poop eating

Puhp

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
My younger guy (year and a half) LOVES snacking on dried leavings from his older packmate, and I think it's contributing to *extremely* loose/diarrhea-like stools (when he's not been into the 'goodies' his poops firm up properly, but regular opportunities to snack on these bits correspond with exceptionally loose stools on walks). I've taken to picking up waste immediately from the yard (to remove the treats) and try to throw an electronic reinforcement collar on him for outside times (to help dissuade any rooting for leftovers). Does anyone have guidance on how to steer him clear from this behavior?

My younger guy (year and a half) LOVES snacking on dried leavings from his older packmate, and I think it's contributing to *extremely* loose/diarrhea-like stools (when he's not been into the 'goodies' his poops firm up properly, but regular opportunities to snack on these bits correspond with exceptionally loose stools on walks). I've taken to picking up waste immediately from the yard (to remove the treats) and try to throw an electronic reinforcement collar on him for outside times (to help dissuade any rooting for leftovers). Does anyone have guidance on how to steer him clear from this behavior?
Feed him 🤷🏻‍♀️…. Poor thing is hungry. 😂

Tho seriously…. Som have do this bcos of needs more attention (it is game)…an also som bcos of a deficiency in they diet.

I'm so thankful my dogs don't eat anything dumb 😇

Worth a blood panel if you haven't so you can be sure his nutrition is in order

Feed him 🤷🏻‍♀️…. Poor thing is hungry. 😂
Tho seriously…. Som have do this bcos of needs more attention (it is game)…an also som bcos of a deficiency in they diet.
He's on a great, complete, vet-recco'd diet - with age/weight aprpopriate levels. He eats (and is fed) a LOT more than his older bro, and is in perfect weight range and health (we've got him regularly at the vet for health). He's simply voracious, and never quite done with food. His older bro is the kind of dog who will eat till he's had enough, younger boy will eat till he throws up, will take a second, then start eating again. Might simply be a case of growing out of it, but to seek out nuggets like this? I don't think more food will preclude seeking out the nasty nuggets.

He's on a great, complete, vet-recco'd diet - with age/weight aprpopriate levels. He eats (and is fed) a LOT more than his older bro, and is in perfect weight range and health (we've got him regularly at the vet for health). He's simply voracious, and never quite done with food. His older bro is the kind of dog who will eat till he's had enough, younger boy will eat till he throws up, will take a second, then start eating again. Might simply be a case of growing out of it, but to seek out nuggets like this? I don't think more food will preclude seeking out the nasty nuggets.
Than mi first opinion🤷🏻‍♀️… som times enough attention “is not enough”…. As u says “No!”…. Animals som times look as a game 😂…. Horses many times act out like this with various daily routines 😂… an one of mi horses can be “Monello assoluto” …a brat, concerning attention.

I have read that MSG added the diet leaves a foul taste after passing through the digestive system and that squash will have similar effect.
I had a girl who was an incorrigible poop eater, so I can sympathize. Sometimes the most expedient is to pick up the poop ASAP so it can't get ingested. It will be a hard behavior to change as it is self-rewarding.

Is a condition called pica, something missing in diet, a vitamin or mineral, Try a different or better? Food. I feed blue it's expensive but ..

Coprophagia is a nasty little habit. Once developed it can be hard to stop...there are supplements available. Check with your Vet for brand recommendations

Back