In the News:

Bigpaws_Bear

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
Professor says Beastality is "okay".

Professor says Beastality is "okay".

It's weird that this article was made because if you read his tweet, he doesn't say is its good or bad, he just referred to it as "a thought-provoking article." He never mentioned his opinion on it I went to look at the article he was mentioning and I also think it's interesting how it mentions that they've surveyed instances where up to 50% of the population in rural areas had had sex with an animal at one point.

It's weird that this article was made because if you read his tweet, he doesn't say is its good or bad, he just referred to it as "a thought-provoking article." He never mentioned his opinion on it I went to look at the article he was mentioning and I also think it's interesting how it mentions that they've surveyed instances where up to 50% of the population in rural areas had had sex with an animal at one point.
If the Kinsey report on male sexuality (1948, IIRC) is to be believed, hooking up in the barnyard was pretty popular with a significant fraction of young rural guys. Out in the country, it wasn't really considered all that perverted.

To add to the information in this silly sensationalist article, Peter Singer isn't just "a bioethics professor". His book Animal Liberation was one of the formative works for the modern animal rights and animal liberation movement in the 70s. He was also associated with the Oxford Group, a group of intellectuals and academics in the 60s and 70s who discussed animal ethics and developed a moral philosophy that included nonhuman animals. They basically founded modern animal liberation.

In other words, Peter Singer was and is an important figure in the animal liberation movement, both in academic and activist circles. And I personally find it so refreshing that he is not anti-zoo. Too often zoophilia is equated with animal abuse and seen as morally wrong, but Singer disagrees with that (see also his essay Heavy Petting).

Back