main page shows as blank

OffgridK9lover

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
I know this belongs in to the technical area but due to the above issue I can't get to it. I cleared cash and yet when I try to go to the main page it is just a blank screen.

I can only use internet history to go to the few sub forums I commented on (Hence how I was able to get to here) Any ideas?

Last edited:
Same reason it's been like that for like 4 months now, ongoing ddos. And the site architecture changed like 2 weeks ago to remove the list view that allowed a workaround.

Inwas actually going to call my internet provider to complain lol
well I knew it wasn't ISP other wise history would had no effect at accessing sub forums, so that made it either some glitch on my end, or some glitch server side. Ddos attack though didn't think of, odd it only affects the main page and not the rest of the forum, that is what threw me off is usually the entirety of the site goes down in such cases.

Ah, yes, the same blank page I've been stymied by. I even looked at the code once. It was like <html> followed by </html> and nothing else. So, a truly blank page.
Sounds like I need to save a link to a subforum page. ?

It happens from time to time. You can use deeplinks to get thru the site, you just won't be able to navigate thru the main page itself.

If I wanna check in when it's down, I use the search to get a direct link into a forum, login, then use the forum trees, notifications or new post filters to see what's up and get around.

I t can be cumbersome, but as is life sometimes.

I'm surprised people go through the effort to try to find a way into the site. If the main page is gone from being DDoSed, I just say "oh well" and check tomorrow.

I'm surprised people go through the effort to try to find a way into the site. If the main page is gone from being DDoSed, I just say "oh well" and check tomorrow.

Honestly not hard. The buttons are all there, just people don't always use them.

Honestly not hard. The buttons are all there, just people don't always use them.
Fair enough. But I personally find that getting to the site via a link and then trying to navigate around without using the homepage isn't worth the hassle. It'll all still be there next time I look.

Fair enough. But I personally find that getting to the site via a link and then trying to navigate around without using the homepage isn't worth the hassle. It'll all still be there next time I look.

Most of the time I just wait to. But it is doable.

If it is an attack against the front page and not some other error. Then someone is likely paying some crypto for it.
Makes your hearth warm to know how pointless it is. :D

I'd post to the tech forum if i could get to it, but every time I try to get the main forum Page it's just blank and white?
I replied to a thread just to check that I wasn't banned, since it seems like a lot of folks I recognize from the old forum as solid folks are banned.
Anybody else seeing this?

Yes. I don't know what it is but its happened to me a couple times in the past. I try to navigate around it.

I'd post to the tech forum if i could get to it, but every time I try to get the main forum Page it's just blank and white?
I replied to a thread just to check that I wasn't banned, since it seems like a lot of folks I recognize from the old forum as solid folks are banned.
same. but was able to log in without any issues just a moment ago

Yes, I did too. I waited a few mins and tried again... three times... and finally got on
same. but was able to log in without any issues just a moment ago
I'm here now, so yeah... me too
I figured it was iOS. But good to know.
No, I don't believe it's on the user end of things. While I can't be certain, I believe it to be on the server, or it could be related to traffic using encryption on the TOR Browser.

This has been an ongoing issue and there are threads about it. Bookmark a page here that is not the main page and if you encounter the issue again, just go to your bookmarked page
I suggest bookmarking this page

This has been an ongoing issue and there are threads about it. Bookmark a page here that is not the main page and if you encounter the issue again, just go to your bookmarked page
I suggest bookmarking this page
That would be great, except this only happens to me when I first try to go to the URL. Obviously, this is before I even have a chance to "log in", so using an internal bookmark wouldn't work at a time like that.

That would be great, except this only happens to me when I first try to go to the URL. Obviously, this is before I even have a chance to "log in", so using an internal bookmark wouldn't work at a time like that.

It does work when the home page goes white, as it'll request you to login if you are not. Literally did this very thing while it was down today

It does work when the home page goes white, as it'll request you to login if you are not. Literally did this very thing while it was down today
Perhaps I've not made myself clear enough. I often do edit some things down too much, so I can understand your position.

When I opened my browser on my desktop and entered the URL "zoovilleforum.net", all that was shown in the browser was white. So no "...request...to login if you are not." There's nothing to click on and nowhere to put login info. Period. Just plain white, everywhere. It's as if I never reached the site in the 1st place.

When I opened my browser on my desktop and entered the URL "zoovilleforum.net", all that was shown in the browser was white. So no "...request...to login if you are not." There's nothing to click on and nowhere to put login info. Period. Just plain white, everywhere. It's as if I never reached the site in the 1st place.
Pretty sure he means that if you've been banned you still get a login screen, not the blank white screen the ddos causes. So assuming you've been banned because of a white screen is goofy.

Pretty sure he means that if you've been banned you still get a login screen, not the blank white screen the ddos causes. So assuming you've been banned because of a white screen is goofy.
Expecting reasonable behavior from a computer is goofy.

Back