Question of animal-human attraction

505fpmf

Lurker
I see many things online saying animals are not attracted to humans sexually or anything, but in all videos I've seen of animals fucking humans, they all seem to be very aroused by their human companion. So can animals be attracted to humans/find humans attractive or not?

No, most animals with the exception of apes and maybe doplhins are not sexually attracted to humans.
They use us as a convenient way for masturbation because sex feels nice.
Sexual attraction is a different thing. Nearly all animals are naturally sexually attracted to their own species and if given chance, will prefer a partner of their own species instead of a human.

No, most animals with the exception of apes and maybe doplhins are not sexually attracted to humans.
They use us as a convenient way for masturbation because sex feels nice.
Sexual attraction is a different thing. Nearly all animals are naturally sexually attracted to their own species and if given chance, will prefer a partner of their own species instead of a human.
That’s why I want to come back as a breeding mare.

The easiest way to tell the difference between sexual attraction and sexual arousal is; does the animal pursue you for sex? or are they responding to you pursuing them for sex? If the animal is pursuing you for sex (eg Dolphins, Apes) then it is sexual attraction. If they are simply getting in the mood due to you pursuing them for sex (eg offering your genitals, touching their genitals) then it is sexual arousal.
Yes there have been cases of Horses and Dogs pursuing humans for sex but this is usually when they are in estreus (on heat) where they are desperately horny and looking for sex, its a bit unfair to say they are truly attracted to you when their minds are clouded with the desperate need to fuck. Other cases (such as dogs humping your leg and aggressively trying to get into your panties) its because they like sex and have learnt how to get it from you, which is another type of sexual arousal.
Not to say sex triggered by sexual arousal is any worse than sexual attraction. Casual sex is a very common thing in every animal species.

I honestly think more research would have to be done to answer this accurately.

I have read the responses above, and my experiences show that there may indeed be some kind of attraction on their part without pursuit on the part of the human.

What I have seen was in a male dog with no prior human sexual interactions in any way.

My general rule is if I cannot absolutely prove something, then anything you cannot absolutely disprove should remain on the table as a possibility.

Just based on my experience, I'd say sexual attraction is questionable, but I'd be more inclined to agree with Pes.

My mates will both pursue me and initiate sexual events, but I'm not sure that's as much attraction, as much as it's "we did it, they liked it, it felt good, do it again".

Honestly to me the only difference between a belly rub request and a sex request is 1) how they ask and 2) how I reply.

The dumbed down, generalizing summary is that the concept of "attraction" is vastly different for animals and humans. Animal sensual experiences differ because of their different sensory apparatus, so they're often more driven by e.g. smells rather than looks. Their standards for what we consider aesthetics are also presumably vastly different than ours. Animals don't seem to have a sexual taboo in the sense that humans do, so they don't experience the "forbidden fruit effect" either. Hypothetically consider that a dog might prefer an unwashed homeless guy to a supermodel, possibly because his smell is so strong?

But "animals" is too wide, so let's narrow it down to horses. Some good points are mentioned in this thread:
A stallion getting a whiff of a mare's pheromone soaked juices, regardless of whether a mare is present or not, will get him bothered and drop a boner; consider this nature's cheat code for arousal. A stallion can also get a boner by manual stimulation. A stallion is likely to also get a boner around a human he's friendly and comfortable with, but this is more complicated - they don't generally associate humans with sex, possibly because the thought doesn't even cross their mind in the first place - there are no cheat codes to show them the way like with mares. But they can learn to grow comfortable and friendly with humans, and subsequently also associate human contact with pleasure by experience/imprinting.

I'd disagree that animal-human sexual attraction cannot exist, although yes I'd agree that most partnerships are solely due to physical stimulation.
Although it is extremely difficult to separate out what could be 'true' attraction and what is just physical arousal. Certainly some animal social behaviors could be confused with attraction. Like a mare in heat flagging her owner which could just be a display of dominance behavior for example.
More than likely though what statistics exist for human in terms of sexual attraction could hypothetically be extrapolated to animals. In the sense only a small percentage (ie. 8-10%) would actually find other species attractive without physical stimulation. Even in apes and dolphins it's probably a small subset of the population which would display any sexual attraction to a human/another species.

