It took years, but I was finally able to open my heart and home again

mslullaby

Tourist
He's just a young one right now, so all of our time is devoted to training, playing fetch, with plenty of good eats and rest in between. I think he'll grow up to me a wonderful dog. I missed having a buddy in my life. I'm glad I adopted him.

He is mostly a dachshund/lab (mama was a mostly lab mix, papa was about 50% dachshund and the rest who knows what) mix if anyone is curious!

Last edited:
Puppies are just the best, they'll zoom around then crash for 5 minute and then want to play some more. It's hard to be sad when you have one in your life. Then they grow into your best friend and break your heart when they go, but your time with them is worth more than money can buy.

And I agree with @Meaty_19 take lots of videos and pictures, it's something I didn't do and regretted it later.

You know what this is the coolest thing I've read all week. Good for you finally getting back into it with a new pup. Dachshounds are cool, I had a neighbor that had a purebred and a roti mix they were really fun to be around always lots of energy. Sounds like a blast hope you two are well and see yous around.

Well, it's been just over two months and he's growing like a weed! He's now soon to be five months old and most things are going great. He's still very bitey, but not as much as he was say a month ago. He's being more receptive to commands and has mastered sit and mostly mastered stay. This has been a fund adventure together thus far, I can't wait to see what the future brings!

Thats a really nice story. They do not live as long as they should its so rough! Maybe u can post a pic wed prob all love to see!

I can't even imagine losing my boys in my life.. First of all, you have my sincerest condolonces and deepest sympathy for your loss.

I deeply understand your feeling when you lost life partner of yours. Few years back, I used to live with a chipmunk I adored so much, and when he passed away, I was so sorrowful and traumatized, and couldn't even imagine adopting another animals again back then.

I'm so glad to know that you have adopted a new partner in your life again.

I hope you and your new buddy to be happily ever after!! :husky_happysmile::gsd_happysmile:

Last edited:
Back