My boys whine when they know what they are getting is this normal ?

My boys don't fight over me at all. If they did my Lab would stop them immediately. We do have house rules; if I am dressed, even in just a shirt I am off-limits, naked and I'm fair game. But they don't fight or argue over me. They are also banned from the main part of the house, but have their own room which opens onto their garden.

Have you tried taking them somewhere one at a time?

It sounds like they do enjoy the sex.

I would also make sure they had some sources of amusement that they can only enjoy well with each other, such as a rope toy or an old rag they can play tug-of-war with. It's never as fun to do with a human as it is to do with a dog.

Also, when I am playing fetch with two different dogs, I like to train them on taking turns. I reward both dogs, the one that waits his turn and the one that goes to fetch. That way, they know that waiting their turn is just as good of a trick as going to fetch.

Last edited:
so long as they are not physically attacking each other it is just minor squabbling. I have found with multiple dogs, try not to favor one over the other with sex as it seems to reinforce a " Me first !!" attitude in the dog that does gets to go first.

My two boys whine when they know what they are getting and get quite jealous of one another any advice ?
When bringing breeding stock together that happens on ranches as well. As long as they are just trying to get their turn, and are not aggressive I wouldn't worry.

"My dogs get excited when they know I'm about to feed them." is basically what you just asked. Yes, dogs get excited when they know they are about to get something they want. Food and sex are both part of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Congratulations, you learned basic psychology.
It’s true. It’s all in the conditioning. Just like when they know it’s time to eat, a little sign given to them that’s it’s time for some fun works every time. I have a special room I take him to. i bring him in there and if I’m not already undressed he’s biting at my pants. He knows it’s time to play.

"My dogs get excited when they know I'm about to feed them." is basically what you just asked. Yes, dogs get excited when they know they are about to get something they want. Food and sex are both part of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Congratulations, you learned basic psychology.
OP's name is SASSQU33N, but ooooooooooboy was that a sassy reply! But also, you're not wrong. Lol

Back