Nonsexual relationships with animals

Deeper relationship with animals in general?

• Total voters
I'm curious, how many of you guys feel you have a deeper relationship than normal with animals, even those you're not attracted to or in a sexual relationship with? And do you feel it's due to your zoophilia?

For me, my cat and I have such a close bond I consider her a (platonic) life partner. I don't particularly think it's due to my zoophilia, but perhaps they both stem from the same place of just having a really deep love and respect for animals.

I empathize more with animals. I truly feel heartbroken when I hear of stories of mistreatment or abuse.

I have a deep bind with my German Shepard and I think it is that bond with him that carry’s over into a respect and live for all creatures…

I’ve always liked dogs like they were there to protect me. Although Im sexually attracted to them I could like them as a friend.

Maybe kind of a chicken and egg thing (heh, get it?) going on. I voted "not because I'm a zoophile" because I felt care and empathy long before anything sexual.

seems like a nobrainer that "we" understand their body language and feelings better than "normies". i mean, why would they pay any extra attention to ones they mostly regard as just property. i'm not saying all non-zoo owners are like that, it just seem fairly prevalent. they seem way too keen on just discarding them and getting new ones like they're changing furniture when anything happens.

got asked by my lovely neighbor the other day why i don't just put my girl down (she's currently post-operation, wearing a cone) and get a new one, because "she's old anyway".... does that sound like someone who sees them as sentient living beings?
Maybe kind of a chicken and egg thing (heh, get it?) going on. I voted "not because I'm a zoophile" because I felt care and empathy long before anything sexual.
dunno, i was more interested in dogs than humans even before it got sexual so i voted "not because" as well, but it very well could've been "because i'm a zoo" and puberty simply didn't hit yet. you know, like my sexuality was already set and it just drew me to who my preferred partners would eventually be if that makes any sense?

got asked by my lovely neighbor the other day why i don't just put my girl down (she's currently post-operation, wearing a cone) and get a new one, because "she's old anyway".... does that sound like someone who sees them as sentient living beings?
In times like these you have to wonder whether the same response would be given if euthanasia was legal for humans and it would be about a human family member.
Is your neighbor highly religious by the way? Just morbid curiosity. :D

I picked yes because I am a zoophile because I think I was zoo before becoming a sexual zoo.
I have had very deep relationships with animals without sex anyway.

Is your neighbor highly religious by the way? Just morbid curiosity.
i honestly care so little about him and his life that i have no idea.. he doesn't use any of the "god bless" or whatever greetings so probably no?

Jokes aside, I think people regarding animals as property, not caring for them properly, not understanding them, etc, is straight up NPC behavior. I mean this in the sense that they don't really think about anything except on a surface level; just purely existing and going with the flow. My coworker comes to mind; just had his 3rd kid, nonchalantly talks about how he has to 'get rid' of 'the' dog, works for the same company for 8+ years, generic hobbies, etc. Same with 'fixing' animals. "Well it's just what everyone else does!!"
yeah, dogs seem to be just an afterthought to some ppl... it's one of the things i'm kinda envious of "horse ppl". not saying no abuse ever happens in horse owning. it's just, having one or more is so much of a commitment you don't get one "just because"/"others have one too" like many do when getting a dog. i can count on one hand how many dogs in my area are even allowed inside the house besides maybe in winter...

yeah, dogs seem to be just an afterthought to some ppl... it's one of the things i'm kinda envious of "horse ppl". not saying no abuse ever happens in horse owning. it's just, having one or more is so much of a commitment you don't get one "just because"/"others have one too" like many do when getting a dog. i can count on one hand how many dogs in my area are even allowed inside the house besides maybe in winter...
Unfortunately I have definitely seen some cases of extreme neglect with horses essentially being locked in a stable without grooming or veterinary care their entire life. You're definitely right that it's more of a "norm" for dogs to be disposable though.

Back