How to handle sheath knotting and lazy humps?

Looking for advice on how to handle a situation I had in the future. For context, my boy is young and inexperienced. He's almost 2, never been around an unspayed female. I give him handjobs pretty infrequently, ever since he started showing interest. He will jump up on my arm and put his sheath in my hand when he's feeling it.

At first, he would jump up but only pump a few times and then wait for me to do all the work (lazy boy :LOL:) so I stopped doing as much. I'd just grab behind the knot whenever he gave me his sheath but not really squeeze or give him much until he started putting the work in and actually humping my hand. He's started working for his pleasure but yesterday he got excited right awayand knotted up while he was still in the sheath and before he had a chance to finish himself.

I know this isn't painful for them and I know I shouldn't try to pull the sheath back if the knot has started to inflate, so I just let go of his penis to avoid hurting him which seemed to upset him (he acted like he had blue balls, followed me around the apartment whining and then went off in the corner to sulk and lick himself till his knot went down). Did I do the right thing by stopping the handjob? I didn't want him to hump too hard and push his knot out the sheath in the heat of things and accidentally hurt himself. He also has a long, soft coat that makes it hard to grip his sheath firmly, so I wasn't confident I could grip his knot well enough to please him through the sheath anyways.

How do you guys handle it when they knot up in the sheath before they've cum? Just stop and wait for the knot to go down before you try again? Wait for another day? Proceed with caution? Any advice is appreciated. Also, is my method for getting him to actually hump instead of making me jerk him correct?

I didn't want him to hump too hard and push his knot out the sheath in the heat of things and accidentally hurt himself.
I haven't seen a dog do this so I wouldn't worry about it. I jack off my dogs in the sheath sometimes and hold their knot there. Some dogs like it better than others compared to full sex. I've never felt the penis try to exit the sheath opening when working a sheathed knot and I imagine I would. Definitely no expression of discomfort from them.

Back