My neighbors are abusing their dog

This hits a little close to home because I live in a town outside of city limits in Mississippi. Animals are property, and no county animal control, no real enforceable animal cruelty regulations. So I could literally film my neighbor beating the dog to death, show the sheriff, and sheriff will literally be like "so, what do you want me to do about it?". F*cking tragic, and any people running for county office who has ever suggested county animal laws has not been elected.
This is actually not true. While we have few Federal laws regulating animal treatment, we did get PACT (Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture) signed in 2019. It was intended primarily as a way to combat animal crush videos, but it does make it illegal everywhere in the USA to purposely deal grievous bodily injury to animals. So if you ever see this kind of mistreatment, report it! It carries a sentence of up to 7 years in prison.

This is actually not true. While we have few Federal laws regulating animal treatment, we did get PACT (Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture) signed in 2019. It was intended primarily as a way to combat animal crush videos, but it does make it illegal everywhere in the USA to purposely deal grievous bodily injury to animals. So if you ever see this kind of mistreatment, report it! It carries a sentence of up to 7 years in prison.
Thanks for the info! I'll be sure to keep this in mind. Btw, love the new pfp!

Warning, you will get angry reading this.

My neighbors have an absolutely sweet female gsd. They force her to live with them in a too small apartment (less than 500sq ft with two people) and do not feed her a decent amount of food. She is skin and bones. The wife beats her and drags her around by her skin. Literally the dog is so thin the cunt can grab a handful of her skin off her back and pull her around by it. Sometimes the dog runs out and escapes and she runs to my apartment and scrabbles at the door, trying to get in. They do not properly groom her and her fur is matted. They had no toys or enrichment for her until I showed up and bought her some and the husband got upset with that and started throwing them out. They "walk" her maybe once a day. They do not take her to the dog park or take her on proper walks. This poor girl forces herself into the smallest corner of the apartment possible unless I'm there and she comes out and lays her head on my lap, as if begging me to take her home. Would if I could but as soon as I started showing her affection and attention she latched onto me and they started distancing her from me, like an abusive parent does when their victimized child becomes friends with someone normal.

I'm coming here because I've never had to report something like this before and I've seen how much all of you love your animals. I don't even know how I can report this. I have no picture or video proof, but I don't know what they require. It breaks my heart that this sweet girl has to go through this. I very much want to rescue her out of the situation, even if she goes to a different owner. To be honest with her health the way it is, it would probably be best for her to go to a breed specific rescue.

I'm not entirely comfortable listing my exact location but I live in the southwest. I do not know how animal control works anywhere because I've never abused my animals or been around someone who does.

To be perfectly honest, I want to beat the absolute shit out of both of them. I have other witnesses in the complex as well who would do the same and whenever we hear the cunt of a wife come out to walk the dogs a couple of us will casually slip outside to watch and make sure nothing happens while they're outside.

Of course, we live in America where justice cannot be properly served so unfortunately I can't treat them the way they treat their poor dog.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I still play nice around them and have considered even go so far as to manipulate them into selling her to me, just so I can get her out of there
Treat them the same as a woman basher. Always weak men picking on weaker things. Show them how it feels

Treat them the same as a woman basher. Always weak men picking on weaker things. Show them how it feels
Satisfying while you do it perhaps, but then you spend many years in prison. Not worth throwing your life away because of that piece of garbage, do it legal instead to take away theirs.

take pictures if you can, email them to local animal control/rescue. if nervous about it coming back to you, you can always call in anonymously.

Pictures can be helpful, often times your local police department will have an animal control office or just one officer, you can make an anonymous call or if you have pictures do it at their office. Avoid any angle that could prove it was you to avoid hostile actions toward you, personally I have never been worried about someone's actions toward me, the safety of the dog should come first. I am weird like that the elderly, children and animals are a "Don't hurt them if I am near" sort of thing.

Pictures can be helpful, often times your local police department will have an animal control office or just one officer, you can make an anonymous call or if you have pictures do it at their office. Avoid any angle that could prove it was you to avoid hostile actions toward you, personally I have never been worried about someone's actions toward me, the safety of the dog should come first. I am weird like that the elderly, children and animals are a "Don't hurt them if I am near" sort of thing.
*Raises hand* I believe in safety first before legal means if a creature is in enough distress. How can anyone "mute" out such things is very... Disturbing.

Yes... Get as much proof as you can as well as recordings to the ordeal you got to cover as much ground as possible as well as make sure there's witnesses to seal the deal to do this you have to have contact information of those who are witness to this event.

Necrothread folks....if the op was correct, and not playing a game, the dog is likely dead or has been picked up by the animal welfare people

Back