Post a Truth, Beginning With Yourself

I want to go back to Okinawa just to get access to the CoCo's curry there.

i think all organized sports are overrated. we spend far too much money on "entertainment" (as a nation, possibly the whole world) instead of things that really matter, like scientific and medical advances.
I think medicine is advanced enough. The purpose of viruses are to prevent population explosion, we have already gone around that and now we are way past what our ecological carrying capacity was meant for. Not to mention that we are also at fault with the ever growing number of cancer cases every week. But I do agree that too much money is invested in sports.

I bounce back and forth between wanting to punch life in the face and wanting to curl up and do nothing.

huh, Guess that makes you Bi- Polar. and possibly Bi-Lingual too

Someone once asked me if I was "Bi-" and while I studied a little Spanish in high school, I didn't really know enough to be Bi.

I didn't realize how much this time of year pains me until I went shopping for ingredients. -_-

I have a family that has left me out to dry after requesting I quit my nice job to help run the business and when the business almost imploded I was left without a car, a job and soon to be no home. I have a baby on the way and I don’t know what to do. When I do get on my feet again my whole family can go fuck themselves and I’m not looking back. I got used harder than a desperate hooker.

Also, I can wiggle my ears.

I think medicine is advanced enough. The purpose of viruses are to prevent population explosion, we have already gone around that and now we are way past what our ecological carrying capacity was meant for. Not to mention that we are also at fault with the ever growing number of cancer cases every week. But I do agree that too much money is invested in sports.

here's how i know you're young. when you get older, you're going to start fearing death more, and you're going to start having some body failings. THEN you're gonna want more medical advancements.

viruses are going to virus. not much medical advancement can do about that. vaccines, sure, but viruses are still going to find ways around current vaccines and need new ones made.

population explosion is a _separate_ issue, and i'm with you 100% ... needs a solution. but that solution is not to halt medical advancement and let people die. it's to empower women and give people in 3rd world countries access to birth control and education (and technological advancements and food, so they don't need 300 kids just to help run their dustball farms).

... oops, sorry. "post a truth about myself" .. right. i'm old(-ish), falling apart, and i like my medical advancements.

It happens; viruses mutate, and it's an unavoidable truth. On Topic, I'm a wiki nerd. I'm not saying that I work on Wikipedia; I'm saying that I spend a lot of my time reading through wikipedia.

I don't personally celebrate any holiday. Hell, I never celebrate my own birthday.

i do celebrate certain holidays, but i get that they're really just an excuse to party/get together with friends or family/etc., which one shouldn't really need. i definitely see that as a social problem -- that people feel like they need a calendar excuse to do something special, when really, we should be doing special things with loved ones whenever we get the chance. however, i also get that life goes by so fast, sometimes you _need_ something on the calendar that says "you really should spend time with loved ones now". sillier shit like dressing up in costumes or hiding eggs for kids to find, etc. is also (IMO) dumb to do as a once a year thing. if you enjoy it .. do it as often as you like (but be prepared for consequences on some things).

Trying to pay off all my debt, one dollar at a time. Dropped out of college early when I realized I didn't actually need a degree. Saved myself a lot of money in the process.

Same here. I’ve had social anxiety disorder that developed into antisocial behavior as well, which is unusal because there almost polar opposites

I feel you brotha. I've battled with anxiety and depression for most of my adult life and my way of dealing with it has been shutting most everyone out of my life and curling up in a ball with my dogs, but that last part isn't so bad, dogs are warm and cuddly lol

When I get crushes, they are intense and I legitimately feel like it's "falling in love" or "falling for someone." But I fall too hard into it.

I consider myself asexual with humans, but still I would like to have a partner (asexual too, so I don't have to waste energy having sex). I feel kind of lonely...

This is the first holiday season where I have no one near me that I actually care about.
I can absolutely see why so many people kill themselves this time of year.

When I get crushes, they are intense and I legitimately feel like it's "falling in love" or "falling for someone." But I fall too hard into it.

i'm weird. i went through that a LOT in my teens and 20s .. only with fictional characters. had so many fanfics in my head that i never wrote, but would go over in my mind while trying to fall asleep.

Back