I have to tell someone ...

Have you told your friends, family or acquaintances about your sexual orientation? Or even your partner? What experiences have you had (both positive and negative!)?
I have an extreme need to confide in someone. Just to hear “it's ok” or something like that from someone close to me. The pressure is now so great that sometimes when I've had a drink I hint to a friend that I have a secret and would like to tell her because I trust her. With this one friend, I really have the feeling that she would be more likely to understand without breaking off the friendship.
What are your experiences? Have those who have told someone felt relief?

Have you told your friends, family or acquaintances about your sexual orientation? Or even your partner? What experiences have you had (both positive and negative!)?
I have an extreme need to confide in someone. Just to hear “it's ok” or something like that from someone close to me. The pressure is now so great that sometimes when I've had a drink I hint to a friend that I have a secret and would like to tell her because I trust her. With this one friend, I really have the feeling that she would be more likely to understand without breaking off the friendship.
What are your experiences? Have those who have told someone felt relief?
You'll want to be very careful with this. Confiding in the wrong person about something like this could be potentially devastating.

In my mind, that's the whole reason why this place exists, so that folks like us have an outlet to explore and share our feelings without the fear of being persecuted.

Back