I don't know how many of you this happens to, but I want to share it.

TropicalCritter

Zooville Settler
Lately I feel that I could be attracted to a human being, not because of their body but because of their way of being.

I would not like to kiss a human on the mouth at all because the lips seem really ugly to me. The body and the flat face seems strange to me. Maybe I would have sex with one, although I'm not sure, since to this day, every time I was about to start a sexual situation, I felt disgusted and said no. Maybe I'm quite selective.

Of humans, I don't like meeting their family either. Holidays like birthdays, Christmas and so on, don't make sense to me.

I have a group of friends with whom we usually meet to spend the afternoon, or to have dinner. Sometimes we all drive together to see new places and every summer we spend a few days at the beach. They know I'm a zoo. With them I have no topics of conversation because human things hardly attract me. They watch series, anime, play online games, and all those things that people between 20 and 30 usually do. That's why I'm usually silent, just enjoying their company and I like that. I like to accompany them, listen to them, eat what they eat.

I could be attracted to a human, hug one and enjoy their company on a walk or whatever. But for all the reasons I mentioned above, it would be impossible for me to form a relationship with one.

I know it's a weird and messy post, but I wanted to tell you about it. Maybe someone else around here has something similar to tell.

Have a nice day everyone!

Thank you for sharing. It’s so interesting hearing different people's life experiences being zoo. I envy that you are living a zoo exclusive life as I find more and more disgust with humans every day. It’s very hard to form relationships with humans, you have to put so much trust in them. To a dog let’s say, they don’t care about anything physical about you other than the relationship you formed together.

If you end up one day finding feelings for a human that’s ok, but it’s also ok if you never do if that’s what you wish 🙂

This is probably the result of the social nature of humans clashing with the zoo sexual orientation.
We are social animals and we do have a built in desire to experience social contact to some extent.
From my perspective having a human partner is beneficial in the long run, since you have someone you can rely on in difficult situations. And I do realize that living a solitary life is going to be challenging.
But at the same time I am unable to love a human, I am simply not attracted to humans.
This does not mean I would not be able to live with someone else, but the relationship between us would not be love and would likely not be very sexual.
Since from my experience I have serious difficulties being sexual with a human without using a lot of imagination.
The human body or behavior or touch or smells or tastes just are not doing the trick for me.

Look up romantic asexual

For humans I could label myself as a romantic asexual, since I only like to imagine having sex with them, and when the opportunity to have real sex is present, I start to get disgusted. But when it comes to dogs I don't feel sexual aversion.

It's interesting how both sides can work differently.

For humans I could label myself as a romantic asexual, since I only like to imagine having sex with them, and when the opportunity to have real sex is present, I start to get disgusted. But when it comes to dogs I don't feel sexual aversion.

It's interesting how both sides can work differently.

For humans, and how I generally just label myself so I don't go to jail, is Asexual, but really in just, at least as far as my desires and drive goes, zoosexual exclusive.

I know of the romantic variant that like the connection minus physical, that seemed to fit.

It surprises me less than you'd think. You love dogs, your a zoo. Bisexual isn't as common as straight or gay, individually either

But when it comes to dogs I don't feel sexual aversion.
I have it the same with animals.
For example my latest large fantasy (some o\f which is even put into words in the writing section - shameless self advertising :devilish: ) involves a human equivalent of dinosaurs. The entire being is capable of human level intelligence, talking, thinking, yet looks like a feathered dinosaur.
And like that I have zero issues imagining being intimate with an animal like this.
But imagining the same situations with a human, changing just the appearance instantly makes it hopeless for me.

The same happens in reality where I have no problem being affectionate/intimate with my dog, but the same is physically impossible for me with a human, I would have to force myself to mechanically perform those movement with all the feeling missing.

A few decades ago I was in a relationship with a woman who already had a child. I actually fell into the relationship without realising I did, and it all just happened to me. I had no idea how to behave in a romantic relationship with a human, but somehow being stepfather went better for me. Or at least, that's what she told me.

After this relationship ended, she moved on to other relationships. I didn't, until I accepted my zoo-side. Being in a relationship with a mare is not « easier » than with a woman, but I feel better placed in this equine relationship. Yet, there's something awkward about getting home to an empty apartment every evening.

Myself, I feel that I could find a lady to fall in love with, have kids with, and raise a family. I could love her deeply and fully as a husband. But the sex I'd be doing would be for her sake, and involve a lot of "manual" work, since she's not what I'm attracted to.
And since that's the case, I don't bother trying to recruit someone into that relationship, as it would be a bit unfair to them.

I think that a common misunderstanding our society keeps pushing is that there exists only two kinds of love- sexual and platonic. Either you love someone you want to have sex with them, or you love them like a family member. Historically, though, this was not the norm- even as recently as the middle of the 20th century. And as can be attested by anyone who has worked a job where their lives are mutually in the hands of others (soldiers, police, firefighters, etc.), it is possible to feel an extremely deep, non-romantic affection for someone (as deep or deeper than one would have with someone they would marry and raise a family with). In the same way, it's possible to fall in love with someone romantically while also not being sexually attracted to them. This is because our desire to have sex is designed for us to procreate, but romantic love is there to encourage us to raise the families sex can produce. So it's entirely normal to feel a romantic love for someone while also not being attracted to them.

Myself, I feel that I could find a lady to fall in love with, have kids with, and raise a family. I could love her deeply and fully as a husband. But the sex I'd be doing would be for her sake, and involve a lot of "manual" work, since she's not what I'm attracted to.
And since that's the case, I don't bother trying to recruit someone into that relationship, as it would be a bit unfair to them.

I think that a common misunderstanding our society keeps pushing is that there exists only two kinds of love- sexual and platonic. Either you love someone you want to have sex with them, or you love them like a family member. Historically, though, this was not the norm- even as recently as the middle of the 20th century. And as can be attested by anyone who has worked a job where their lives are mutually in the hands of others (soldiers, police, firefighters, etc.), it is possible to feel an extremely deep, non-romantic affection for someone (as deep or deeper than one would have with someone they would marry and raise a family with). In the same way, it's possible to fall in love with someone romantically while also not being sexually attracted to them. This is because our desire to have sex is designed for us to procreate, but romantic love is there to encourage us to raise the families sex can produce. So it's entirely normal to feel a romantic love for someone while also not being attracted to them.

Feeling a romantic love for someone with no sexual desire is a variation of asexuality.

It's well known and accepted in most of society (mostly cause a removal of sex doesn't really piss society off). Misunderstanding like that, I find, only comes from older generations, partially mine too.

All this leads me to think that there is often a blurred line when it comes to zoo-exclusives.

I also believe that there is a difference between the zoo-exclusive lifestyle and the zoo-exclusivity, since the lifestyle could also imply attraction to humans, but with the own refusal to be with one of them due to various incompatibilities, so to speak.

Dear SiberianThing, the attraction you sometimes feel for humans is not unusual or sinful.
I would say that it's just the need to socialize, have a conversation etc.

Back