Marriage?

That would make sense, but I wonder, even in the one sided-ness, if they are married to them, literally or emotionally
Marriage is a mutual vow, not an emotion. You can make any promise you want but marriage is something that can't happen.

Saying it did happen makes people wonder what else you are imagining the animal 'saying'.

Keep it real. We already have a word for love.

Have a quick google, there’s a few instances.
Not sure if they’re genuine or not 🤔
Stranger things have happened at sea, I suppose.
There are surely instances of people who claim to have enacted a marriage with an animal. It is possible if you use the definition of marriage that describes it only as a legally sanctioned union. Note that this definition does not care about the consent of those being married, and so marriages that are forced upon one or both participants would be recognized under this definition.
I prefer the definition of marriage that describes it as both a consensual and contractual union recognized by law. This type of marriage is not possible between an animal and human because an animal does not have any concept of marriage, and therefore cannot provide consent on the matter.

I don’t think it’s right, partially because animals don’t understand marriage. That being said, I’m starting to realize people and animals can share deep bonds, in the same way two humans can

h t t p s :// ussanews.com/2023/03/01/insanity-world-economic-forum-calls-for-legalization-of-marriages-with-animals/

I don't think I would marry my animals , I am already committed to them, to care, provide and love them. The bond we have are stronger, they give me hope, happiness and I am deeply devoted to them. I am zoo exclusive, so they are #1 priority to me...

h t t p s :// ussanews.com/2023/03/01/insanity-world-economic-forum-calls-for-legalization-of-marriages-with-animals/
Unreliable source that has posted a blatantly false story here. If you search the World Economic Forum website for "marriage", you will find nothing like this. Their primary concern with regards to marriage currently seems to be fighting against child marriages.

Marriage would be possible in a few countries, but:

1) It would be unidirectional, one side initiates and plans this.
2) It's a purely human constructed concept and irrelevant for animals.
3) It's often linked to religious beliefs or financial stability, which animals neither have access to (conceptually).
4) If there's a partnership between me and an animal, it means "until death" of one of us. As such I don't need human concepts to reinforce my thoughts.

@guykiwi : Your dog could pre-clean the dishes. That works quite well. 🤷‍♂️ 🍽️🐕

Back