Please don't post a picture of yourself as an avatar.

I'm tattooed, btw.
I am not surprised, as:
Only criminals are tattooed. A self respecting, decent and all around good person wouldn't even think about it.
I don't have any tattoos myself.
But my SO do, and loads of them. To my knowledge, he is not a criminal. Because the illegal things he do, is not only legal for him, but he is paid by the state to do those things.

Are you saying that the girls with tattoos don't look nice?
The girls look nice, but many, both men and women, are ‘covered’ with a lot of tattoos which in my opinion simply do not fit together, looks like they just chose a random selection from the shop catalog.

I did a stupid thing back in the 90's. Was on a Zoo Usenet group and was using my real E-mail account tied to my real name.
BIG MISTAKE!
Eventually all my posts were copied and ended up posted on the bulletin board at my workplace.
Can you say EMBARRASING!
Ive learned my lesson. Never use your real name online. even in your e-mail address. Never posts your picture.
Never give out your phone number or address to anyone. Alway's use a VPN. be careful that your camera or phone doesn't GPS stamp your location on your photos. and watch out for any identifying signs or give aways in your photos.
Basically Trust Nobody! and if you really have to meet anyone in real life, meet in a public space at first. park far enough away, that they can not get your license plate number. don't divulge your real name or any identifying information to them. until you actually become real friends and feel comfortable with one another. Use Common Sense.

I agree that people should be more aware of the dangers but also the only way to be unidentifiable is not to sign up. Since neither fully exposing yourself nor deleting your account are good options: how about something simple like just not showing your face, front of your house etc in your picture without everyone going with a rainbow flag avatar and removing a lot of personality and life from this forum by doing so? The effort to identify you just by birth marks of your legs or the colouration of your dog for example seems completely unreasonable to me especially since people dont know if its really you on the picture...
Sweetiekins, if someone wants to bother, they can use the center to center measurement between your pupils. Dont think they'll do anything so time consuming? You've never been doxxed. Be very, very careful what you wish for. "Personality and Life" is in the eye of the beholder. But it ain't worth a cell, or a euthanized critter.

Good advice. I mean it shoukd go without saying. But its never a bad thing to reiterate. Good lookin out

People who do this have low IQ honestly. Like seriously, even if it wasnt a zoo forum, you should stay anonymous on the internet. Social media has rotted peoples brains frankly. Corporations and gov love it when you willingly volunteer as much monetizable, identifyable information as possible.

Just wait until this whole AI thing takes off, and someone can run a program that can instantly identify user profiles based upon cropped self images, and posts and comments. Remember that furry pfp you used on zoophileforum and also furaffinity but like 6 years ago? The comment on a furaffinity post saying you attended denver furcon?

Assume any and all information can be parsed and tracked.

Saw yesterday a guy joined, his face all exposed, probably got banned or received a warning. Why can't they know how dangerous it is to expose themselves.

I agree that people should be more aware of the dangers but also the only way to be unidentifiable is not to sign up. Since neither fully exposing yourself nor deleting your account are good options: how about something simple like just not showing your face, front of your house etc in your picture without everyone going with a rainbow flag avatar and removing a lot of personality and life from this forum by doing so? The effort to identify you just by birth marks of your legs or the colouration of your dog for example seems completely unreasonable to me especially since people dont know if its really you on the picture...
Hence why I’ve used my dog as a pfp all if not most GWPs look the same

I have reached out to about 13 or 14 users so far who have posted a picture of themselves as their avatar. Some of whom claim to have animal partners. What is even more sad is that many of the women users that post these pictures tend to get posts on their wall about how beautiful and sexy they are, rather than letting them know of the danger they are putting themselves in.

By posting a picture of yourself on a public forum which anyone can access as long as you know the URL and are willing to spend 5 minutes to create a ProtonMail email, you are put your very security at risk. Take it from me, a zoophile who has been exposed before for a short period of time. I didn't even have an animal partner at the time. Being exposed is NOT FUN! A few users on here have had their lives turned upside down and ruined due to being exposed as a zoophile.

Normally, if I happen to catch a user with a picture that could be them. I go onto their profile and post to their wall a message similar to this:

"Hello! If that is an actual picture of yourself that you are using as an avatar, I would remove it and replace it with something else immediately. There are profile skimmers on here looking to find identifiable information to out zoos. You are putting yourself in danger."

Thankfully, the majority of users thank me and remove the image of themselves.

I would encourage everyone to do this. If you happen to see a user on here with a photo that is most likely a picture of themselves, I would reach out to them and let them know of the danger. A lot of times these users are new to the zoo community and are just starting out. They are unaware of the danger that they are potentially putting themselves in, because they don't know how hunted and despised we are to the general public.
excellent advice thank you

I have reached out to about 13 or 14 users so far who have posted a picture of themselves as their avatar. Some of whom claim to have animal partners. What is even more sad is that many of the women users that post these pictures tend to get posts on their wall about how beautiful and sexy they are, rather than letting them know of the danger they are putting themselves in.

By posting a picture of yourself on a public forum which anyone can access as long as you know the URL and are willing to spend 5 minutes to create a ProtonMail email, you are put your very security at risk. Take it from me, a zoophile who has been exposed before for a short period of time. I didn't even have an animal partner at the time. Being exposed is NOT FUN! A few users on here have had their lives turned upside down and ruined due to being exposed as a zoophile.

Normally, if I happen to catch a user with a picture that could be them. I go onto their profile and post to their wall a message similar to this:

"Hello! If that is an actual picture of yourself that you are using as an avatar, I would remove it and replace it with something else immediately. There are profile skimmers on here looking to find identifiable information to out zoos. You are putting yourself in danger."

Thankfully, the majority of users thank me and remove the image of themselves.

I would encourage everyone to do this. If you happen to see a user on here with a photo that is most likely a picture of themselves, I would reach out to them and let them know of the danger. A lot of times these users are new to the zoo community and are just starting out. They are unaware of the danger that they are potentially putting themselves in, because they don't know how hunted and despised we are to the general public.
Fr. I won't even upload a pic at all because I have no idea what gets attached to it, which is the same reason I don't upload content. I'm just not good at the opsec thing. Don't want my dick on the Internet either. The only two other people who've seen it know I'm zooey, but it still bothers me...

Saved messages saves the day.
If someone is stupid enpugh to send a fresh image file from their camera to telegram group with many people I check metadata. Well, of they serve it for free, I of course will look. Couple persons were shocked when I showed them their location data. For me that info is useles but I think they learned and now are posting a bit more carefully.
This. This shit right here is what scares me. Especially with autistic anti zoo tech furries being a thing. Fucking crazy how much of our personal info we broadcast to the world on the daily.

Makes sense, I mean I work networking and backtracking is possible with simple pictures. Makes sense why they also use different email platforms when joining from the normal which get skimmed and searched more.

Back