I'm a soon to be owner, what should i know..

Go slow and take your time. We talking months or years. Every dog is different.

Don't force ANYTHING anywhere. You'll get yourself and her hurt. You'll end up with an emergency trip to the vet for her where you'll have to explain what happened and perhaps to the ER to get your dick sown back on.....if you can find it.

Make sure you are aware of her, her well being and her feelings. This isn't rocket science but it takes a decent amount of care, preparation and common sense.

And most importantly NO MEANS NO! If she doesn't want it, she doesn't want it. Don't be stupid and think you can force yourself on her.

I figure you're new to this so you might check out the HOW TO section of the forum.

Do you have hardwood floors? It might be a good idea to lay down some carpet. You will learn to live with a lot of stray hairs. How is your massage technique? It's definitely worth developing since most all dogs love a good full body massage. Do you have a yard? Are you into fitness or prepared to get into it? Good luck 👍

Do you have hardwood floors? It might be a good idea to lay down some carpet. You will learn to live with a lot of stray hairs. How is your massage technique? It's definitely worth developing since most all dogs love a good full body massage. Do you have a yard? Are you into fitness or prepared to get into it? Good luck 👍
Lmao. "Lay down some carpet."

But seriously given my girls old age you can DEFINITELY see a difference after I give her a massage. At 15 this girl can still jump up on the bed all by herself. She has to jump into the chair next to my bed first but I attribute that entirely to massaging her legs and hips twice a week or so.

Last edited:
Massage technique can always be worked on, i hate fluffy carpets, but suppose that's doable, and i do not have a wood carpet. i have an ok sized backyard!

Back