How smart are you?

How smart are you?

• Extremely Smart: I got a physics PhD at age 4

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Highly Smart: I question everything and can contemplate deep systematic/metaphysical ideas

Votes: 54 46.2%
  • Moderately Smart: I use big words and am quite witty with my co-workers at Wendy’s

Votes: 19 16.2%
  • Low Smart: I can spell the word industrialization if I think REALLY hard

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Dumber Than A Brick: I still eat dirt at age 30 and can’t locate my hands

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Errrrr: *Chimpanzee Screaming*

Votes: 20 17.1%

• Total voters
I don't think you can realy define smart that easy. You can have a PhD, and still be pretty dumb in general, and just be a God in vomit learning.

I consider myself reasonable smart due to how easy I understand even very complicate stuff without mutch or any background knowledge. Still I only got an middleschool degree (realschulabschluss).
But maybe I overestimate how smart iam due to the fact that I Usualy work with realy dumb coworkers.

I don't think you can realy define smart that easy. You can have a PhD, and still be pretty dumb in general, and just be a God in vomit learning.

I consider myself reasonable smart due to how easy I understand even very complicate stuff without mutch or any background knowledge. Still I only got an middleschool degree (realschulabschluss).
But maybe I overestimate how smart iam due to the fact that I Usualy work with realy dumb coworkers.

Hehe, of course intelligence is pretty complex. I think we’re all capable of many skills and abilities, and that ties back to intelligence in my view.

I still think my mind is a bunch of rocks. Despite fixing and building things I still think some of my most basic skills are lacking.

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool." - William Shakespeare
The Dunning-Kruger Effect often shows that a fool will overestimate their intelligence, and underestimate their shortcomings. While a wise man will claim that they cannot know everything, nor do they know if the current knowledge they have is accurate.

Where do I fit? I really don't know. I'd like to think that I'm "above average" when it comes to intelligence, but then again, so do most people. We all cannot be "above average."

I call myself average, although in many cases I am surrounded by a lot of stupid people. As a result, I could suspect that I am rather above average. And this is supported by the fact that I can easily understand and see things that I did not know before, I research things, I study them thoroughly, I think them through.
Other people can't use damn Google and are dumb in everyday things.
I don't know, based on these I would be above average, but I think other people are more stupid than they should be. And I'm just average. The average person among many stupid people will be the genius.
This is difficult to define.

I didn't learn english either, even though it's an easy language. It's not my stupid, I'm just lazy. I got my driver's license in a fraction of the time, like others, flawlessly, etc. I only have an intermediate level from school, but that's also laziness. I wanted to work as soon as possible so that I could buy a dog. I dont know.

It is most accurate if I think of myself as average. Anyway, it's an interesting poll, but it's also a silly one, because most people will vote up and some trolls will vote for screaming monkey. :husky_laughing:

I call myself average, although in many cases I am surrounded by a lot of stupid people. As a result, I could suspect that I am rather above average. And this is supported by the fact that I can easily understand and see things that I did not know before, I research things, I study them thoroughly, I think them through.
Other people can't use damn Google and are dumb in everyday things.
I don't know, based on these I would be above average, but I think other people are more stupid than they should be. And I'm just average. The average person among many stupid people will be the genius.
This is difficult to define.

I didn't learn english either, even though it's an easy language. It's not my stupid, I'm just lazy. I got my driver's license in a fraction of the time, like others, flawlessly, etc. I only have an intermediate level from school, but that's also laziness. I wanted to work as soon as possible so that I could buy a dog. I dont know.

It is most accurate if I think of myself as average. Anyway, it's an interesting poll, but it's also a silly one, because most people will vote up and some trolls will vote for screaming monkey. :husky_laughing:
I understand. I'm just being playful with this poll, lol. Of course, evaluating intelligence criteria is quite complicated. I'm one to advocate for multiple forms of intelligence because I think that is simply a more comprehensive way of understanding the various means of how people can use their cognition.

Am I still the only one with a PhD at age 2 actually? The option has a wrong age - how unfortunate. I actually finished high school still inside the womb and communicated with the outside world by using rhythmic kicking as a new morse code variant I myself invented.

I consider myself to be quite average but a lot of people around me consider me to be above average according to conversations I’ve had in the past. I think its just due to me only speaking on things I know and understand.

Back