Horse statues

Jacynthe Azurée

Citizen of Zooville
Heyyyy everyone!!!

There are many horse statues around and since I find horses sooo beautiful and I wander around quite a lot since many years, I have a decent collection of horses statues pictures !!!

My collection is not so big anyways, so if you have some statues to share, feel free! Horses and any other equines statues are welcome!

IMG_20180816_133403.jpg

And that's already here than I ask your help, because I only have a bit photos of horse/equines statues xD

So please if you have some, post them here, onegaishimasu!

On a statue of a horse and rider, the number of legs in the air reveals information about how the rider died, both legs in the air means they died during battle one leg in the air means they died later of wounds inflicted during a battle

Heyyyy, I've had a wonderful day at Asuka yesterday, a very pretty Japanese town near Nara!

I'm going to create a thread about it after I finish to tell my adventures in the Kusatsu one...
Some locations in Japan make me remember that Earth can be very beautiful <3

Anyways, for now, enjoy the wonderful horse statue of the temple Tachebana-dara!
This depiction of this wonderful creature aroused me a bit, to not lie hehe~

IMG_20240302_141544.jpg

IMG_20240302_142802.jpg

IMG_20240302_141535.jpg

Also, I was very surprised, because horse statues - without a rider - are pretty rare in Japan!!

I'm surprised that this one hasn't been posted here yet. This is Sgt. Reckless Korean war hero and veteran. She actually held official rank in the U.S. Marine Corps. For all my years around equines, especially mares I can't wrap my mind around this mare. ONLY the 'heart' of a mare could accomplish what this magnificent soul did.

1709576724769.png

1709576872838.jpeg

I'm surprised that this one hasn't been posted here yet. This is Sgt. Reckless Korean war hero and veteran. She actually held official rank in the U.S. Marine Corps. For all my years around equines, especially mares I can't wrap my mind around this mare. ONLY the 'heart' of a mare could accomplish what this magnificent soul did.

View attachment 539719

View attachment 539720
Thanks for your awesome contribution, Epona!

Reckless' story is very interesting, her exploits look like they come straight from a movie!
Horses can be awesome heroes!

Heyyy, I have recently seen a very sexy horse statue at Nagano, a small city in the North of Honshu, Japan!

Interestingly, this statue is near a bunker that could have been the emperor's palace of fortune and the high military base in case of US invasion during World War 2.

IMG_20240501_143249.jpg
IMG_20240501_143303.jpgIMG_20240501_143309.jpg

Back