Horny female llama (question about induced ovulator behaviour)

S

satsuma

Here's a very cute video off YouTube. The llama's orgling (which the uploader mistakes for humming) with arousal and her tail's also raised.
View attachment My llama Chloe humming! A must watch vid its adorable.mp4

But this confuses me because induced ovulators don't go "in heat". And from what I've seen, it's the male llama that orgles while he's copulating with a female. Does anybody know why this lady llama would be acting all horny? Especially towards her owner! Consent couldn't be more obvious, which is just what I'd like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a very cute video off YouTube. The llama's orgling (which the uploader mistakes for humming) with arousal and her tail's also raised.
View attachment 145378

But this confuses me because induced ovulators don't go "in heat". And from what I've seen, it's the male llama that orgles while he's copulating with a female. Does anybody know why this lady llama would be acting all horny? Especially towards her owner! Consent couldn't be more obvious, which is just what I'd like.
From my experience with llamas, thats not orgling. A good solid orgle will damn near make your ears bleed at close range. Never actually heard a name for that noise the one in the vid was making - I always thought of it as a general-purpose "Heya, homie! Wassup? How ya doing? Got a cookie for me? Maybe a carrot? No carrot? How about some ear-scritchies?" sort of noise. Never heard it from one that wasn't showing other signs of "life's good - I'm happy", so I always associated it with a "contented curiosity" kind of mood.

From my experience with llamas, thats not orgling. A good solid orgle will damn near make your ears bleed at close range. Never actually heard a name for that noise the one in the vid was making - I always thought of it as a general-purpose "Heya, homie! Wassup? How ya doing? Got a cookie for me? Maybe a carrot? No carrot? How about some ear-scritchies?" sort of noise. Never heard it from one that wasn't showing other signs of "life's good - I'm happy", so I always associated it with a "contented curiosity" kind of mood.

Oh, really? Just seems rather orgly, rather than the usual hum, and also with the tail. Sure llama tails point up a bit, but that tail looks deliberately pointed up against her back like she's presenting. Could all well be wishful thinking on my end! I'd just like to be sure of these things for when I get a couple llamas one day, once I get the land.
Nice to know it's at least a positive sound, 'cause sounds cheery and bubbly. Thanks!

<crickets>
Uhhh... Maybe it's just me, but so far as I can tell, it "never gets started" in the first place. What's supposed to be funny about it? What am I not seeing? Or perhaps it's just one of those "Guess ya had to be there" concepts?
Yep, probably one of those.

Oh, really? Just seems rather orgly, rather than the usual hum, and also with the tail. Sure llama tails point up a bit, but that tail looks deliberately pointed up against her back like she's presenting. Could all well be wishful thinking on my end! I'd just like to be sure of these things for when I get a couple llamas one day, once I get the land.
Nice to know it's at least a positive sound, 'cause sounds cheery and bubbly. Thanks!
After that slight derailment, anybody else familiar with llamas that can chime in?

Llamas are the same as cats, induced ovulators so they are either pregnant or can be bred. The act of breeding causes ovulation.

As I recall males do the orgling. Often the sound causes open female llamas to lay down waiting in anticipation of the male to mate her. But females when bred by a man can learn to just stay standing, but usually their first reaction is to crouch down.

Thanks PonyLove, so without orgling, what could be good way to get a llama in the mood/feel pleasure? Or are llama's generally more aloof than that lol

Thanks PonyLove, so without orgling, what could be good way to get a llama in the mood/feel pleasure? Or are llama's generally more aloof than that lol

I take you are talking about getting a male llama in the mood?

I would say lay next to an open female llama, and when the male crouches down, pull the ol' switcharoo on him. He may learn from that experience. Llama dicks are not that thick, they are long, and they mate by pushing and pulling their dick in and out, but they do mate for quite some time, say 10 min?

I take you are talking about getting a male llama in the mood?

I would say lay next to an open female llama, and when the male crouches down, pull the ol' switcharoo on him. He may learn from that experience. Llama dicks are not that thick, they are long, and they mate by pushing and pulling their dick in and out, but they do mate for quite some time, say 10 min?
I'm pretty sure he's talking about his dick into llama pussy. The idea of taking a llama dick absolutely terrifies me because of the gouge they're packing. You ever seen the endoscope pics of how badly a breeding tears up a llama mare's cervix (and to a lesser degree, her vagina)? Can you say "shredded meat"? Now imagine that hooking into your intestinal wall - You're gonna be one severely hurtin', possibly even dead, unit. You couldn't pay me enough to make the attempt.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about his dick into llama pussy. The idea of taking a llama dick absolutely terrifies me because of the gouge they're packing. You ever seen the endoscope pics of how badly a breeding tears up a llama mare's cervix (and to a lesser degree, her vagina)? Can you say "shredded meat"? Now imagine that hooking into your intestinal wall - You're gonna be one severely hurtin', possibly even dead, unit. You couldn't pay me enough to make the attempt.

Sounds right. From your desription, surly something to avoid. But I never had a desire for that anyway, but I am sure others may have tried. I knew a girl that wanted to do it with a llama, but never did find out if she did.

Sounds right. From your desription, surly something to avoid. But I never had a desire for that anyway, but I am sure others may have tried. I knew a girl that wanted to do it with a llama, but never did find out if she did.
MSBeast tried, but didn't get much of anywhere beyond "he poked around and got a bit of penetration for a few seconds". Which, I suspect, is very fortunate for her. (She also found out she was allergic, so likely wouldn't have tried again anyway) While speaking with her about it, she described it as nothing special, and even a bit unpleasant, with something scraping/poking each time he did manage to enter her. Nobody is ever likely to know for certain, but I suspect she was feeling the barb, even though it usually doesn't "activate" until the breeding is nearly finished and it's time to withdraw and "rake" the cervix to trigger the prostaglandin-release that causes the follicle to break and release the egg (assuming it's "ripe") to be fertilized.

My own personal experience has been with females only, and they're usually quite nice partners when open, but god forbid you're stupid enough to even suggest mating with a pregnant one - they get downright EVIL.

I've also heard more than one llama/alpaca breeder say that if people could see the damage that being bred causes to the mare's cervix and vagina, they'd likely never allow a live-cover again. (which I expect would be rather futile, since it's the damage to the cervix (and to a lesser extent, the vagina) that triggers the "flash" of prostaglandins that release the egg - llamas and alpacas are notoriously difficult to AI, likely for exactly that reason - they NEED that gashing and tearing of the cervix to trigger ovulation)

Well, I have always liked ponies. Llamas just do not seem to have much of a personalty or interact with people. They are more like cats. They certainl were expensive to buy at one time though. I guess now they are a dime a dozen. Their cousin the alpaca, I guess still goes for good coin, probably the females because of breeding. .The Suri alpaca always seemed interesting to me becuase of their wool.

Ah glad you had some experience UR20Z, and thanks PonyLove
Yeah, either female, or male (if they'd "bottom" although I somehow doubt that) so I'm probably leaning toward female.

Depending on a llama's breeding and environment, some can be quite sociable, although of course nowhere near to the extent of a "me-me-me!" goat.

Back