Home steading

OffgridK9lover

Esteemed Citizen of ZV
Any one ells into off grid / self sufficiency life style?

I been slowly building up my kitchen hard ware, and meat finishing (I'm not a fancy butchered, I use a machete & Hack saw atm)

This spring I aim to get beehive and chicken coop built.

what are some of your choices for the basics of living?

There are A LOT of times I wondered about just taking off into the woods and living off the grid and self sufficient.

My few hang ups are mostly on the transition and worrying about food gaps with my companions.

There are A LOT of times I wondered about just taking off into the woods and living off the grid and self sufficient.

My few hang ups are mostly on the transition and worrying about food gaps with my companions.

Yup that is a big one, I still haven't gotten tot he point I can make my own dog food in sufficient volume yet to be 100% on that, but I all so got a lot of dogs!

Yup that is a big one, I still haven't gotten tot he point I can make my own dog food in sufficient volume yet to be 100% on that, but I all so got a lot of dogs!

Just the two here but, yea, if it wasn't for them I likely would have disappeared long ago.

I believe Alaska still has homesteading opportunities still available. I think the only requirement is that you have to show improvements to the land within 3 years.

Back