Hewflungpew lore?

Daedalus

Tourist
Anybody know what became of the @Hewflungpew user? Last I can tell, he moved his farm (or started a new one) in New Mexico, the state that was also a longtime home of Malcolm Brenner for any of you zoo lore / zoo history & culture buffs. @Gtaw555 I'm looking at you on that one. And you're another one with whom I'd like to connect with over lore and legends among our people, past & present. Not to mention welding, if I'm interpreting your name correctly!

Anyway, I ask about hew because his story has some overlaps with my own. We both work in trades and have homestead ranches. Only he went that impossible step further and purportedly took a collection of zoo friends who were also tradesmen, homesteaders, fellow rancher types with him out to NM to start a settlement of some kind. Yeah, I know. How many times over how many decades have we all heard that doomed idyll? But still, some of it lines up. He operated heavy equipment putting in subdivisions if I'm not mistaken, and he met a ton of people in the BF era. He stuck to country boys and rednecks, guys like him who's values and capabilities aligned with his own. Easy to do back when we were all much more willing to engage in person. So he was in a prime spot to pull it off. Together with the right blend of trades across the right kind of contributing folks with useful backgrounds, he could've made good on his plans. I think @Guitarzan63 was part of his circle but he hasn't been here in almost two years now too. Hew and Zan and whoever else was part of the effort, don't appear to be banned (?), but they don't login anymore either.

I'm only going on things he himself posted of course, so I have no idea how close or far from reality any of it is. If any of his story was true, he'd be among the first of our people to have pulled it off. An impressive feat, and a tough act to follow. I also work in construction and own a homestead ranch, but I've done everything alone out here on my place. I wish I could take on people but I'm still working out how exactly to do so. I'm fascinated by what hew (supposedly) did, and I find myself wondering all the time if they succeeded...

Back