How would you try to discover other zoos close to you?

Red Zoo

Citizen of Zooville
Recently i was thinking, if i wanted to discreetly find zoo people nearby me IRL, what would be the best way?

Like, what should i try to say to people that would make them think "oh he's a zoo too" if they were a zoo themselves, but that would not expose me to non zoo people?

Recently i was thinking, if i wanted to discreetly find zoo people nearby me IRL, what would be the best way?

Like, what should i try to say to people that would make them think "oh he's a zoo too" if they were a zoo themselves, but that would not expose me to non zoo people?
Let's see... is this the 4,729th, or 4,730th threads that's a variation on "What's the secret code to recognize another zoo?" thread? I think I may have lost count.

Whatever the actual number is, add one to the number of times it's been answered: You don't. There is no "Secret Zoo Handshake", and there won't be, because the instant someone says "this is the code", it's going to get spread far and wide and not be safe to use.

Let's see... is this the 4,729th, or 4,730th threads that's a variation on "What's the secret code to recognize another zoo?" thread? I think I may have lost count.

Whatever the actual number is, add one to the number of times it's been answered: You don't. There is no "Secret Zoo Handshake", and there won't be, because the instant someone says "this is the code", it's going to get spread far and wide and not be safe to use.
pretty rude.

pretty rude.
Only if you've got a problem with reality... <shrug> Knock yourself out. Just try to make sure that if you've got any critters looking to you for their care, you've made arrangements for them to be taken care of while you're in jail.

Online, in a place dedicated to the topic like this.
I wouldn't risk approaching someone based on suspicions or whatever.

Only if you've got a problem with reality... <shrug> Knock yourself out. Just try to make sure that if you've got any critters looking to you for their care, you've made arrangements for them to be taken care of while you're in jail.
genuinely curious;

why would you, as an adult, a grown man, come into this forum, from any other forum you could be on, and start trying to pick fights with strangers who haven't shown the slightest hint of meanness? I get really confused as to what all this frustration and anger is all about.

this question has perhaps been asked thousands of times, but it's just another way to engage and talk to people, you know? that's what a forum is for. it's almost impossible to always ask creative questions that have never been asked before.

genuinely curious;

why would you, as an adult, a grown man, come into this forum, from any other forum you could be on, and start trying to pick fights with strangers who haven't shown the slightest hint of meanness? I get really confused as to what all this frustration and anger is all about.

this question has perhaps been asked thousands of times, but it's just another way to engage and talk to people, you know? that's what a forum is for. it's almost impossible to always ask creative questions that have never been asked before.
im not even angry or bothered, just really curious about. did something happen to you that made you angry? do you need to talk?

im not even angry or bothered, just really curious about. did something happen to you that made you angry? do you need to talk?
Spare me the armchair psychology.

You asked a question. It's a question that's been asked over and over and over and over and over <assume I kept typing "and over" as many times as you like> again. Which, if you'd looked around the place a bit, you would have seen. This "conversational gambit", if I can be forgiven for elevating it from the realm of utterly pointless by calling it that, has been done absolutely to death.

I gave you an answer. It's not my fault if you don't like that answer.

You asked a question. It's a question that's been asked over and over and over and over and over <assume I kept typing "and over" as many times as you like> again. Which, if you'd looked around the place a bit, you would have seen. This "conversational gambit", if I can be forgiven for elevating it from the realm of utterly pointless by calling it that, has been done absolutely to death.

i just made a thread because i wanted to talk to people and hear their opinions lol, you are just making a stom in a cup of water 🤣 just relax a bit, buddy. i know your intentions was to be mean, you dont need to hide it. lets just take a breath and be cool, ok?

I can spot a narcissist with empathy problems from a mile away. You cannot see from their pov at all. Sad.

You wrote out multiple paragraphs to say so little. Read what you wrote out loud. If you talked like this to a room full of people you would be made fun of for real guy

You wrote out multiple paragraphs to say so little. Read what you wrote out loud. If you talked like this to a room full of people you would be made fun of for real guy
Your opinion and ten bucks will get me a (lousy) cup of coffee at Starbucks. What's your point? (not that I much care, but it's a matter of academic interest)

I can spot a narcissist with empathy problems from a mile away. You cannot see from their pov at all. Sad.

No empathy problems at all - I simply don't have any for anyone or anything but those which I, in my sole judgement, include in my personally selected circle of somehow "dear to me", make no pretense of caring for anyone or anything outside that group, and offer no apologies for my stance. If that's a problem, it's a "you" problem, so you're cordially invited to go deal with it for yourself - I don't get paid enough to pretend I care about or have any interest in the problems of somebody I don't know from Adam.

You're welcome to start screaming in outrage about how horrible I am because of that. Just be aware that doing so will change nothing about me even slightly.

Have yourself a real nice day, now, y'hear?

Back