I'd disagree that animal-human sexual attraction cannot exist, although yes I'd agree that most partnerships are solely due to physical stimulation.
Although it is extremely difficult to separate out what could be 'true' attraction and what is just physical arousal. Certainly some animal social behaviors could be confused with attraction. Like a mare in heat flagging her owner which could just be a display of dominance behavior for example.
More than likely though what statistics exist for human in terms of sexual attraction could hypothetically be extrapolated to animals. In the sense only a small percentage (ie. 8-10%) would actually find other species attractive without physical stimulation. Even in apes and dolphins it's probably a small subset of the population which would display any sexual attraction to a human/another species.
The only thing I would add to that is animals don't have the sense of taboo that we do, and that sense of taboo is what keeps us from getting an accurate count on the human side.

I would think maybe if done the other way around. In other words try to get a baseline on the animal side, and extrapolate that to the human side.

There's got to be a percentage that knows they're attracted but won't admit it, and another percentage still, that has never even considered it due to the whole taboo thing, but would act upon or at least realize it had the been raised in a culture where it was accepted.

There's several things to consider here.

For many here, just due to our own nature and habits, can be a bit biased. I'm not saying this in a bad way at all, but the reality is we know short cuts that aren't bad, but yes, do involve some kind of sexual, physical stimulus.

On the other hand, I have seen a male k9 exhibit sexual interest in a human female with the k9 having no previous human sexual encounters previously, and no physical sexual stimulus either.

Long story short, he was watching me and my wife do our thing and tried to join in the fun, so I can only conclude that he knew exactly what was going on, and got aroused just by the act of witnessing our interactions.

Many here also know that playing gets them excited, although reading what some others have written on the subject tends to make me believe that they don't fully understand. They would seem to believe that the play gets them wound up, and then the "tone" of the play is directed to something sexual by some sexual contact, hence the shortcut mentioned earlier.

My experience has been that the play will organically progress to being sexual. If you watch them with their own kind, this is exactly what happens.

After enough play, they WILL in most cases turn it in a sexual direction provided that the natural behavior hasn't been trained out of them. What most don't recognize is how soon they begin doing this because of how subtle it is.

One of the opening moves is throwing a paw over the other and seeing the response. If this is met with more play, they see this as a sign to progress. The whole thing is a "courtship" of sorts.

Sometimes the female will make him work for it, by putting up some resistance, but still playing.

If she really means "no", the play stops and she gets quite a bit more violent.

Many people have rolled on the floor, playing with a dog, and had no clue the dog was sending sexual signals until the dog attempted to mount!

They were just playing and not even realizing that they were sending signals that the dog was taking to be signs of sexual interest.

To me, there's no doubt that there can be sexual interests on their part in humans and even other species, but I believe that the interest is governed by the initial relationship. If they are taught to be subordinate, you may never see them initiate anything. On the other hand, I've always encouraged them to do their own thing, and as such, have had them initiate all on their own.

If no previous sexual contact has happened, it's been my experience that they will stretch the courtship out and test things little by little. First throwing a paw over in a playful manner, andbthen just jumping off and continuing to play, if they get away with that, they may keep the paw over for a bit longer.

This sort of thing can continue for days, or even weeks. But rest assured they CAN and in many cases ARE the ones to take things further.

At any rate, I will argue with anyone that wants to try to state that they won't initiate without some kind of physical sexual encouragement like stroking them.

They absolutely will! And in my opinion is the best route to take, albeit more time consuming.

Dogs can be picky when it comes to their mates, but I think sexual attraction probably has a lot more to do with body language and pheromones for dogs than what attraction is and feels for us. I'm not so sure that this one's as simple as your post. My partner's behavior is very different when he asks for sex compared to when he's just asking for a belly rub, or even food... there's for sure a real desire there that I can feel. I definitely have more questions about this topic than what people have answers to.

You did see the part at the end of the post where I say the difference between requests? and #1 is "how they ask"? Like my girl doesn't continue trying to reach my dick if she just wants a scratch.

I never said they don't know the difference or how to ask for sex. I'm just saying it's not necessarily sexual attraction as much as it's "I like this and want more, and you're my person"

I would say sexual attraction for the most part is based the environment you grew up in so while someone in Japan might find a particular clothing style to be sexy, someone in America might not and end up thinking it's hideous. I think the same applies to other mammals as well, where some dogs might think humans are sexually attractive others might not care and would prefer a canine.
Interesting. I kinda get that same effect looking at clothing fads over the years, but in retrospect, I've been noticing attractive animals for much longer than I've actually been doing anything with them.

