Have you ever come out and had to debate the ethics?

Equinophile

Tourist
I came out to my ex about 8 months into our 4 year relationship. She didn't know anything about zoos aside from common public knowledge.

We had both done our first hit of LSD ever, and while watching Fullmetal Alchemist we got into a conversation about ethics for some reason. She ended up asking if I had fucked a horse, because my assume friend Nick loved telling jokes about it to everyone.

I told her yes, and then after about 3hrs of discussion, she was convinced that humans and animals could have mutually beneficial, non abusive sex. I explained about consent and how she can know if her cat consents to playing or petting, the biology of pleasure and the reward mechanisms that operate in all mammals' brains, the fact that all female mammals have clits, and the fact that she had seen me interact with animals and how much they liked me. She was okay with my sexuality after that and even joined in on making jokes with me.

So have you ever come out to someone and had to explain or debate? How did it go? Are they still in your life? Do you still talk about it from time to time?

As a non-zoo I've thought about it, but the people I know are more interested in having their own way at any cost rather than having an honest discussion about ethical bestiality, so no, I didn't, and I won't. Besides, I don't need to "come out" for my sexual interests - what I like is what I like, and it's nobody's business unless I tell them.

Well, unfortunately yes.

I got exposed as a zoo online years back, luckily I got the page taken down. But not before my brother found it. That was a fun almost 2 hour conversation with him. He never suspected it, and was appalled by the very idea. I tried to explain that animals can and do enjoy it, if you do it on their terms and not your own. I explained how animals do not have the belief of sex being sacred and how to them it was just a feel good feeling. I tried to explain that while yes, I've had sexual contact with an animal before, I also get very emotionally attached to them (This is in reference of my first canine love, my neighbor's poor heavily neglected dog that I fell head over heels for.) It's not just lust, it's love for me. I tried to explain that animal have the potential to be what we'd consider very slutty. We went back and forth for a long while but to little avail.

Ultimately, I couldn't change his mind on the subject. He wanted me to promise him that I'd never do it again. I flat out told him "No, I cannot promise that." So he barely talked to me for a whole month . But luckily he's grown to at least tolerate it, while still being uncomfortable with the idea. And while he hasn't asked me if I fuck my current doggie girls, he treats them like the black plague whenever he visits my house, I'm also lucky he never told our parents.

Well, unfortunately yes.

I got exposed as a zoo online years back, luckily I got the page taken down. But not before my brother found it. That was a fun almost 2 hour conversation with him. He never suspected it, and was appalled by the very idea. I tried to explain that animals can and do enjoy it, if you do it on their terms and not your own. I explained how animals do not have the belief of sex being sacred and how to them it was just a feel good feeling. I tried to explain that while yes, I've had sexual contact with an animal before, I also get very emotionally attached to them (This is in reference of my first canine love, my neighbor's poor heavily neglected dog that I feel head over heal for.) It's not just lust, it's love for me. I tried to explain that animal have the potential to be what we'd consider very slutty. We went back and forth for a long while but to little avail.

Ultimately, I couldn't change his mind on the subject. He wanted me to promise him that I'd never do it again. I flat out told him "No, I cannot promise that." So he barely talked to me for a whole month . But luckily he's grown to at least tolerate it, while still being uncomfortable with the idea. And while he hasn't asked me if I fuck my current doggie girls, he treats them like the black plague whenever he visits my house. I'm also lucky he never told our parents.
So sorry you had to go through that! ☹

It’s funny how the general population falls head over heels for pets, spending crazy money on them loving them more then family giving them what they want day and night. And then when someone finds out another person is fucking his dog the whole world is over. I mean god I at least whine and dine my boy first with prime rib once in a while. What do normal people give? Kibble?

It’s funny how the general population falls head over heels for pets, spending crazy money on them loving them more then family giving them what they want day and night. And then when someone finds out another person is fucking his dog the whole world is over. I mean god I at least whine and dine my boy first with prime rib once in a while. What do normal people give? Kibble?
A good portion of these people have the attitude that pets function more like moving ornaments rather than entirely living beings.

As a non-zoo I've thought about it, but the people I know are more interested in having their own way at any cost rather than having an honest discussion about ethical bestiality, so no, I didn't, and I won't. Besides, I don't need to "come out" for my sexual interests - what I like is what I like, and it's nobody's business unless I tell them.

That's fair, I'm not saying it's better to be out to anyone, if that's what you interpreted. I was just wondering if other people had to explain it like I did, and if so how many convinced the person.

Well, unfortunately yes.

I got exposed as a zoo online years back, luckily I got the page taken down. But not before my brother found it. That was a fun almost 2 hour conversation with him. He never suspected it, and was appalled by the very idea. I tried to explain that animals can and do enjoy it, if you do it on their terms and not your own. I explained how animals do not have the belief of sex being sacred and how to them it was just a feel good feeling. I tried to explain that while yes, I've had sexual contact with an animal before, I also get very emotionally attached to them (This is in reference of my first canine love, my neighbor's poor heavily neglected dog that I feel head over heal for.) It's not just lust, it's love for me. I tried to explain that animal have the potential to be what we'd consider very slutty. We went back and forth for a long while but to little avail.

Ultimately, I couldn't change his mind on the subject. He wanted me to promise him that I'd never do it again. I flat out told him "No, I cannot promise that." So he barely talked to me for a whole month . But luckily he's grown to at least tolerate it, while still being uncomfortable with the idea. And while he hasn't asked me if I fuck my current doggie girls, he treats them like the black plague whenever he visits my house. I'm also lucky he never told our parents.

I'm so sorry. I'm glad he hasn't told anyone, but I'm sorry he's so close minded about it. You would think knowing you for all of those years, and seeing how healthy and happy your dogs are would have some impact on him, but I guess people will be deluded by bias regardless of the evidence.

True! So many non-zoo human companions don't treat their dogs as well as zoos. Being treated as a living, thinking, feeling being is far more preferable to being treated as a toy.

I'm so sorry. I'm glad he hasn't told anyone, but I'm sorry he's so close minded about it. You would think knowing you for all of those years, and seeing how healthy and happy your dogs are would have some impact on him, but I guess people will be deluded by bias regardless of the evidence.
Thank you!

Well we never grew up around dogs. The only dog I knew at the time was our neighbors neglected dog, they would let her off leash to roam around the neighborhood every 2-3 days for like 6 hours at a time. I fell madly in love with that little girl as she was my first relationship with a dog. Despite all the shit she'd gone through she was still super sweet, but still dumb as a box of rocks. I expressed how much she meant to me, and how much I meant to her. But he still couldn't get over the fact that I had sexual contact with her. She is/was only like 25 lbs, so fingering and oral was all we could do.

As for my current dogs, I've only been in a situation where I could own dogs since late last year. But he was taken aback at how friendly both my dogs are. The only reason he didn't tell them is because other than this, we actually have a very good relationship with one another. We both agree on a lot of things, and even the things we don't see eye to eye on, we're really civil about it. So I'm sure, even though the very thought disgusts him, he knows I'm not an animal abuser.

I had the opposite, I was discussing the ethics with a friend and she suddenly stopped mid-sentence, sat quiet for a few seconds, then asked "Do you think of [my dog] as your wife?". Was very awkward and I didn't want to come out, so I denied it of course. We remained friends, though never discussed this particular topic afterwards, but she did always make an effort to invite both myself and my girl for visits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back