mini stallion help getting started

so we have this mini stallion, very gentle and from time to time his dick gets hard...welll....yeah.. i have not handled the erection, but have reached under and rubbed his balls and rubbed his sheath.

once while rubbing under him and over his sheath, he started stomping his back leg and i stopped thinking he was getting nervous. we were in the stable and, yeah he's only about 300 lbs, but that's 300 lbs of horse.

my other half said that he fondled his balls and the horse just turned around and looked at him, so i thought i'd try again. so recently, he was out in the pasture and i reached under him and fondled his balls and rubbed at his sheath, back and forth between the two a couple of times. when i was rubbing his sheath and a bit over the hole and back over his sheath, he turned his head back and watched a bit. then he turned his head back forward while i rubbed his dick in his sheath. he didn't start to get hard and a minute or so after turning his head back, he started to paw at the ground with his front leg. i stopped as i thought he was getting nervous again. i don't want to make him skittish if he is not into this kind of fondling.

not that i want him to fuck me, tho my other half would probably like to be flared, but a handful of horse cock would be cool, maybe even some licking, tho he may need to be cleaned, first.

is this just patience and let him get used to being handled? i don't know how to read horse language and don't want to hurt him or me. he is a very gentle stallion and leads well, which is good when we need him to go in. i don't want to ruin that.

Stomping feet and swishing his tail is usually a sign of irritation.

The way I did it with me stallion, I was handling him all over the place around balls and dick, but not only focusing on this area. Whole belly crotch area.

Then can get onto washing the dick with warm water. They often like it and drop.

But really the best way to train them is to have a jump mare, preferably in heat that allows him to jump her. I use L or XL size condoms to avoid pregnancy.

I let mine mount the mare and play with his penis for a while, and then put it into the mare as a reward if he behaves well.

Also saving the in heat mare pee and freezing it is a good idea. Turns him on instantly

thank you spawn, i figured i may have been making him uncomfortable. i'll take your advice. we have papers so breeding may be possible. i don't know the linage, so i can be certain he has acceptable lineage. we bought him "cheap" because he was being bullied at his last place and here he's by himself. he is a gentle stallion.

i'll have to massage his belly and crotch more, knowing it will take some time. he does like being rubbed, as long as it does not interfere with his grass eating. lol he does need more attention, but horses are so easy to just let out of the stable and go about your day.

thanks again spawn

I highly recommend watching Goldstuds breeding videos, and reading up on equine reproduction, particularly on training a stallion for semen collection. I'll see if I can quickly find the links.

Here's Goldstuds group.

You need to join the group to be able to see videos.
Videos are on the "group media" tab

Here's an article on stallion training by Jos Mottershead

He has great articles on his website about horse breeding in general and also has a Facebook group. Highly recommended!

Last edited:
Hello,

The suggestion to watch goldstud's videos is a great one. However most of his videos don't cover how hard it can be to get a stallion used to having sex with something that isn't a mare. Him getting annoyed at sheath rubbing isn't abnormal and you do want to avoid keeping it up after that point.

Teaching a stallion to be sexual outside being with a mare is something like a ladder. More accurately in my experience a building to climb. The bottom floor is covering a mare. Almost any stallion will do that. The top floor is getting an erection on demand with no other horse present. You should start at the bottom and work your way up. The most important thing to remember is that pleasure and fondling are like steps along the stairs. You might fondle in just the right way and get him to like it or you might annoy him moving down a few steps. Ejaculation is like taking the elevator. If you can get him to ejaculate doing something he will remember that and rocket forward in his training. It can take a few hours of training before a stallion learns to mount the phantom with an erection and collect in an AV. After he does it once though he will take minutes next time to do exactly the same thing.

If you want to be sexual with your mini I suggest you buy a mini horse AV. You can collect him off a mare but that needs a cooperative mare. That is the easiest place to start. You can also just get him used to people being involved in sex by hand breeding. The largest condoms you can find should prevent foals with a mini just make sure he doesn't get the bottom ring broken off wrapped around his penis. Some stallions won't breed with a condom. My first would not but that was a big thick horse condom. Get him into the concept of sex when people are around. Play with his erection, balls, belly while breeding so he associates all this with sex. Watch the kicky bits! Then you can move further away from natural. Remember ejaculation is the biggest reward possible.

If you have specific questions feel free to post more details or contact me directly. I don't claim to be an expert but I have a decent bit of stallion experience.

Thanks for reading!

Back