Guilty Pleasures

What are some of your guilty pleasures, a couple of mine are duke nukem forever, the 2005 Doom movie, and Cinematic Mod for Half-Life 2. I genuinely enjoy each of them, and don't think they deserve anywhere near as much hate as they generate.

I also kinda enjoy.......I'm being serious about this now........Hunt Down the Freeman........it's like The Room of games, poorly made, horrible acting, etc. But the fact that it's so so so horribly made makes it kinda enjoyable. But that's just the crazy Half-Life fan side of me talking. Plus it's the only game that shows at least something like the 7 Hours War might've been like. So the difficulty is kinda warranted in that sense, if the Combine could take out all of Earth's military forces in a mere 7 hours, you can be sure a single man who was in the hospital would be a cakewalk for them. That being said, you sure as hell could make a more convincing 7 hours war role-play in Gmod, assuming your computer is beefy enough to handle 200+ mods, gigantic map with full interiors with furniture, and hundreds of NPCs constantly fighting. Which despite being a source engine game, can be rather expensive, hell my $1000+ gaming laptop was lagging when I tried huge projects like that, and it could run RE2 flawlessly. Funny thing, when my laptop was working, I often went into Gmod with the YouTube mod, and built a living room in a house, with a couch with a buggy chair in it so I could sit down, and watched Night of the Living Dead, and Dawn of the Dead both in full. Sure I could've just went on YouTube and watched them normally, buuuuuuut, eh, it's enjoyable like that. To be completely honest, it's kinda surprising how Gmod became so popular, I mean hell, you need to buy 19 other games (20 if you want maps that use Black Mesa content) to even be able to get every mod and map working properly, which including Gmod, and the various "Free to Play" games, makes a total of 30 games you have to install and a total of around $195 for every game you need to buy, so along with a good computer you also need to have a pretty large drive that's at least over 250 GB in order to install each game and also get lots of mods.

Last edited:
Guilty pleasures? Does being alive count as a guilty pleasure?
I hear you man, nowadays it seems like the world would be better off if we all just die or something, I mean hell, who knows how long this planet has left to be habitable?, Maybe another century if things start becoming better right this second, luckily we'd all be dead by then, but if any of us decides to have children it's them who will suffer the consequences of our reckless actions with this planet.

I hear you man, nowadays it seems like the world would be better off if we all just die or something, I mean hell, who knows how long this planet has left to be habitable?, Maybe another century if things start becoming better right this second, luckily we'd all be dead by then, but if any of us decides to have children it's them who will suffer the consequences of our reckless actions with this planet.
That's exactly why i made the consious decision to not have kids! This world is fucked and in my lifetime its got so much worse I dread to think what itll be like in another 50 years!

Drawing shotas getting breastfed and Snu-Snu'd by big tiddy Amazons.

Shooting, hunting, fishing for me. Mix in hiking time in the woods with my boy and the smell of the pines is pure godly. I enjoy a good hammock as well. It took some time to get Jake use to it but he snores in it now.

Hmm... the movie Daredevil is one. There was also a time that I enjoyed Internet Bloodsports, which is basically shouting matches among alt-right adjacent sperglords. Nothing was learned, but it was basically a newer, younger Jerry Springer.

So called "bad" video games, I know I'll get flack for this but in my honest opinion, I honestly don't think hunt down the Freeman is as bad as people say it is, the way I see it, it is still at the end of the day, something someone worked hard on, blood sweat and tears. Same goes for cinematic mod, you know what, the people who say it's a bad mod can go fuck themselves, I think it makes the game look more beautiful and more like the world got fucked hard, especially the coast Levels where there are abandoned gigantic ships everywhere.

This isn't even guilty. Games have a lot of good music. See Skyrim.
I wish I could believe you. I once gave a ride to a junior enlisted troop to our shop (Kadena Air Base), and I had a soundtrack from Dynasty Warriors 5 playing on my car stereo, and he openly mocked me in the shop, saying "he doesn't listen to real music."

So...that tells me it very much was a guilty pleasure.

I wish I could believe you. I once gave a ride to a junior enlisted troop to our shop (Kadena Air Base), and I had a soundtrack from Dynasty Warriors 5 playing on my car stereo, and he openly mocked me in the shop, saying "he doesn't listen to real music."

So...that tells me it very much was a guilty pleasure.
That junior troop was flat out wrong. Some game soundtracks are legitimate modern masterpieces and I wish more people listened.

Another guilty pleasure of mine...the 1990 version of Stephen King's IT...delightfully hokey :)

roadtrips, at random when-i-feel-like times, just pick a road, no destination in mind, & just drive, if i had money, & i drive to far, just book a motel room or i always travel with my tent in the boot/trunk, best roadtrips i've taken are on roads to places a factory, lightly beaten up, boring beige '01 Camry probably shouldn't go, love the look on dudes faces when they arrive in a tuned up modified 4x4 to a 4x4 only spot & see my boring beige Camry is already there :LOL:

roadtrips, at random when-i-feel-like times, just pick a road, no destination in mind, & just drive, if i had money, & i drive to far, just book a motel room or i always travel with my tent in the boot/trunk, best roadtrips i've taken are on roads to places a factory, lightly beaten up, boring beige '01 Camry probably shouldn't go, love the look on dudes faces when they arrive in a tuned up modified 4x4 to a 4x4 only spot & see my boring beige Camry is already there :LOL:
Jack Reacher

Back