Growth on dog labia?

canecorso

Citizen of Zooville
Hello, any vets around to chime in or anybody encountered something alike? I've noticed this growth on my dog's labia, she's had a tiny labia-colored bump there a month-to-a-few-months ago and it grew into this. It's soft and painless to touch. She's an older dog and has multiple benign warts on her body already, so I also wondered whether this couldn't be a budding one as well. Surely I'll ask my vet about it the next time I visit, but getting there right away would be difficult due to holidays.
asdf.png

There are no vets here and who wants internet advice anyway
please see your vet and take their advice
all vets have an out of hours service

Don't put it off very long. The fact that you say it has grown to this should be of concern. It maybe nothing but the sooner you have it looked at the better for your dog.

Just take her to your local vet for a check. There is no good way to diagnose a growth like that online.
You might agree to have the mass removed surgically if it bothers her (or if it bothers you too!)

Just take her to your local vet for a check. There is no good way to diagnose a growth like that online.
You might agree to have the mass removed surgically if it bothers her (or if it bothers you too!)
I agree, just wanted to exclude the possibility of me overreacting over something blatantly unremarkable. I'm not active with her, so it doesn't bother me in "that" way, I just want her to be safe and comfortable.
I might get to visit the vet by friday. I think the pimple is a teensy bit smaller, but it's hard to tell.

always a tough call over the holidays...don't want to go to the emergency vet and get raped but also don't want to put your girl in danger.
I've had plenty of animals with benign and malignant growths. From my experience, malignant growths grow FAST and are usually nasty looking. But even benign ones can look gross.
I would just be careful how you explain how you found it to the vet...not to raise any suspicion.

Back