I took you home on a Wednesday.

Many years ago. They wanted to keep you, but couldn't care for you. I spent the better part of an hour tweezing ticks from your ears. You got a bath, one which you fought tooth and nail to escape from. I didn't know it yet, but you saved my life that day. We spent the next couple of years getting to know each other to the finest detail. We became so in tune with one another it was like we had been married for a hundred years. It wasn't like that at first though. Nine long months had came and gone since my first love had passed when I met you. I needed time to open up, and so did you. You scarcely tolerated me touching you the first few weeks, but I was persistent. Starved of love and connection, I rarely left your side. That summer we went to our home away from home in the country. We hadn't been there a week before I found a secluded place to sneak an early morning romp under the trailer, just behind the tin siding. I'll never forget the smell of that place. It was cool and dry, fresh and almost salty, like the ocean distilled down to its purest essence. As the years went by, I grew ever fonder of you, but never understanding just how special you were to me. It was like a dream in that I couldn't capture any one moment in my mind, purely at the mercy of ever marching time, swept along by it's gentle embrace. The magnificence of our relationship was lost on me in my inexperience and I failed to realize the precious nature of each moment with you. I had been working and going to school in the last years, never having as much time as I wanted, but counting the seconds until I'd return home to you. The peace and comfort I felt only in your presence was some days the only thing that got me through. I could overcome any obstacle with only the promise of your smiling face to greet me on my return. You gave my life value when in myself I saw only failure. You made me feel alive when I thought I'd be better off dead. You made me happy on my darkest of days. Except for one.

You left me on a Wednesday. Five years we had spent together, and that day at first started like any other. I came home after school and got dressed for work. I had exactly enough time to walk the two miles to my job when I left. Not fifteen feet from the driveway I saw you lying there, like you often did, by the side of the road. But it was different this time. You liked the flat ground by the driveway, in the sun. You were facing the house angled up a steep incline on one side of the ditch. I approached, called your name, and then I saw the most heart wrenching scene I have ever witnessed. The driver never left a note or came back to explain. I buried you that day, next to the tulip poplar tree by the garden. To this day I've never cried over you. My heart is still too broken to believe you're gone, taken by an unflinching, indifferent world too concerned with progress to stop and pay homage to a pure and selfless soul that has forever left it with an unfillable hole. I want you to know I'm forever grateful for the time I spent with you, for the love you shared with me, and for every day I got to start and end with you by my side. I cherish every moment we had, every misguided adventure, every masterfully choreographed romantic night, every lazy afternoon lounging on the couch, every sudzy bath time struggle, every happy spin dance greeting, every time you slapped me since learning how to shake, every last memory that I'll never forget. Thank you buddy, for everything. I love you.

I'm so sorry you've had to go through that and I can't help but think of my own dog the first one I had reading through this was never sexually active with him but had the closest bond I've had with any animal with him and he was also taken from me far far too soon and it's one of the reasons I have nothing but hatred into staying in my heart for a waste of skin that wants to call themselves "family" that dog I had was a little Chihuahua weiner dog mix not really too sure about the Pacific as he was just a bit of mut that we rescued when I was quite young but I can tell you if your dog was anywhere near as protective you as might want of me if they're still with you watching over you

Many years ago. They wanted to keep you, but couldn't care for you. I spent the better part of an hour tweezing ticks from your ears. You got a bath, one which you fought tooth and nail to escape from. I didn't know it yet, but you saved my life that day. We spent the next couple of years getting to know each other to the finest detail. We became so in tune with one another it was like we had been married for a hundred years. It wasn't like that at first though. Nine long months had came and gone since my first love had passed when I met you. I needed time to open up, and so did you. You scarcely tolerated me touching you the first few weeks, but I was persistent. Starved of love and connection, I rarely left your side. That summer we went to our home away from home in the country. We hadn't been there a week before I found a secluded place to sneak an early morning romp under the trailer, just behind the tin siding. I'll never forget the smell of that place. It was cool and dry, fresh and almost salty, like the ocean distilled down to its purest essence. As the years went by, I grew ever fonder of you, but never understanding just how special you were to me. It was like a dream in that I couldn't capture any one moment in my mind, purely at the mercy of ever marching time, swept along by it's gentle embrace. The magnificence of our relationship was lost on me in my inexperience and I failed to realize the precious nature of each moment with you. I had been working and going to school in the last years, never having as much time as I wanted, but counting the seconds until I'd return home to you. The peace and comfort I felt only in your presence was some days the only thing that got me through. I could overcome any obstacle with only the promise of your smiling face to greet me on my return. You gave my life value when in myself I saw only failure. You made me feel alive when I thought I'd be better off dead. You made me happy on my darkest of days. Except for one.

You left me on a Wednesday. Five years we had spent together, and that day at first started like any other. I came home after school and got dressed for work. I had exactly enough time to walk the two miles to my job when I left. Not fifteen feet from the driveway I saw you lying there, like you often did, by the side of the road. But it was different this time. You liked the flat ground by the driveway, in the sun. You were facing the house angled up a steep incline on one side of the ditch. I approached, called your name, and then I saw the most heart wrenching scene I have ever witnessed. The driver never left a note or came back to explain. I buried you that day, next to the tulip poplar tree by the garden. To this day I've never cried over you. My heart is still too broken to believe you're gone, taken by an unflinching, indifferent world too concerned with progress to stop and pay homage to a pure and selfless soul that has forever left it with an unfillable hole. I want you to know I'm forever grateful for the time I spent with you, for the love you shared with me, and for every day I got to start and end with you by my side. I cherish every moment we had, every misguided adventure, every masterfully choreographed romantic night, every lazy afternoon lounging on the couch, every sudzy bath time struggle, every happy spin dance greeting, every time you slapped me since learning how to shake, every last memory that I'll never forget. Thank you buddy, for everything. I love you.
Beautiful but sad. It's just that life is horrible for a while and then sad again.

My Vinnie boy cat left me November 30 2019 and I grieved for 3 years after he left. He was 10 and had cancer on his left lung that took him rather quick. Since it was the holidays, I couldn’t get him in to have him put to sleep, so he died in my arms at 5:30 that morning. There’s never been another cat that stole my heart like he did.

I'm sorry for your loss man. I feel it with all of my being.

It has been two months since I lost my best buddy, Zorro who was only nine months old. He developed wet FIP (the deadly version of kitty coronavirus). His best bud named Buddy, who I had for five years would leave a little under three weeks later.

Both of them are across the rainbow bridge and can romp freely.

They spent all their time together. Orange one is Zorro and grey boy is Buddy. I miss them so greatly.
IMG_20230118_210938835.jpgIMG_20230105_195805806.jpgIMG_20221220_172334081.jpg

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes and condolences. For those of you that have lost I extend mine as well. It's been ten years but I still feel it. He was so good to me I felt I had to immortalize him in some way. This is a difficult existence but our partners make it all worth it and then some.

Back