediately leach nutrients from the tree's root. Who needs leaves if you can just steal your nutrients from others.

What is this plant called?

Drumroll please...

"Broomrape."

1680139948600.png

Back