How many of you are nerds?

How many of you are nerds?

• Total voters
Nerd hits me right on the head, grew up with both parents as massive nerds too. They started the collecting streak that haunts me.

A big nerd but you'd never know unless someone brought up a video game, D&D or anime. Then I'd be like that friendly dog that you pet and made a friend forever lol

Huge , women in IT , im
A big Trekkie as it was the first English show I watched and helped me learn the language, I like DND/Star Wars a lot and am big into video games as growing up in Japan in the 90s I went to a lot of arcades

Definitely me.

Huge gamer, getting into Dungeons and Dragons slowly as well - I feel like DND is screaming NERD!

I've built my own PC, planning to upgrade a few parts after a few months. (Gonna enjoy my time with a group of friends at a gaming thing in a couple of months and holy shit the money I've spent for hotels/reservations already!)

Currently for work, I've moved into a more tech/management role while still doing what I've enjoyed before that.

At a glance you might never know I'm a huge gamer with more online friends than real life ones.

👑 you dropped this lego king, favorite set?
my current sets, I would say my favorite to put together was the bucket wheel excavator but i want to get the D11 dozer that came out but holy hell the prices of these things are getting ridiculous. I would love to get the plans from the guy who made the huge crane. this things was a scaled down size (i cant remember the crane model) but, it was something like 20+ feet tall and showed it lifting his dinning room chairs.

my current sets, I would say my favorite to put together was the bucket wheel excavator but i want to get the D11 dozer that came out but holy hell the prices of these things are getting ridiculous. I would love to get the plans from the guy who made the huge crane. this things was a scaled down size (i cant remember the crane model) but, it was something like 20+ feet tall and showed it lifting his dinning room chairs.
Yoo!!! I never see anyone talk about the bucket wheel excavator! I had to order mine 3 times to get it lmao. Its a dope ass set!

I haven’t seen that dozer but it looks sick, and I’ve never heard of that crane. Huge megasets like that are cool as hell, it reminds me of that nearly full scale AV-6 Juggernaut MoC someone built a few years back.

Yoo!!! I never see anyone talk about the bucket wheel excavator! I had to order mine 3 times to get it lmao. Its a dope ass set!

I haven’t seen that dozer but it looks sick, and I’ve never heard of that crane. Huge megasets like that are cool as hell, it reminds me of that nearly full scale AV-6 Juggernaut MoC someone built a few years back.
I don't think i know of that set. here is the one i was talking about https://www.flickr.com/photos/63874326@N03/25436820558/in/dateposted/

I don't think i know of that set. here is the one i was talking about https://www.flickr.com/photos/63874326@N03/25436820558/in/dateposted/
I cant find the complete thing but I know ive seen it before, heres the last video the guy put out on it.

That crane is huge! I was thinking it wouldve been in the 6-7 foot range but that thing is massive holy shit

I cant find the complete thing but I know ive seen it before, heres the last video the guy put out on it.

That crane is huge! I was thinking it wouldve been in the 6-7 foot range but that thing is massive holy shit
thats pretty cool. I think its crazy how some people can come up with their own designs. i wish lego would offer some kind of program where you can submit your own design and if they turn it into a kit then you would get some form of kick back for it. There would be so many cool sets that could be built and offered if they did something like that.

thats pretty cool. I think its crazy how some people can come up with their own designs. i wish lego would offer some kind of program where you can submit your own design and if they turn it into a kit then you would get some form of kick back for it. There would be so many cool sets that could be built and offered if they did something like that.
They kinda do? You can submit stuff through IDEAS and if it gets enough support they tend to make it. You dont get any kickbacks, but I’m pretty sure they send you a set.

Other then that you can upload stuff through Stud.io and directly link it to bricklink so you fan just buy all the pieces. Its super neat, I’ve got a Patlabor Ingram Unit-1 designed I’m probably gonna order soon.

They kinda do? You can submit stuff through IDEAS and if it gets enough support they tend to make it. You dont get any kickbacks, but I’m pretty sure they send you a set.

Other then that you can upload stuff through Stud.io and directly link it to bricklink so you fan just buy all the pieces. Its super neat, I’ve got a Patlabor Ingram Unit-1 designed I’m probably gonna order soon.
I didnt know that. thats kind of cool.

I would probably identify more as a geek than a nerd, but I assume that having a new video game come out and spend the next ~4 weeks in a sleep-eat-game-repeat cycle is one qualifier. As for other things I can be nerdy about, there are many I could mention, such as history, classical music, mythology, engineering, art and so on. Not to mention more obvious things like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings of course!

I think in the classic sense, a nerd is someone that would rather be doing something that involves heavy thought rather than engaging in gossiping, or discussing the latest fads.

More than likely interested in things involving science, including science fiction which often leads to real technical advances.

I'd definitely put myself in the nerd category, although you wouldn't know it by looking at me since I look more rock n roll biker than need.

I think a lot of us gravitate towards animals because in some ways we are very similar. They wear their hearts on their sleeves the way we would want to, but can't because of the way society has treated us in the past.

I know that isn't true for everyone, as being a nerd is becoming a lot more socially acceptable than it once was.

I think Im a nerd by a looser definition. My general interests are pretty scattered, and the things I'm more acutely interested in I don't know that much about compared to other nerds in my areas of focus (which tend toward nature and spirituality.). So I chose "maybe." I really do love to learn and enjoy deep dives into subjects. Most my time when I'm not working (which demands most of it), or walking/working out, I'm always reading something, usually in my browser but I just got a new book on pagan spirituality 😆 , I think the problem is I tend to scatter my field of focus and interest.

for any warframe players u can tell im a nerd i collect info for no reason just info here there everywhere

Dude I am like the least cultured nerd ever but the things I am into we can talk for days about. If you want to know literally anything about the Elder Scrolls series I can absolutely tell you. I’ve been playing Skyrim since 2012😅and I know all of the lore. It’s bad guys. Like a really unhealthy obsession😂😂

Back