Lets start a war III

Mmm, that does look yummy but I gotta say the asparagus/chips balance is wrong. As in "what are these green pointy peas doing here and where are the rest of my chips?"
All just my preference in all reality. I like my spears quite a lot. Fries as well but I’m trying to keep free of starchy things. However pissing in the morning smells funny.

RARE!! anything cooked longer than that is a cancer and should be purged and cleansed with fire
Interesting that you should mention that because burnt meat is carcinogenic. Medium rare or bloody rare truly are the safest way to go. Bloody rare can give you food poisoning.

All just my preference in all reality. I like my spears quite a lot. Fries as well but I’m trying to keep free of starchy things. However pissing in the morning smells funny.
You have the same tastes that I do. I would double the number of spears though. The fries are good but I would go for a baked potato fully loaded.

You have the same tastes that I do. I would double the number of spears though. The fries are good but I would go for a baked potato fully loaded.

Steak, baked potato, and asparagus are the holy trinity for a good meal. The half cow in my freezer right now means I'll be having it many many times too!

Freedom fries is a reference that I'm not getting I may have to haul out the google.

We got angry at France for not supporting us when we wanted to invade Iraq so we temporarily "un-Frenchified." French fries became freedom fries from late 2001 to around 2003.

I agree. However the steak was at least more then 24oz. That and my plate was small compared to what I was eating.

Interesting that you should mention that because burnt meat is carcinogenic. Medium rare or bloody rare truly are the safest way to go. Bloody rare can give you food poisoning.
Sometimes I eat it straight raw. It makes me feel "in touch with my instincts" if you will. As does hunting, and ripping out the heart of my kill and eating it

GIve or take some minor nuances that don't make enough difference to worry about, blue = "pull the raw steak out of the cooler and "cook" it by applying just enough heat to bring it back up to body temperature". So in effect, if you order a blue steak, you're ordering it "raw but not cold".

Used to be *RELATIVELY* common, at least among the "truly high class" (not just "looks fancy", but actually qualifies as being "high class", never mind how fancy the decorations in the dining room might or might not be) restaurants, but with all the rules that have to be followed anymore, it's almost impossible to find someplace in America, regardless of whether they're the ultra-high-class "Chez Froo-Froo" or the bottom-of-the-barrel "Mel's Road-Kill Cafe And Botulism Palace", that will serve you a *PROPER* blue steak. If you really want one, about the only way to get it is grow the cow yourself, do the killing and butchering yourself, then cook and plate it to your liking yourself. It might actually be flat-out illegal to serve a blue steak to anyone but yourself, though I haven't looked into that far enough to say for certain.
Not completely true, but not far off. The exterior temperature should make a reasonable level. To be bleu it needs twenty seconds on full heat either side. When you squeeze it, it should let blood ooze out.
We have hand raised, farm-killed beef and it is delicious. We don't live in the US. It is not illegal, providing it is properly slaughtered. E. Coli, and things like Campylobacter do not find their way into deep tissue. How do you think we manage to eat Steak Tartare or Carpaccio?

Not completely true, but not far off. The exterior temperature should make a reasonable level. To be bleu it needs twenty seconds on full heat either side. When you squeeze it, it should let blood ooze out.
We have hand raised, farm-killed beef and it is delicious. We don't live in the US. It is not illegal, providing it is properly slaughtered. E. Coli, and things like Campylobacter do not find their way into deep tissue. How do you think we manage to eat Steak Tartare or Carpaccio?

Well, that's how I was taught to cook a blue steak in a restaurant that, while not on Michelin's 4 stars list, still did a pretty darn good job of cooking steaks, at least by my estimation. We got our beef by the side from Cudahy's on the east side of town, delivered every second or third day, depending on how many tops we ran. I never did the cutting - a guy I'm told had been doing it for 27 years took care of turning sides into grille-ready cuts. But I humped the pans full of 'em around, and learned to cook 'em after they was cut. :)

Carpaccio is a new term to me - sounds Italian? or maybe Spanish?:unsure:

I'm quite aware of steak tartare and how to properly source and handle it during the making process. I learned it from my Pennsylvania-dutch granny, who called it "Bismark". Give or take what I'm fairly certain are family-specific spicing twiddles, we're talking about the same thing, no matter which name we each call it by. I usually just say "yum!" so long as I know it was made proper :)

medium rare for me, just got my first kitchen in my dorm so Ive been teaching myself how to cook. focused on sirloins doing 2 or 3 cheap ones a week for a while and ive pretty much got it nailed.

I put a couple of slivers of lambs liver in the gravy to thicken it and add a bit more texture ....oh my god I’m cumming 😂😂

Back