The way i wrote that made it seem like the example i provided was important but it doesn't matter what i used for that example. What i meant was that the environment we grow up in can change our sexual attraction. For example many zoo's grew up with dog's or horse's and tend to be attracted to what they grew up with. I think it's a similar situation for dog's,horse's etc where if dog/horse grew up in a environment with humans there's a higher likely hood that they will hold some sexual attraction to humans. I may be completely wrong and there definitely need's to be more research into this but that's my theory
I think there's something to that, but I would think that the proximity to animals is actually triggering a genetic mechanism that is already there.

It does seem possible that could be the case. after all canines most likely did play a part in evolution when it come's to hunting so it wouldn't be that far of a stretch for sex to be a part of that history
Exactly. I really believe there are a lot of early humans that owe their lives to k9s, and early k9s that owe their lives to humans.

I think if you went back to say the ice age, or even before, that it would have been difficult to find a group of humans without k9s.

Not to mention how they may have helped us survive back then just keeping us warm.

These days we see them as pets as far as society is concerned, but back then, I would have to think that they were viewed with much more reverence as I'm positive that there was a time that we were integral to each other's survival.

An interesting thing to note is neanderthals were considered pretty close to humans. So close we cross breed at one point. And the reason I'm talking about neanderthals is that humans had a close relationship with canines, neanderthal's did not. And well only one of us is here today...
I never knew that as far as Neanderthals and k9s. Would certainly suggest humans had an edge that went further than just their brains

Yknow, this is kinda why i like fish, and coyotes.

Zoo romance can go pretty deep.
Fish don't really form mate bonds on the basis of sexual pleasure, their bodies even make such impossible.
Yeah, i find them genuinely hot, and fantasy sex with a giant marlin in is fun, but, irl, it's their bonding that gets me.

One species, mahi-mahi, mate for life, and form bonds so close that, even when one is caught, their mate will refuse to leave the area, desperately hoping the being they've spent their lives with may yet come back. Fishermen, unfortunately, exploit this to double their catch.

Coyotes end up doing a similar thing. In more natural circumstances, without hunting pressure, coyotes turn to monogamy as populations stabilize. They pair up, for life. Mating occurs only once a year, but for the rest of the time, they're ride or die. They hunt together, explore together, and think together.
If one does eventually pass due to human actions, such as trapping, the other seems to mourn and even seek revenge. Coyotes who lost mates due to traps make a point of finding traps wherever they can, figuring out ways to disable them, and then they defecate. Right on the trap they disabled.

As for forming relationships with humans, things get a bit tricky when it comes to finding examples.
With fish, examples are vanishingly rare, due to humanity's general attitude towards fish. We see them as dumb things, barely worthy of being called animals. We deny their ability to even feel pain or emotion, and as a result, a relationship with them... is almost never tried. There are cases of divers forming a relationship with a fish, having them come back again and again, but these stories a bit harder to decipher.
I will make a whole post about it someday.

Coyotes...
Well there is one example i know of. Coyote monogamy is triggered by specific circumstances. Some complicated combo of lack of pressure, territory claims, and nearby packs... No matter the cause, we don't see it much in captivity, but one formerly famous coyote, Dakota, seems to have formed such bond with his rehabber.
Unfortunately, there isn't much to go off. Due to, shockingly credible, death threats, Dakota is kept hidden on some other part of their sanctuary, and can't even really be mentioned anymore.
But from what his caretakers could tell us back in the day, is that he has formed a shockingly tight bond with his rehabber. No one else can approach his case without much complaint, and he only ever comes to trust other females, IE, ones he knows wouldn't take his mate.
It ain't much, but it does seem like a classic coyote pair bond, only with a human. A relationship built partially off attraction.

I agree that with some animals, such as dogs, their desire may be related only to assisted masturbation, just sexual pleasure... But there are many species out there that transcend this and can form these mate bond with, attraction to, humans.

Now this is interesting. Birds totally can become sexually attracted to their owners.
I do wonder if this extends towards turkeys. I was never that lucky, but we did grow close during our time together.

They are indeed aroused, because what they're doing feels good, and humans are pretty good at this sex thing compared to other animals lol. But no, they're not attracted to us in the same way they'd be attracted to a mate of their own species. They still love us and cherish us, but that's different.

Back