Help. Do y’all think i messed up?

I’m sorry if this is long.

My pup is almost of age to start playing and he’s having trouble mounting and humping, and I’m pretty sure it’s cuz i accidentally kept turning him away when he was younger. He was 3 mos old when i got him and when i say he just automatically humped me the first day i got him. Now, i’m almost positive it was bcuz i had just had a great dane cumming in me just a week before i got my pup. I obviously wasn’t really into with him cuz he was literally a baby, so as he continued to mount and hump my leg over the last year, i have turned him down by saying “no” in a somewhat firm, but calm tone. Fast forward back to now, and idk what to do cuz he seems like he wants it in ever other non verbal way, even a frustrated bark (he never barks), but we can’t get the concept back of mounting and humping. idk what to do help😭 Please only answer if you have first hand experience raising a pup, i feel otherwise is pointless

Last edited:
He was 3 mos old when i got him and when i say he just automatically humped me the first day i got him. Now, i’m almost positive it was bcuz i had just had a great dane cumming in me just a week before i got my pup.
No. Absolutely not. Puppies mounting and humping has NOTHING to do with sex or what they may or may not smell on you. It's 100% play and/or establishing dominance within a litter.

I agree with the person above. Also, the only thing you can do is to try to draw out the humping behavior by doing things that turn him on and having patience. Try to spend a lot of time on on his head level or below. Get him excited and energetic, possibly with play. Masturbate him a bit to tease him. Be very permissive with letting him handle you, mouth on you, lick you, etc. Build his comfort with your body and his confidence. Don't get frustrated and expect things.

Back