Male dog no longer interested in females(sexually fulfilled already)

Estafantom

Citizen of Zooville
I got curious about how your non-fixed male dog behave arround females and especially during heat when at the same time both of you do a lot of sex (penetration, oral, handjob included).

Is your dog still super hyped up by females or it seems that the sexual release with you is enough to satisfy his needs? Or even more interesting does your male is more demanding for your help/having sex when horny because of a female?

Last edited:
it's like his whole personality gets overwritten by my girl's heat hormones. in the "it's go time" week (peak of the heat cycle) he doesn't even eat. just pesters everyone for sex and so does she. our record was twelve times in a single day. eight times with him, four with her. mostly just oral/hand from me (i don't have that kind of stamina) and to be honest it's not as much fun as it might sound... i like it more when they ask for sex out of their own current mood, not because hormones dictate it.

Same. I know everyone generally looks forward to heats with bated-breath anticipation, but honest injun? I kind of dread them around here 😏 You think a dog is bad, try having a cow. Ever wonder why animals in the bovidae family (cattle, goats etc) have those giant oval testes down to the knees? Because they keep at it all day long. And then all the night thru. And on into the next day, and the next. The greatest relief is not when your female finally goes into heat -- its when she's back out of it! Sex is no fun when it becomes another farm chore.

He will always be intrested, but you could drain his stamina.
To my experience the normal canine reload time is something like 8-24 hours - So as long as you keep him happy all day every day yourself during the heat then it should not be an issue. Although its always a good thing to keep them separated just in case.

You could spice it up for yourself by rubbing in heat dog stuff all over yourself.

Sorry, anyway -- to answer OP's question -- nah, nothing much changes in the males regardless of how much release you yourself have given them on the regular up to that week. They're still going to show plenty of interest in the female. And yes mine pretty much ignore me in that week -- which is fine by me, gives me a much-needed break tbh. Now if you provide release in addition (or in lieu) of your alpha breeding her, yes, I imagine it would decrease libido/interest as expected, though I don't know that firsthand as I've never bothered to interfere when a female is in estrus. I let them alone to do their thing and keep the other males separate, take care of their needs myself, while the alpha pair relieves theirs on each other. And break & treat fights. And fix fence. And fix walls. And fill holes. Follow around with a wheelbarrow of tools fixing whatever they break in the chaos. Like I said, heats really just generate more farm chores 'round here. The part of me that dreads 'em is bigger than the part that looks forward to 'em!

you could make both the male and the female wear pants while you're "offline"

If you mean letting a male and female in heat alone together even with a "pants" it's really irresponsible in my opinion, dogs have teeths and know how to use it if they really want to find their way.
absolutely true that

Honestly I seem to be enough for him. I remember back in the day when my dad brought a female in heat to the house for the family dog to be with. He was confused as hell as to why our dog clearly wasn't all that interested, only mounting her a couple times before going back to playing instead of being all over her, if only he knew lol

Last edited:
Back