Post the last image / clip you saved

Does anyone know what the fuck it is?
As I recall, someone tried to "movie-ize" an old (early 1900s) and unproven story about a russian girl who was supposedly found after we-can-only-guess-how-long living with wolves. Can't remember exact details, but I'm wanting to say that she was estimated to be 19 or 20 when she was found, and showed almost no signs of any comprehension that she was human. Some variants claim she was actually the missing-presumed-killed daughter of the last Czar (I forget her name - was it Anastasia?) who vanished at the same time her parents and the rest of her family were killed during the revolution - speculation says that somebody in the "kill squad" took pity on her, and instead of killing her outright, dumped her in the forest expecting her to die. The smallpox vax scar we can see on her shoulder in one part of this clip tells me that it isn't ACTUALLY the girl involved (the original story came to light before movies started talking, let alone being in color - and forget widespread smallpox vaccination) but the "behavior", if you can call it that, looks like a fairly good portrayal of the written reports on trying to "humanize" the girl after she was found and returned to this adorable mess we refer to as civilization.

Edit - That damned "missing-resumed-killed" typo was driving me batshit. I feel MUCH better now that I "took a p" - and placed it where it was supposed to be in the first place)

Last edited:
As I recall, someone tried to "movie-ize" an old (early 1900s) and unproven story about a russian girl who was supposedly found after we-can-only-guess-how-long living with wolves. Can't remember exact details, but I'm wanting to say that she was estimated to be 19 or 20 when she was found, and showed almost no signs of any comprehension that she was human. Some variants claim she was actually the missing-resumed-killed daughter of the last Czar (I forget her name - was it Anastasia?) who vanished at the same time her parents and the rest of her family were killed during the revolution - speculation says that somebody in the "kill squad" took pity on her, and instead of killing her outright, dumped her in the forest expecting her to die. The smallpox vax scar we can see on her shoulder in one part of this clip tells me that it isn't ACTUALLY the girl involved (the original story came to light before movies started talking, let alone being in color - and forget widespread smallpox vaccination) but the "behavior", if you can call it that, looks like a fairly good portrayal of the written reports on trying to "humanize" the girl after she was found and returned to this adorable mess we refer to as civilization.
Thanks a lot for the explanation. The video's backstory is really surprising. But did someone ask her if she wants to return to this so-called "civilization"? :unsure:

Thanks a lot for the explanation. The video's backstory is really surprising. But did someone ask her if she wants to return to this so-called "civilization"? :unsure:
*IF* this footage is based on the story, and *IF* the story has more reality than a comic book (Which I have my doubts about) and *IF* I've heard the tale properly, there was no "ask her" possible - As I've heard the tale, she was found naked, acted like a wolf/dog, did not speak at all, only growled and yapped, and basically showed no sign she was even aware she was human, let alone sentient and capable of communication.

Back