How bad is your fear of conflict?

What's your reason for fear of conflict?

• I ghost people but I don't block them. I just pretend ignoring a problem makes it go away

• When I hear strong opinions/disagreements I make excuses to not listen

• I lurk more then I post. Why even bother when people are quick to ignore?

• I rarely communicate because people aren't allowed to be angry and themselves. It's too fake

• I'm one of the rare people that never block and always read every word 100% of the time.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mesond

Citizen of Zooville
BANNED USER
Is it your life or their life? You won't control your own life if you don't even learn to pay attention.

Once you prove my point you prove my point. Are you really in control or are you doing exactly what I want?

If you're not a monster then you can't stop one. Stop letting the haters that pretend to be innocent get inside your head. They're hating on hate. They're hypocrites that are blind to their own hypocrisy. Are you going to trust that? The honest monster you can trust. But the people that pretend to be perfect? Don't. Trust. That.

Answer the poll. Then self reflect. Because if you don't you may never control your own life.

Some sage advice:

"When I don't react, it doesn't mean I didn't notice it. I just leave it be".

It's in the same realm of the pigeon on the chess board, kicking over the pieces, shitting on the board, and then claim it has won. So for me, it's not a fear of conflict, but just the fact that I don't want to waste my time with people who just throw their opinions like hand grenades from the trenches of their mind into the no-mans land above.

(By the way, it should be "I lurk more than..." Then is for timE, than is for compArison)

Some sage advice:

"When I don't react, it doesn't mean I didn't notice it. I just leave it be".

It's in the same realm of the pigeon on the chess board, kicking over the pieces, shitting on the board, and then claim it has won. So for me, it's not a fear of conflict, but just the fact that I don't want to waste my time with people who just throw their opinions like hand grenades from the trenches of their mind into the no-mans land above.

(By the way, it should be "I lurk more than..." Then is for timE, than is for compArison)
Making this about something it's not is a poor counter argument. When was the last time you had a conversation with a pigeon?

Either you keep communicating when you don't like what you hear or you don't. One is communication. The other is lack of communcation. No excuses.

That's when already having a conversation with someone. If you're not already talking then it's a different matter.

I think you're making excuses to not admit you worry. Worrying is fear. Fear is more then the "intense emotions". It's also a subtle thing. If you're complaining about time then you are worrying.

Your poll does make the assumption that anyone who doesn't read every word of everything is taking their course of action out of fear, and has a limited selection of possibilities that likely will not fit even many who are stressed by online conflict.

Your poll does make the assumption that anyone who doesn't read every word of everything is taking their course of action out of fear, and has a limited selection of possibilities that likely will not fit even many who are stressed by online conflict.
Have you considered people being in denial are making excuses to be evasive cowards is what causes the stress? Keep in mind there's a difference between being "weak" and being a "coward". One accepts flaws. The other does not.

People that accept every flaw and love hate don't work themselves up. You can't love like that if you hate on hate. If you hate on hate then you're a hypocrite. Not that I'm saying you do. But people do. It's proven that "fake nice people" die younger. They bottle up the grudges and resentment. It's destructive. For yourself and others alike.

Let's consider the online dangers. Tictock would be one. Only teaches people to be more impatient (no wonder people are so insecure). Forced rules and obligations, which are demanding and act entitled. That's another. "Be what I want you to be" instead of "Speak up if you have concerns". If people don't get angry and hate then they're being fake. When rejection breeds hate then that's the problem. If all you see is hate then you're breeding it. Creating it yourself. People are quick to pretend hate is the problem yet slow to consider where they learn it from. Who do you think taught them?

Even murderers take issue with it. When a cop and a killer agree about such things then what do you think? Cowards avoid accountability.

People get lied too. Buy into the "social norms". They lie to themselves. Pretending that they're fine. When deep down people know something isn't adding up. You know what the title of this thread is. You came into it. Something brought you here. What if your whole life is a lie when you've been brainwashed by the seemingly "good" when in reality it's the most destructive and dishonest thing there is?

But why think? Why use your brain? Maybe you'd rather rush through life instead of making the time so it lasts longer. You can do that if that's what you want to do. But is it? Or is it a bad habit you never corrected?

If X person knows what is going on and Y person doesn't then who do you think is in control? Choose to be stupid and others are running your life.

Do I think some people are in denial? You bet. Does that mean everyone is? Not at all.

The rest of your post has so many cases of "I don't think that word means what you think it means" and omitted context for your references that I'm not going to spend any more time trying to parse it.

Aren't you the guy that likes to assume a difference in opinion is an invite for a nasty argument.

Nonetheless your poll is.... I'll say it in a nice way as possible,seeing that being nice seems foreign to you..... unnecessarily long,over the top and gibberish 😇 belongs in the DF

Aren't you the guy that likes to assume a difference in opinion is an invite for a nasty argument.

Nonetheless your poll is.... I'll say it in a nice way as possible,seeing that being nice seems foreign to you..... unnecessarily long,over the top and gibberish 😇 belongs in the DF
Aren't you the guy that takes everything as a personal attack? The nasty comment gives it away. Is that your idea of nice? I don't put feelings inside of you. You can only bully yourself.

You can only work yourself up.

Opinions and facts are two different things. Your expectations and reality are two diffeerent things. And here's why. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. You mock what you don't undertand. You make snap judgements and you generalize. Oh how rich of you to pretend it's about just a difference of opinion when you accuse others of being nasty when you argue yourself. Don't you think that's just a bit hypocritical?

People are afraid when they go "I worry about time" or "Leave well enough alone" or "nasty". Or "loaded". Otherwise people would not worry and bitch about such things. Why even bring this up if there's nothing to worry about? It's not me bringing this up first. It's you lot. You give me the ammo of your own free will. I know a contradiction when I see it. You can't worry about something unless you're afraid. I'm not even saying these have to be bad things. It really depends on wherever people claim accountability.

Keep in mind fear is often subtle. Anxiety is the "intense fear". That's why it's called "anxiety" and not fear.

I've called people out plenty of times. You people just choose not to see it. Too busy making snap judgements and clinging to expectations. That's why.
I don't know
These are the wisest words in this entire thread. Give this man a prize. Well done. This is not dishonest sarcasm, I mean what I say when I say it. Only one person in this thread is admitting they don't understand. For all you people know I could be testing you to see if you make snap judgements and assume. So I'm actually very happy about this. They seem to know to be mindful about what ammo they give me. Which brings me to the next part.
Seems quite loaded.
Correct. And people give me the ammo themselves when they pretend to be innocent.

People that go "I did this" or "you're scaring me" stop working themselves up. BOO! Jokes aside it is better to shake people up and mean to do it when people pretend they're immune. It will prove you're the honest one when you give people a wake up call. Long as you can get people to answer somehow. I will employ any means and any methods to make it about honesty. The point is accountability. I am not a "nice guy" when people bullshit me. And if you're being honest with yourself you're not either. So we're in the same boat there.

There's always common ground. Just got to get off your high horse to see it.

Last edited:
Back