How much time after giving birth does a bitch need to "get into the mood" again?

Bearable

Lurker
My bitch got 2 babies a few weeks ago and ever since she is not in the mood to make out or play around. Anyone knows how long this period usually lasts?

I'm no expert on this matter, so I can only say that it lasts as long as it lasts. Have you tried searching the forums?

I had a one that had puppies before, and I believe I gave it a couple of months after the pups for things to calm down for her. How old is she? It may just take some time.

Mine is just under a year old(11 months) and she was still queefing placenta everywhere and still trying to get me to rub her. It was maybe 3 days for me. It's variable for sure

Physiologically individually, irl. But the average protective interval, for physical proximity, should be set at least 4 months. Ideally, at least 6.
Behavioral features are again individual. Ideally, this should end with the offspring gaining independence. It is 6-7 months. But in domestic dogs there is a wide range of deviations in this behavior.
In any case, these are months, normal.

Back