Making my boy happy

SadSatania

Tourist
As far as I'm concerned I completely disagree with neutering. My boy is lethargic and never smiles like his brothers but my family seemed it necessary.

:c

When we go outside with the horses he cheers up a lot but doesn't even want cuddles anymore.

Is there any way I can make him happy again?

How long has it been since he has been fixed? In my experience as a trainer he will typically bounce back after a few weeks but there are plenty of ways that you can work with him to build his energy levels back up. Useful information would be his age and breed. Feel free to reach out however you are most comfortable with any questions you may have.

How long has it been since he has been fixed? In my experience as a trainer he will typically bounce back after a few weeks but there are plenty of ways that you can work with him to build his energy levels back up. Useful information would be his age and breed. Feel free to reach out however you are most comfortable with any questions you may have.
He was fixed as soon as the vet deemed him ready to be fixed. He just seems so depressed all the time, and now that he's old he doesn't enjoy going outside much.

cant blame him for feeling like that. the fact neutering is mutilating a animal's sexual area when in fact im sure they wanna feel them hormones also.

Did he get any better? I've heard a lot of people say neutered males get lethargic and a couple vets that say it's not true.

Change his dog food to a higher end brand if you haven't already, maybe mix in all natural food such as cooked unsalted/unseasoned chicken breasts, look into a possible multivitamin, go to another vet and ask how to bring his mood back up. First they'll most likely say he's old and neutered then they'll try to give you solutions.

Did he get any better?

You should have just left it at that lol.

Change his dog food to a higher end brand if you haven't already, maybe mix in all natural food such as cooked unsalted/unseasoned chicken breasts, look into a possible multivitamin, go to another vet and ask how to bring his mood back up. First they'll most likely say he's old and neutered then they'll try to give you solutions.

images (1).jpeg

I'll try feeding better, thanks

Sorry to hear and sad for your mutual loss. In my experience there's a noticeable difference in emotive expression between intact and de-sexed dogs. Unaltered dogs seem to have a greater range of emotional expression.

Back