Is a 10 month old pup too young to mount a woman?

Nice dog.
Look for your breed's usual age of sexual maturity and wait for him to show signs of being interested in mating with female dogs.
Then he will be ready.

It appears you don't have a woman readily available (aka a Wife etc.) to easily be your test subject. Because the easiest way is to, well, get down on all fours. You could definitely test and see if your dog will show interest attempting to mount you…not saying you have to have sex with your dog, but see if he will have any signs of sexual interest.

10 months is pretty young for a larger-ish dog. They definitely can start reaching sexual maturity at that age…but it may take till they are 1.5 to 2 years old before they will show a strong interest in sex.

At 10 months old I wouldn’t try seeking out women to have sex with him because he very likely isn’t ready yet. You could just create a lot of confusion and delay his sexual interest even longer. I’d wait till 18 months of age, personally.

Sure, because dogs procreate by touch. :D
Obviously your dog can show interest in female dogs without actual sex happening.
After that, he dog is nervous because of the smell of the heat for three weeks.
It's not worth joking about. We are adults and in principle zoophiles, so we know the sexual behavior of dogs well. It is unnecessary to stress the dogs. We already know the time of sexual maturity of large males.

This can be very different, larger breeds usually take a little longer to "grow up". My Rottie was almost 2 years old when he started sniffing me.

Puppies will mount, but it has nothing to do with sex. It's play and/or litter dominance establishment.

Here’s my opinion on this. Waiting until the average age of sexual maturity for the average female dog will ensure that you aren’t trying to impose sexuality on an immature male. Since bitches largely mature faster than males, it is best to wait until at least 18 months, which is about the age of maturity for a bitch. That way you’ll know for sure, and will be a much better experience for everyone. 10 months is still quite young.

Back