Odd Pet Quirks

amorousdog5

Citizen of Zooville
So, my first dog was afraid of the vacuum cleaner. Pretty normal, it makes a very loud and unpleasant noise. Because of this I wanted my current dog to learn that the vacuum cleaner is not so scary, so that she wouldn't be stressed out whenever I have to clean. So whenever I turned on the vacuum, I would first take a few minutes to pet her and call her a good girl, let her know that everything is ok. It worked, but it also had an unexpected side effect. Now whenever I turn on the vacuum, she thinks it's time for pets.
She approaches, tail wagging, and typically gets in the way of where I need that vacuum to go. :gsd_laughing: Still, I'd much rather spend a couple minutes petting her and telling her what a good girl she is before I can start cleaning than have her get stressed out. Visitors who have seen how positively she responds to the vacuum think it's the weirdest thing ever.

Anyone else have pets with odd quirks or behaviors?

My male and bushes. I don't know what his deal is, but it's not a medical one, he just loves rubbing himself all up in a good bush.

Edit: nvm, my females clinginess is honestly a little over the top so I'll go with that. She is probably the only dog I have met who likes a long, tight, hug. My boy will for a few seconds, but like most dogs they feel trapped, not her. I'm sure it's her past before me, and it's a security thing.

Last edited:
I call it my girls tight time, she loves sticking her head between thighs so I usually pet her butt, she does it with any house guest lol. It was originally a self soothing thing I think

My lady Lab likes to lay on her back with her legs in the air and do leg exercises. It's quite funny if she's on the other side of the coffee table and all I can see is paws waving around in the air.

My boy gets a mohawk with his fur standing up along the full length of his back if I scratch his rear :ROFLMAO:

My dogs both have their weird quirks for sure, but I think my littler girl takes the cake with the oddest quirk. My littler girl LOVES licking absolutely everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING!!! Walls, couch, floor, my body, hair, every. freaking. thing! Not only that, but often she'll pause, mid-lick, when she's licking things. She'll sit there with her tongue on whatever object she's licking for 3-8 seconds. After one of her mid-lick freezes she almost always yawns. It's kinda adorable, but very strange indeed.

Back