Lets talk about about drawing :D

SwitchMee

Tourist
So to start the ball rolling Ill give some starter questions.

Why do you draw?
What skill level would you say you are?
What do you like to draw?

I'll start by answering these.
For me I like to draw to soothe myself and because I think its facinating. Cause sometimes some not fun stuff wells up in my head so putting a pencil to paper helps distracts me and offten gives interesting results.
And my skills are definitley amaturish at best but thats never stopped me.
The stuff I tend to draw tends to be a bit abstract, it seems the stuff I draw has a similar style to the stuff peeps going through a manic episode create.

Not sure why you posted this in the dumpster fire section? So I'll move it here.

But to answer your questions:

Why do you draw?
Well I used to draw all the time when I was younger. Why I drew then was mainly for fun, but also because I liked expressing my creativity in artistic form. But I've kind of lost passion for drawing. It started becoming more of a chore than something I did for fun, couple that with the toxicity that started forming in the furry community, I stopped drawing there too. Nowadays I usually channel my creative outlet in the form of creating original music.

Back when I drew, very skilled. Photo realism is what I always tried my best to achieve, and it showed because I've literally had people beg me, without prior provocation, to draw pictures for them, and would offer me money.

But sometimes I'd draw cartoons as well, as sort of a low effort means to express creativity.

Back when I drew, many things. People (especially faces), animals, scenery, furry art, cartoons, and cars... most often.

Why do you draw?
I love drawing!! I've drawn ever since I have memory. There's something about getting those images you see in your head materialized that is very appealing. You can show stories, ideas or just beauty in general.

I'm kinda mid, sometimes I draw things even I can't believe I drew, but it's not the usual. I would say my skill level is late beginner, by this I don't mean that my drawing looks from a beginner, not at all, I have drawings that I'm really proud of and I think I could share them. By this I mean that there are sooo much things that I draw and they don't look as my best drawings. I have so much to learn.

I like to draw dark/grunge characters, skeletons (I draw a lot of skeletons), animals, scenarios, etc. All of this in grunge/dark/impressionistic/ballpoint/fountain pen style (pretty specific haha). But I've been wanting to learn to draw anime and become more fluent while drawing. I also want to start drawing nsfw, beast images/comics, I'm really inspired by Haison's "Animal Service" (love all of his comics) and P Senouki's "The Old Bullshit Japanese Folk Tales 3".

Anyway, thank you so much for asking!! I really love art.

You're also a musician!! What instrument do you play? Or do you only like to compose?
Well, I can play the guitar and piano a bit, but I'm only "meh" at it, probably intermediate beginner level. Mostly I like creating music through FLStudio. I've created midi tracks in ModPlug Tracker since I was like 15-16 years old (I know, I just dated myself here. Lol) but it was fairly easy to transfer my knowledge of composing music to FLStudio for realistic sounding instruments.

Well, I can play the guitar and piano a bit, but I'm only "meh" at it, probably intermediate beginner level. Mostly I like creating music through FLStudio. I've created midi tracks in ModPlug Tracker since I was like 15-16 years old (I know, I just dated myself here. Lol) but it was fairly easy to transfer my knowledge of composing music to FLStudio for realistic sounding instruments.
Haha, yeah, it from Modplug to FLStudio is quite a jump. I used to use FLStudio when I was like 10yo, honestly, at that time I only used the drum machine, and even then I didn't know what I was doing (shitty music probably xd). Now I'm into classical but when I use a DAW, I either use FLStudio or Ableton. I would love to hear something you've composed!!

Not sure why you posted this in the dumpster fire section? So I'll move it here.

But to answer your questions:

Well I used to draw all the time when I was younger. Why I drew then was mainly for fun, but also because I liked expressing my creativity in artistic form. But I've kind of lost passion for drawing. It started becoming more of a chore than something I did for fun, couple that with the toxicity that started forming in the furry community, I stopped drawing there too. Nowadays I usually channel my creative outlet in the form of creating original music.

Back when I drew, very skilled. Photo realism is what I always tried my best to achieve, and it showed because I've literally had people beg me, without prior provocation, to draw pictures for them, and would offer me money.

But sometimes I'd draw cartoons as well, as sort of a low effort means to express creativity.

Back when I drew, many things. People (especially faces), animals, scenery, furry art, cartoons, and cars... most often.
Thanks for moving it. I must have thought I was in general when I made this thread lol.

And photo realistic drawing is really cool. I wish I could draw photo realitically but when I try to practice stuff like that I get incredibly inpatient and antsy.

Back